I cleared the cache but data seems to stay

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
2haerim

I cleared the cache but data seems to stay

Postby 2haerim » 05 Sep 2007

First of all what is the definite and 100% sure method of deleting data from cache and local GDB file for certain period.

I wanted to delete all data for today. So, I opened QM and clicked Clear Cache menu and then cliecked Edit Data menu. Now I thnik there should be no data for today and if I plot a new chart, MC should request today's data from datafeed.

However, MC does not request any data and all data remains there.

Why isn't the data deleted at all? I

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 06 Sep 2007

Dear Haerim,

When you delete the data from cache it is not deleted from the storage.
Storage and cache has different functions.

Storage has all the data you have ever received.

Cache stores certain resolutions (smaller than 1 min, but not equal to 1 sec) to speed up plotting charts for the resolutions you have already used.

So if you want to delete the data permanently, it should be done through Edit Data.

traderstuff

Postby traderstuff » 06 Sep 2007

Marina wrote -

"So if you want to delete the data permanently, it should be done through Edit Data."

If I remember correctly,in another place on this forum you answered that simply deleting a futures contract from the Quotemanager also permanently deleted the data from the database-that is another way of getting rid of the data-correct?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 06 Sep 2007

Yes, that is right. By deleting a symbol you will delete all the data for this symbol.

If you want to be more selective and delete certain records for a particular symbol - Edit Data is the way to go.

Return to “MultiCharts”