Charts with useable right hand blank margin?  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
ttk

Charts with useable right hand blank margin?

Postby ttk » 06 Aug 2013

Hello,

Prospective MC user.
In my experience with charts (I used RealTick) the data (bars) scroll to the left as new ones are added during trading. The data fills the entire chart space.

My question is: can MC display charts with a user customized blank right margin into which new bars progress during trading and on which I can add graphical objects such as Fibonacci levels, trendlines and others?

TJ

Re: Charts with useable right hand blank margin?

Postby TJ » 06 Aug 2013

Hello,

Prospective MC user.
In my experience with charts (I used RealTick) the data (bars) scroll to the left as new ones are added during trading. The data fills the entire chart space.

My question is: can MC display charts with a user customized blank right margin into which new bars progress during trading and on which I can add graphical objects such as Fibonacci levels, trendlines and others?
Right click on chart,

a Window will pop up,

look under the X-Time Scale tab

ttk

Postby ttk » 06 Aug 2013

Hello,

Prospective MC user.

Right click on chart,

a Window will pop up,

I don't have MC yet. I'll get the trial in September with higher mkt activity.
Could you describe briefly how that functionality works? Capabilities and limitations.

TJ

Postby TJ » 06 Aug 2013

Hello,
Prospective MC user.
Right click on chart,
a Window will pop up,
I don't have MC yet. I'll get the trial in September with higher mkt activity.
Could you describe briefly how that functionality works? Capabilities and limitations.
You can define your white space, either in number of bars, or in percentage of the screen width.

Please see:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... Time_Scale

TJ

Postby TJ » 06 Aug 2013

You can download the MultiCharts user manual here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/951 ... Manual.pdf

tcat

Postby tcat » 07 Aug 2013

post deleted.
Last edited by tcat on 12 Aug 2013, edited 1 time in total.

TJ

Re: Charts with useable right hand blank margin?  [SOLVED]

Postby TJ » 07 Aug 2013

Just a question: TJ, do you get paid by TSSUPPORT/MC to answer all questions?
From an outsider, it could appear so and as most critical questions did not get any answer in the last 10 days, I was just wondering if it was worth posting any new requests.
Thierry
tcat:
Thank you for your question.
As indicated by my username, avatar and profile, I am a user, not an agent or employee of TSSUPPORT/MC. I do not receive any compensation from TSSUPPORT/MC, monetary or otherwise. I have some experience with MultiCharts and EasyLanguage, and I am happy to help out anyone who might have a question. I do not have all the answers to all the problems, only the basic ones. The forum is for general queries; if you have an urgent issue, please contact Live Chat, an engineer would be happy to work with you to find a solution. Usually I answer questions after the Live Chat is offline and when the tech support is not available, this should save the newbies one day of turnaround time.

ps. you should start a new thread, or send me a PM, instead of hijacking someone's thread.

Return to “MultiCharts”