X Axis labels resolution

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Nick

X Axis labels resolution

Postby Nick » 07 Aug 2013

I notice since microsecond accuracy has been introduced that the X-Axis is labelled with milliseconds. Milliseconds are for machines! Could you round it to the nearest second for display on the chart axis? It essentially looks like gobbledygook. :)
temp.png
(45.71 KiB) Downloaded 527 times
It's pretty meaningless labelling a bar that takes more than an hour to complete with a ms time stamp. Its not even useful on bars that complete quickly you just get a long string of hard to separate numbers along the X axis.

Arguably there is no need to display seconds on longer bars but that is liveable with.

Apologies in advanced if I have missed a setting for this somewhere.

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: X Axis labels resolution

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 08 Aug 2013

Hello Nick,

Make a right-click on the chart -> Format Window... -> X-Time Scale -> check off "Show Millisecond Timestamp" -> OK.

piranhaxp

Postby piranhaxp » 08 Aug 2013

Milliseconds are for machines!
I like that :)

But MC is going into the direction of the so called "IwanttobeorfeelaHFtrader@home" ... I'm afraid it will continue ...

Nick

Postby Nick » 09 Aug 2013

Hello Nick,

Make a right-click on the chart -> Format Window... -> X-Time Scale -> check off "Show Millisecond Timestamp" -> OK.
Hi Andrew,

I could have swore I looked there....ahhh wait it is not there on mine.....time to upgrade. Actually there is a strong argument to have the option to turn of seconds and even possibly minutes. It is not beyond the realms of possibility to have people using tick constructed bars that span days/hours.

A related thing. It would be good to be able to choose not to display xx most significant digits on the x time scale. If you are scalping a currency (or the ES for that matter) you are not interested in the 100's or 1000's. So for example 60 61 62 is much clearer to read than 1.3160 1.3161 1.3162. (If that has been added recently apologies again)

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 09 Aug 2013

Thank you for your suggestion, Nick. Please leave us such feature request.

Return to “MultiCharts”