MultiCharts 8.7 Release New Builds 7633/7634

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 07 Aug 2013

MultiCharts 8.7 Release builds 7633/7634 is a minor upgrade that includes the hot fixes for issues in MultiCharts 8.7 Release reported by our customers.

BUGS FIXED:
• FXCM Trading plug-in: CreateFixOrder and ChangeOrderRate methods upgraded.
• Issue with TT broker profile: oder status not requested for the second time.
• Issue with Optimizable Inputs tab contents in Optimization dialog fter signal re-compilation.
• IQFeed: Daily chart plotted out of tick data regardless of the selected connection option.
• Issue with getting real-time data from IB.
• Exception when copying/pasting a Kagi or Point and Figure chart or opening a workspace with minimized Kagi or Point and Figure charts.

KhaosTrader

Re: MultiCharts 8.7 Release New Builds 7633/7634

Postby KhaosTrader » 08 Aug 2013

What about the .net builds?

momentum

Re: MultiCharts 8.7 Release New Builds 7633/7634 Walkforward

Postby momentum » 09 Aug 2013

In this latest version and the previous, I ALWAYS get an error that causes the optimization to stop and error when I run a Walkforward optimization in any timeframe, aany symbol and any strategy. I have to hit the terminate button on MultiCharts error box.

This what I got last time:

<<EXCEPTION>>
Code: 0xFFFFFFFFC000000D ( -1073741811 )
Continuable: 0x0000000000000000 ( 0 )
Description: An invalid parameter was passed to a service or function.
ErrorCode: 0xFFFFFFFFC000000D ( -1073741811 )
ExceptionType: 0x0000000000000000 ( 0 )
Module: C:\Program Files\TS Support\MultiCharts64\OptimizeManager.dll
Process: C:\Program Files\TS Support\MultiCharts64\MultiCharts64.exe
Thread ID: 0x0000000000000F64 ( 3940 )
Time: 09.08.2013 - 01:27:36.578

Alex MultiCharts

Postby Alex MultiCharts » 09 Aug 2013

Please send the following information to support@multicharts.com

1. The signal(s), that you are using for Optimization.
2. The workspace.
3. MultiCharts Log files, after you click Terminate (please follow this link to read how: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... harts_Logs ).
4. Export of the Symbol from QuoteManager (. qmd file). See how: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... rting_Data

We will forward this information to the engineers and investigate this issue.

evdl

Postby evdl » 10 Aug 2013

Installed the new release 7634 on 7 august. During trading hours I had two times, that tick charts was not updating. Restarted MC and tick charts updated again.

Now in the weekend, with the exchanges closed. The charts are not loading at all. The establishing connection text is displayed on all charts (tick, but also other timeframes) and it is not loading historical data that is in the database.

And also when closing MC and Quotemanager, it takes a while (sometimes 1 to 2 minutes) before you see the process of QM to wright the quotes to database. With MC 7 or so, I saw this same behaviour but now with MC 8. First time I thought, the closing of QM was not working, but it does with a delay now.

Use latest TWS(IB) and latest java.

Any one else can not load the charts?

MC support, can you look at this? Thank you.

Update: when changing date in format instrument 10 days back from 7 august then the charts are loading. With settings 10 days back from 10 august is not working. But the data of 8 and 9 august is in the QM database but not loading.

arnie

Postby arnie » 11 Aug 2013

Installed the new release 7634 on 7 august. During trading hours I had two times, that tick charts was not updating. Restarted MC and tick charts updated again.

Now in the weekend, with the exchanges closed. The charts are not loading at all. The establishing connection text is displayed on all charts (tick, but also other timeframes) and it is not loading historical data that is in the database.

And also when closing MC and Quotemanager, it takes a while (sometimes 1 to 2 minutes) before you see the process of QM to wright the quotes to database. With MC 7 or so, I saw this same behaviour but now with MC 8. First time I thought, the closing of QM was not working, but it does with a delay now.

Use latest TWS(IB) and latest java.

Any one else can not load the charts?

MC support, can you look at this? Thank you.

Update: when changing date in format instrument 10 days back from 7 august then the charts are loading. With settings 10 days back from 10 august is not working. But the data of 8 and 9 august is in the QM database but not loading.
Which symbols are you loading? Which periodicity?
I'm not having any problems loading data here.

Regarding QM's closing time 1 minute is not bad, mine sometimes takes more than 5 minutes.

swz168

Postby swz168 » 11 Aug 2013

It seems that quite many have chart updating problems with different brokers. I use LMAX and I also have this problem. (see viewtopic.php?f=1&t=39141&p=95415#p95415). According to Andrew, my chart updating problem should be solved with build 7634. But nothing mentioned in the change log. The post from evdl supports my assumption that nothing has changed.

Dear Multicharts team, please make the chart updating problem a high priority issue. This is an absolute no-go for a trading software where people trade with real money. It seems to be more than an general problem in MC, not only broker specific. Please implement mechanisms that avoids chart updating problems. The last weeks, I have restarted many times, hope this won't be the case for the future.

janus

Postby janus » 11 Aug 2013

Do these loading issues only occur with 7634 or also with the previous build?

evdl

Postby evdl » 11 Aug 2013

Arnie,

The symbol I use is of the DAX. And I use 45tick, 220tick, 670tick and 1, 5, 15 minute charts. All charts are 10 days back of the current date. And all data is in QM.

Maybe it has something to do with not having realtime data at the moment the exchanges are closed. And therefore also not loading some data, although it is in QM. I don't know, just guessing here.

As for the closing time of QM. To process all the quotes also takes some minutes. I am talking about the delay after you hit the x in the right top of QM and then it takes 1 to 2 minutes before the processing of the quotes appear on the screen. So iniately I thought QM was hanging, but it works, only with delay now. And that was not the case with 8.7.7569. So I thought to just mention it, in case it can have something to do with the problem I am having now.

I close MC every night by the way.

Janus,
I did not have this problem with 8.7.7569 or at least I didn't noticed it.

evdl

Update on sunday afternoon:

After restarting MC and PC, the charts are loading again. Did not change anything, just restarted.

When on saturday I restarted multiple times, tried new charts, checked all the settings, removed studies etc. with no result, now on sunday it works.

Just thinking out loud: can it be that the IB datafeed (with closed exchanges) does not always give MC the confirmation that there is no new data and therefore keeps looking for data. With the result that the charts are not loaded?

Sunday is a day where the exchanges open again (forex for example), maybe that is why the charts are working again. Will have a look next weekend, and ofcourse the upcoming week during trading hours.

momentum

Postby momentum » 11 Aug 2013

IB shuts data down part of Saturday. Often I can't even logon on Saturdays.

arnie

Postby arnie » 11 Aug 2013

There was a time where IB wouldn't allow any type of connection during the weekend.

Maybe yesterday day had some server maintenance, explaining this way your inability to download data.

By the way, when you said you were trying to load data from QM, were you loading it with MC in online or offline mode?
If I'm not mistaken, and I apologize if I am, when in online mode, MC will always connect to the datafeed servers, only in offline mode it will connect to QM database.

evdl

My MC is always in online modus. I thought MC will get the quotes from QM (online and offline) and use the datafeed to backfill the missing quotes. With offline MC only loads what is in QM. But I am not sure. Will try the offline modus next time if there are charts not loading.

Didn't know that IB is shutting down data in the weekends or on saturdays. The last 2 years that I am using IB and MC this never happend. I usually backfill my charts in the weekends (for minute and up, data). So this can be the case now and I was lucky all these time to get connecting with IB in the weekend.

What I am suspecting is that there were some missing quotes on 8 and 9 august. And IB was not supplying these, althought I could see QM connecting to IB (but not backfilling data).

And now on sunday these missing quotes probably were supplied by IB and therefore loading the charts.

evdl

Postby evdl » 18 Aug 2013

Little update:

Had no problems with realtime data during the tradinghours and also backfilling this weekend was no problem.

So latest MC 8.7.7634 release is updating the data alright for me.

SP

Postby SP » 21 Aug 2013

If i plot a lower timeframe (ie 200 tick) as data1 and a higher timeframe (ie 800 tick ) i now get
4 candles at the lower timeframe and then a space of one candle. In that space the candle of the higher
timefame is plotted at data2. (MultiCharts64 Version 8.7 Release (Build 7634))

On the older versions the data2 candle is plotted at same time as the fourth candle is plotted.
I there a way to get back to the old plotting, it affects the presentation of indicators and calculation/plotting
of ADE indicators?
MC Older Version 8.5.jpg
(177.66 KiB) Downloaded 8462 times
New MC 8.7 Release (Build 7634).jpg
(163.05 KiB) Downloaded 8465 times

piranhaxp

Postby piranhaxp » 22 Aug 2013

With update to version 7633 GDATA keeps destroying directory: C:\ProgramData\TS Support\MultiCharts\StudyServer\Studies\Dlls\Indicators on my development machine because of endless virus alerts. I have no choice to go through it nor can I and don't want to exclude the folder from any checks.

So TSSUPPORT, which antivirus program you want me to buy now ?

Before you recommend any please check which one will also alert me because of the dll behavior from any study in this folder !!!!!

I don't want to be a player in your version race with opening up a purchase race of antivirus software after every update. Thank you an advance .....

Mike

arnie

Postby arnie » 22 Aug 2013

I've used 3 different internet security package while using MC and never had any issues regarding dll's being considered as virus. That is definitely not a good sign.

I remember having issues with BitDefender package because for some reason it would really slow down MC. Quotes were lagging. It seemed BitDefender was analyzing every piece of data MC was receiving.
Since my annual subscription was ending I took the opportunity and tested ESET product which I'm using ever since with not a single problem.

Can you create an exception for each dll that the program detects as a virus, without having to exclude the entire folder, although if it starts to detect every single dll as a virus that will be definitely annoying to deal with.

You can always test another antivirus package.

You should also contact your antivirus support and ask them why are you getting that type of warning on such file type.

piranhaxp

Thx Arnie ...

I know why it detects it as a virus. It is the behavior of the dll. You can analyze it. It was no problem till version update 7633 and my problem is that GDATA is not alone. There are 13 other antivirus programs out there with the same result of testing and their signature analysis. But this was from 2012. Now, after the update, which one will still alert me and which one don't ?

Providing an answer for this question is not my job .... it is on TSSUPPORT. I'm not a testing pussy any more.

Fabrice

Postby Fabrice » 22 Aug 2013

Have made a manual full scan of Program Files\TS Support and ProgramData\TS Support directories. 10648 files scanned. Everything is fine.
Antivirus : Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition with latest updates.
MC 8.7 7634 & MC.Net 8.7 7636
Regards.

swz168

Postby swz168 » 22 Aug 2013

[...] It is the behavior of the dll. [...]
Providing an answer for this question is not my job .... it is on TSSUPPORT. I'm not a testing pussy any more.
There is no such DLL on my MC Installation (At least not found). Is it a third party DLL? (If yes, then it is a business of that developer). I know bugs/problems can be very annoying. But we should try to stay cool :)

piranhaxp

There is no such DLL on my MC Installation (At least not found). Is it a third party DLL? (If yes, then it is a business of that developer). I know bugs/problems can be very annoying. But we should try to stay cool
First of all I'm not saying it is a virus or some other security issue !!! Just to make this clear and be sure I'm totally relaxed. I'm just wondering what this dll is doing and I'm already trying to analyze it.

Second, if you have studies in your MC you will have all these dll's ... Otherwise you would have no studies and this seems to be impossible, at least I guess. One study, one dll for it. So it comes from TSSupport and they will have to make the call ... It is no 3rd party dll issue.

Take a look here :

Last edited by piranhaxp on 22 Aug 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 22 Aug 2013

piranhaxp, there are no such prebuilt indicators corresponding to the dlls you are referring to.
You can compare the dll name with the list of studies in your PowerLanguage editor->File->Open. If there is no such study - then it can be indeed an infected dll file.

piranhaxp

piranhaxp, there are no such prebuilt indicators corresponding to the dlls you are referring to.
You can compare the dll name with the list of studies in your PowerLanguage editor->File->Open. If there is no such study - then it can be indeed an infected dll file.
For every single study I have in MC there is a dll for each study in the folders for functions, indicators and strategies. When I set up MC on a new machine and import PLA backup files, all these dll's will be build in this directory : C:\ProgramData\TS Support\MultiCharts\StudyServer\Studies\Dlls .....

It doesn't matter I'm importing PLA-backups from Version 4-5-6-7 or 8 from different years and different sources etc., all are "mirrored" via these dll's. When I write a new indicator this dll will be build as well. I have no dll without having the "brother" in MC.

Again, I'm not saying it is a virus. I just call it an alert. Ok ? Thank you.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 23 Aug 2013

If i plot a lower timeframe (ie 200 tick) as data1 and a higher timeframe (ie 800 tick ) i now get 4 candles at the lower timeframe and then a space of one candle. In that space the candle of the higher timefame is plotted at data2. (MultiCharts64 Version 8.7 Release (Build 7634))
This issue has been confirmed. It will be fixed in the next version of MultiCharts.

piranhaxp

Postby piranhaxp » 23 Aug 2013

So what are the dll's doing or what causes the alerts ? An explanation would be nice ... Thank you.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 23 Aug 2013

So what are the dll's doing or what causes the alerts ? An explanation would be nice ... Thank you.
As I have stated before:
Please contact the technical support of your antivirus provider regarding these alerts. You can send them the files for analysis, if there are no actual security threats - they need to adjust their virus definitions to avoid false alarms.

momentum

Postby momentum » 24 Aug 2013

I close an MC session - Version: 8.7.7634 - with 4 workspaces, each workspace with multiple charts. On re-opening MC 30 minutes later the workspaces were there but three workspaces were empty - no charts - and two strategies had disappeared from PowerEditor.

Is this a one off or is there an issue I need to mitigate against by backup as I'm working?

piranhaxp

Postby piranhaxp » 24 Aug 2013

Please contact the technical support of your antivirus provider regarding these alerts. You can send them the files for analysis, if there are no actual security threats - they need to adjust their virus definitions to avoid false alarms.
... to much to explain what a job these dll's have ? Poor support, not surprising. When you check all the alerts explained in the internet, no explanation from your side is already an answer. You are good guys :p

TJ

Postby TJ » 24 Aug 2013

... to much to explain what a job these dll's have ? Poor support, not surprising. When you check all the alerts explained in the internet, no explanation from your side is already an answer. You are good guys :p
Each indicator you have in your MultiCharts is compiled into a dll.
(That's why MultiCharts runs faster than the competitor's methods.)

If you do not recognize the name of the "bad" dll in the Studies subdirectory,
as a safety precaution, you should quarantine it.
If the dll turns out to be something you need, you can always un-quarantine it,
or re-install it from your MultiCharts download.

arjfca

Postby arjfca » 24 Aug 2013

A 1000$ dollars question

I usually go bling with upgrade, but this time, I'm not so sure.

I'm using Kaspersky.
is it safe to upgrade. Do I get a chance to have my antivirus trigger false alarm.
If so, I will wait for the next patch.

If problem arise, is it possible to revert to the actual version?

Martin

TJ

Postby TJ » 24 Aug 2013

A 1000$ dollars question
I'm using Kaspersky.
is it safe to upgrade. Do I get a chance to have my antivirus trigger false alarm.
Martin
You can revert to a previous install. Simply do an uninstall of the new version and install the older version again.

Make sure you make a backup before you do anything; when you uninstall, all the modifications you do to the indicators will be lost.

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 24 Aug 2013

I use "Avast" antiVirus and it has no problem with the latest MC build...

piranhaxp

Postby piranhaxp » 26 Aug 2013

Many thanks for the answer TJ and Stephan, but it doesn't explain what the dll is doing and why there is such an alert.

I tried to replicate the issue with setting up a new win platform, installing MC again, setting up some new indicators and installing GData again. Same behavior. F-Prot, Webroot, Anti-Malware etc making alerts as well, some others don't. I did not import old indicators, just set up new ones and I have the same issue. So no security issues from something imported. I sent some dll's from the indicator folder to let them be analyzed and tested what they are doing, where behavior information are going to etc etc etc..

Bad to have this issue outsourced, because MC does not want or can't give an explanation.

My Regards.

Mike

swz168

Postby swz168 » 26 Aug 2013

Many thanks for the answer TJ and Stephan, but it doesn't explain what the dll is doing and why there is such an alert.

I tried to replicate the issue with setting up a new win platform, installing MC again, setting up some new indicators and installing GData again. Same behavior. F-Prot, Webroot, Anti-Malware etc making alerts as well, some others don't. I did not import old indicators, just set up new ones and I have the same issue. So no security issues from something imported. I sent some dll's from the indicator folder to let them be analyzed and tested what they are doing, where behavior information are going to etc etc etc..

Bad to have this issue outsourced, because MC does not want or can't give an explanation.

My Regards.

Mike
Like MC Team said, their is no such prebuild study/indicator. I also can't find it on my PC. I use AVAST. No alert on my side. Did you ever install some third party software/addon? Have you tried to install a freshly new MC on a newly installed windows, where you can be sure that nothing is infected by an virus? Have you looked in PL-Editor which study/indicator/function creates that DLL? Checked that code? etc.

Edit: Sorry, overread, that you tried a a new installed windows. This seems indeed strange.

arjfca

Postby arjfca » 26 Aug 2013

A 1000$ dollars question

I'm using Kaspersky.

Martin
Did install the upgrade this weekend

So far so good. No problem with AV ( Kaspersky).
All work go flawlesly

Martin :)

piranhaxp

Not sure this issue is MC related or IB related, because both showing wrong bar times after EUREX was disconnected this morning. IB shows continued bars (5min & tick) at the price were EUREX stopped trading this morning. MC does not.

Instead MC starts plotting again after EUREX resumed trading, but with strange time stamps ... both in chart and Quotemanager db.

May it is just a settings issue I don't know.

Here we go ....

EDIT :

Solved it a little bit by deleting all the data today and importing them again. Works for the history but not for current bars. Current bar information are still saved with wrong time stamps. But as long as IB shows wrong time stamps as well, it might be a IB problem ??!!

TJ

Postby TJ » 26 Aug 2013

My Regards.
Mike
Your environment might be contaminated. (Just a guess).

piranhaxp

I know that will or was coming. But as I said earlier, made several setups over the weekend ... 1 on a local machine with win7 + IB + MC without any other installations, 2 setups on a VM (one on win server and 1 on linux server with 100% exclusion from the net) ...

... but thx for the heads up ... :) ... but looks a little bit impossible (at least theoretical) for me. That is one of the reason why I hate proprietary software ... You never know whats going on behind the wall.

TJ

Postby TJ » 26 Aug 2013

I know that will or was coming. But as I said earlier, made several setups over the weekend ... 1 on a local machine with win7 + IB + MC without any other installations, 2 setups on a VM (one on win server and 1 on linux server with 100% exclusion from the net) ...
... but thx for the heads up ... :) ... but looks a little bit impossible (at least theoretical) for me. That is one of the reason why I hate proprietary software ... You never know whats going on behind the wall.
Unless you start with a freshly formatted disk, you are still installing in your old environment.
I am not saying your environment is contaminated, merely pointing out the obvious.

arnie

Postby arnie » 27 Aug 2013

Does anyone using IQFeed (5.1.0.3) and MC build 7634 is losing connection from time to time?

Almost every day now, MC charts just stop updating although the status line show the last price traded updating.
Today for example, my charts stopped updating 2 hours prior the cash close while the status line was updating fine.

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 27 Aug 2013

Does anyone using IQFeed (5.1.0.3) and MC build 7634 is losing connection from time to time?

Almost every day now, MC charts just stop updating although the status line show the last price traded updating.
Today for example, my charts stopped updating 2 hours prior the cash close while the status line was updating fine.

* I didn't notice any problems today.. MC 7634 seems to be very good actually...using IQfeed 50014 ..
I didn't know that a newer version of IQfeed was available...
You might try 50014, I've used it for months with zero problems..

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 Aug 2013

We have tested it on our end - all charts are updating fine with no interruptions. Please let us know if you have this behavior on a constant basis.

piranhaxp

Postby piranhaxp » 01 Sep 2013

Unless you start with a freshly formatted disk, you are still installing in your old environment.
I am not saying your environment is contaminated, merely pointing out the obvious.
I was talking about setting up fresh invironments.

Arnie, you should be able to test IQFeed with ProphetX from IQ parallel to MC. I hope I'm not wrong and wasn't pressed to do so ... But in tha past it was working. Whenever I saw MC not updating I switched to ProphedX for confirmation IQFeed was down.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Mike

arnie

Postby arnie » 03 Sep 2013

Arnie, you should be able to test IQFeed with ProphetX from IQ parallel to MC. I hope I'm not wrong and wasn't pressed to do so ... But in tha past it was working. Whenever I saw MC not updating I switched to ProphedX for confirmation IQFeed was down.
I've been in contact with IQFeed support and for some reason the client just drops its connection.

Doing the tracert test it seems that my router is blocking one of the connections which I find odd since I never had such problem before.
If this happens today again I'll need to contact them again so I can install a previous client to see if that happens.

It mist be some thing they add or altered in this new build.

We'll see....

arnie

Here something that I just find out and I just can't figure why is this happening.

Well, I know why, it's the inability MC always had in dealing with non time based charts.

When I remove yesterday's data from the chart, it is indeed removed from minute charts but not from non time based charts.

How odd is this?
Please fix this.

Attachments
MC_holiday.png
(96.6 KiB) Downloaded 9450 times

arnie

And by the way, allow me to refer this once again because everytime we have a holiday I'm facing the same problem.

Holidays are selected on QM settings which hides the data directly at the database.
This messes up 24h charts (ETH+RTH) because the holiday option only recognize RTH sessions, not ETH, so when we hide a holiday on a 24h chart that data is removed but we end up having 2 ETH session side by side which if you have studies reading the start and end of the RTH session on a 24h chart that studies becomes messed up because it cannot distinguish both ETH sessions, reading it as if it was 1 session. I confess that this sometimes is useful, but than again, it's not how it should work.

So, again, I request a holiday option or a remove date option on the chart settings (Format Window) itself were we could hide the data on the chart and not on the database. This way we could have charts showing the 24h day, with all data and RTH charts where the holiday or any other day of our choice would be hidden.

tcat

Postby tcat » 05 Sep 2013

On the subject of the latest release conflicting with anti-virus programs, I faced the attached two errors. In order to get going, I had to deactivate the anti-virus. Never faced such issue before. I am using Avast and IQfeed.

I will see if the issue persist after reboot.

Thierry
Attachments
Avast2.png
MC resulting error
(15.79 KiB) Downloaded 8392 times
Avast1.png
Avast1
(24.36 KiB) Downloaded 8376 times

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 05 Sep 2013

On the subject of the latest release conflicting with anti-virus programs, I faced the attached two errors. In order to get going, I had to deactivate the anti-virus. Never faced such issue before. I am using Avast and IQfeed.

I will see if the issue persist after reboot.

Thierry
** I just had the same problem with Avast and MC - I tried everything and my temporary solution was to remove MC and re-install it ...
if it happens again, I'll be re-installing a previous version of MC... Avast has never given alerts with any other version of MC...

jl12

Postby jl12 » 07 Sep 2013

I have a similar problem

IQ stops updating in MC a couple or so of times a day, I know IQ is putting out data because it updates other programs and spreadsheets

I have DDE instruments that are derived from IQ data fed into spreadsheets these continue to update in MC.

piranhaxp

Postby piranhaxp » 07 Sep 2013

I'm asking myself why Vers. 7633 & 7634 is making so much problems with some (so far not many) anti-virus/firewall appz with different issues. Nobody had them before .... :p

Best wishes for the weekend :)

Mike

aczk

Postby aczk » 10 Sep 2013

Hi
Issue with getting real-time data from IB.
does that mean the volume bars problem through the IB datafeed is solved now on the volume bars can keep up!!!

Thx

CrazyNasdaq

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 10 Sep 2013

1 tick cumulative delta Up/down ticks differs from point resolution with CQG datafeed with same history chart (10 days).
Multicharts 64 bit (windows 7 64-bit)

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 12 Sep 2013

1 tick cumulative delta Up/down ticks differs from point resolution with CQG datafeed with same history chart (10 days).
Multicharts 64 bit (windows 7 64-bit)

CrazyNasdaq, what is the version and build number of your MultiCharts?
Have you tried to reload your chart?

CrazyNasdaq

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 12 Sep 2013

Last Build 7634

No changes with reload data.
The problem is only on point chart with CQG Feed ( Volume, minute, seconds are correct - see the picture attached)

Henry MultiСharts

Hi
Issue with getting real-time data from IB.
does that mean the volume bars problem through the IB datafeed is solved now on the volume bars can keep up!!! Thx
The fix is related to getting realtime price quotes from IB. Please describe the issue you have with the volume bars.

Henry MultiСharts

Here something that I just find out and I just can't figure why is this happening.
Well, I know why, it's the inability MC always had in dealing with non time based charts.
When I remove yesterday's data from the chart, it is indeed removed from minute charts but not from non time based charts.
How odd is this?
Please fix this.
This issue has been confirmed. The fix is targeted to MultiCharts 8.8 beta 1.

aczk

Postby aczk » 12 Sep 2013

For my symbol the HSI neither volume nor price are displayed correctly when compared to the IB chart. For price there is only a tick wrong here or there, but volume is simply missing large chunks! See the picture of a 3 min chart.
Volume bars and footprint ar more wrong and simply can't keep up with IB!
Attachments
HSI.png
(1.34 MiB) Downloaded 8368 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 13 Sep 2013

Last Build 7634
No changes with reload data.
The problem is only on point chart with CQG Feed ( Volume, minute, seconds are correct - see the picture attached)
This issue has been confirmed. The fix is targeted to MultiCharts 8.8 beta 1.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 13 Sep 2013

For my symbol the HSI neither volume nor price are displayed correctly when compared to the IB chart. For price there is only a tick wrong here or there, but volume is simply missing large chunks! See the picture of a 3 min chart.
Volume bars and footprint ar more wrong and simply can't keep up with IB!
Are the bars on your screenshot realtime bars or historical backfill bars?
Does the volume change after the reload?

aczk

Postby aczk » 16 Sep 2013

hi

First picture is reloaded and all same as in IB TWS. Second picture (next post) is realtime which is missing a lot of data! Whats going on here!!?!?
Attachments
HSI Reload.png
(405.89 KiB) Downloaded 8464 times

aczk

Postby aczk » 16 Sep 2013

second one
Attachments
HSI realtime.png
(439.47 KiB) Downloaded 8374 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 19 Sep 2013

hi

First picture is reloaded and all same as in IB TWS. Second picture (next post) is realtime which is missing a lot of data! Whats going on here!!?!?
aczk,

IB has confirmed that different amount of tick data (volume) is provided for third party applications compared to IB TWS:
"There have been enhancements made in the last year for TWS Time & Sales which now provides additional settings and ticks exposed to TWS that are not mapped to the API."

They have not provided any ETA when the API connection will receive the same improvements.

At the moment you can try disabling the option “Generate a new tick if Total Volume changes” in QuoteManager -> Tools Data Sources -> Interactive Brokers to get pure IB data stream, that still can be different from TWS.

If you want to force MultiCharts to get historical price and volume values from IB - you can reload the chart. But basically IB realtime minutes are not saved to the database because the bar can be different from the actual historical minute bar.
In MultiCharts realtime minutes for IB datafeed are built from ticks.
IB provides historical minute data. So MultiCharts requests the minute data from IB server next time you request this information.

piranhaxp

Postby piranhaxp » 27 Sep 2013

Any new versions in the pipeline except alpha's & beta's ? Still waiting for the fix of the trendline issues ... At least.

SP

Postby SP » 30 Sep 2013

Since friday i have some empty rows at the DOM of the NQZ3. The DOM of ES, YM and some others are correct.

I updated to the latest IB TWS (Build 940.3a, Sep 19, 2013), but that doesnt help. The TWS Booktrader shows all values.
Dom.jpg
(68.34 KiB) Downloaded 8358 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 30 Sep 2013

Any new versions in the pipeline except alpha's & beta's ? Still waiting for the fix of the trendline issues ... At least.
piranhaxp, please specify the exact issue you are referring to. There will be no new builds of MultiCharts 8.7. Next version is MultiCharts 8.8 beta 1. We are going to upload it tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 30 Sep 2013

Since friday i have some empty rows at the DOM of the NQZ3. The DOM of ES, YM and some others are correct.

I updated to the latest IB TWS (Build 940.3a, Sep 19, 2013), but that doesnt help. The TWS Booktrader shows all values.
Dom.jpg
Please come to our Live Chat Monday - Friday 6.30 am - 4 pm EST so that we can run IB API example on your end and check this behavior.

aczk

Postby aczk » 04 Dec 2013

Hi MC

Has IB fixed the live API volume data speed issue you identified above??

It is very frustrating not to have the correct live data!

Thanks

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 04 Dec 2013

Hi MC
Has IB fixed the live API volume data speed issue you identified above??
It is very frustrating not to have the correct live data!
Thanks
Hello aczk,

No progress has been made on the subject and no ETA has been provided for the improvement.
Here is the latest IB Support reply from today:
it would be advised to have the Customer submit his request directly on IB's Feature Poll page:
https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=2493
Note: The Feature Poll page is monitored directly by Development weekly.

Return to “MultiCharts”