LMax stop/target orders  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
AlphaCat

LMax stop/target orders

Postby AlphaCat » 10 Aug 2013

Hello,

is it possible to set the MC ladder/exit order strategies to use the native, server-held stop and target orders? It seems like MC manages the resulting stop/limit order locally instead of using the native contingent orders. This can be problematic in the case of a temporary loss of internet connectivity. In an extremly adverse scenario, this even has the potential to wipe out the account. Its is maybe not likely, but its a risk i'd rather not take, and could be avoided if MC would support this.

One more question: is it possible to set up MC so that all FX charts get rounded to either half or full pip prices? I can set it up in Quotemanager, but apparently this only affects the DOM ladder - but charts still get drawn in 0.1 pip precision.

Regards,
A.

TJ

Re: LMax stop/target orders

Postby TJ » 10 Aug 2013

Hello,
is it possible to set the MC ladder/exit order strategies to use the native, server-held stop and target orders? It seems like MC manages the resulting stop/limit order locally instead of using the native contingent orders. This can be problematic in the case of a temporary loss of internet connectivity. In an extremly adverse scenario, this even has the potential to wipe out the account. Its is maybe not likely, but its a risk i'd rather not take, and could be avoided if MC would support this.
One more question: is it possible to set up MC so that all FX charts get rounded to either half or full pip prices? I can set it up in Quotemanager, but apparently this only affects the DOM ladder - but charts still get drawn in 0.1 pip precision.
Regards,
A.
This might help:
Order Types
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... rder_Types

AlphaCat

Postby AlphaCat » 10 Aug 2013

TJ: thanks for the link.

Its not that the orders are not being sent to lmax, but that "normal" stop and limit orders are sent, instead of using 'native' bracket-orders that are attached to a position. Because of that, the OCO logic to cancel the remaining order when the other one is filled, relies on the MC installation on my local computer and has to be connected at all times for it to work.

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 14 Aug 2013

Hello AlphaCat,

We don't use LMAX-side OCO group on purpose. The thing is that it allows to attach orders only to other orders (not to an open position for example), only 1 stop loss and 1 profit target orders and only for forex pairs. This is not acceptable native OCO support since in MC it is possible to place multiple exit orders, apply them to open positions on chart and trade not only forex, but futures.

AlphaCat

Postby AlphaCat » 14 Aug 2013

Andrew: Ok.

One other question: Just now, i entered into a long position on the DOM, with an auto-attached stoploss-strategy. The trade went in profit, and then i entered a sell-limit on the DOM to exit the trade. Seven seconds after the sell-limit filled (now flat) MC entered a stop-buy strategy order - presumably an auto-attached Stop-Loss strategy, because MC assumed i entered into a position with the sell-limit order, when in fact i closed a position with it.

Is this by design or a bug? In my opinion a stop-loss strategy should only be auto-attached if there is an open position, since a stop-loss is a protective order by definition, and if there is nothing to protect it should not by auto-attached. MC would also resubmit the order when i canceled it manually on the broker-platform - this time as type "Entry" instead of "Exit".

Now the order-state shows up as "Saved" - what does that even mean?

Regards,
Andy

Andrew MultiCharts

AlphaCat, what is selected in File -> Preferences -> Trading -> Exit Strategies Mode?

AlphaCat

Its set to "First to Position, then to Orders". The default, i believe.

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: LMax stop/target orders  [SOLVED]

AlphaCat, please follow the next steps:
  1. Change it to "All to Positions",
  2. Close MultiCharts and all its parts,
  3. Make sure all MC processes are closed,
  4. Restart MC and in with the "All to Positions" mode you should not have any overfill, meaning if a positions closed, all attached exit orders should be cancelled.

Andrew MultiCharts

To learn more about "Saved" status, please read this.

AlphaCat

Andrew: thanks

Return to “MultiCharts”