IQ Feed does not update realtime after regular trading hours

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
trader39

IQ Feed does not update realtime after regular trading hours

Postby trader39 » 18 Oct 2007

IQ Feed does not update in real time after regular trading hours (for example after 4:00 PM eastern time for US stocks). Instead the charts post the 4:00PM close repeatedly during the after hours trading period. When the chart is reloaded, the correct data is secured from the history server but of course this is of no help for real time trading. Setting the stock for 24 hour trading or changing the trading hours in quote manager makes no difference. The same problem is present before the regular 9:30AM market open as well.

Can this issue be fixed? I would think they would be happy to work with you if the issue is an API problem, since their business is focused on supporting third party vendors like yourselves.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 18 Oct 2007

Hello,

Could you please send us the logs after the quotes stop coming?

Also, what time exactly do the quotes stop coming?

Thank you.

trader39

The quotes do not stop coming. Rather the closing print is just repeated over and over again as if it is a new quote. Numerous repetitions of the closing quote are then saved in quote manager until the chart is reloaded, at which time the correct after hours quotes are subsitituted from the hostory server. This starts at the regular session close at 4:00PM eastern US time.

Given this, I am not sure what the logs will show you, but if you still think they will help, let me know what logs to collect and the best way to send them to you.

Marina Pashkova

Hi,

In that situation we still need the logs.

So the exact time when these 'repeat quotes' start coming is 4:00 pm EST?

trader39

Yes that is correct. It is especially obvious on a high volume stock such as GOOG which is reporting earnings tonight. What is the best procedure for sending you logs? What log files do you need?

Marina Pashkova

The logs we'll need are located in Start -> Programs -> MultiCharts -> Logs -> tsServer. Could you please archive the tsServer folder and e-mail it to mpashkova@tssupport.com

Thank you.

trader39

Fine. Hopefully I can get some to you by tomorrow.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 19 Oct 2007

Hello,

Thank you for the logs. I will e-mail you the results.

Return to “MultiCharts”