quick way to change symbol on multiple charts

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Kaos

quick way to change symbol on multiple charts

Postby Kaos » 24 Oct 2007

Hi there,

I have two charts open in the same workspace - one weekly and one daily

I use the command line to change symbols
* click weekly chart, click command line, type in symbol and then press enter
* click daily chart, click command line, type in symbol and then press enter

TS 2000i had a feature where I would type "global AAA" and it would change all charts in the workspace to the symbol AAA

Does multicharts have this functionality?

Regards,
Paul

PS instead of typing in global it would be much better if I could click an icon that would tell multicharts that when I typed in a symbol multicharts knows to change all charts in the workspace to that symbol - It would save typing global many times each day
:)

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 24 Oct 2007

There is a functionality enabling you to change the symbol for all the charts within the same workspace (the current charts should be from the same provider).

You can connect symbols in all the charts. After that whenever you change the symbol in one of those the rest will be changed as well.

To connect symbols, click S in the status line and choose a colour from the drop-down list. Repeat the operation for all the charts that you want to be linked (choosing the same colour for all of them).

Kaos

Postby Kaos » 24 Oct 2007

Hi Marina,

Thanks heaps, found the function straight away I also noticed the "R" where I can change the all the charts compression settings .... Thanks for the help

Regards,
Paul

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 25 Oct 2007

Hi Paul,

I'm glad I was able to help you. If you have any questions again just let us know.

Regards.

Return to “MultiCharts”