Why don't you move the databases folder into the MC/OD's ...

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
2haerim

Why don't you move the databases folder into the MC/OD's ...

Postby 2haerim » 25 Oct 2007

I know OD and MC shared QM in the past. But now they are supposed to share anything at all as far as I know. Both OD/MC have their own QM. It's clear that I see different version # when I run QM from both OD/MC. One is 2.5.984.804(This should be fixed to 2.6.984.804!!!) and the other is 2.1.999.999.

If that's correct, I suggest to move the databases folder into MC/OD's own folder rather than placing them somewhere distant from the installation folder. Currently, they are placed under C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\TS Support\MultiCharts\Databases\ and C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\TS Support\OwnData2\Databases\. I suggest they be placed under MC/OD's own installation foder. For example, C:\Program Files\TS Support\MultiCharts\Databases\ and C:\Program Files\TS Support\OwnData2\Databases\. Isn't this more simple and natural place?

Databases scattered distant from the installation folder doesn't look good to me if they are not related to any other programs at all. When for some reasons, databases backup is necessary, we would have to search the distant folder which normally we don't know where they are hidden at all.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 29 Oct 2007

Dear HaeRim,

Your suggestion will be considered and we will post the results.

Regards.

Return to “MultiCharts”