IQfeed New DLL dosnt work

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
itai007

IQfeed New DLL dosnt work

Postby itai007 » 23 Nov 2007

you posted an updated DLL for the IQfeed.

First , I cant move into the folder you mention. It will not let you over write
second , I try to rename the exisiting dll and then I move the new one. This makes MC not identify the IQfeed any more.
Third : I delete the new file from the datafeed folder and rename the old file again to the right name.
now the IQfeed works but it still has all the old problems

Now what ?
Attachments
IQfeed_DLL_MC.GIF
cant move or over write
(164.43 KiB) Downloaded 567 times

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 26 Nov 2007

Hi,

The file you dowloaded was an old dll. Attached, please find the new dll.

Also, after you unzip the file, try copying it into the specified folder instead of moving it.

If you have any problems doing it, please contact us through LiveChat http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html and our customer support representatives will help you online.

Best regards
Attachments
tsIQDataFeed.zip
(357.06 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
Last edited by Marina Pashkova on 19 Dec 2007, edited 1 time in total.

itai007

New file didnt fix anything. IQfeed still not working!

Postby itai007 » 01 Dec 2007

try looking up
Dax future or mini SP500.
(xgz7 , @esz7)
Try looking for indexs (you forgot puting a TAB for indexes!).

also , if you look for the futures I mention up here , youll notice that you are getting options instead.

When is the DTN feed be available for MC customer?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 03 Dec 2007

Dear itai 007,

We didn't 'forget' to put a tab for indexes. IQFeed API only allows the following lookup for three categories because they only have 3 API mentods:
LookupEquitySymbol - Stock
LookupOptionSymbol - Option
LookupFutureSymbol - Future

We have just realized the potential that the datafeed's API provides. There's no way we can implement something that's not provided by IQFeed's API.

Indexes must be looked up on the Stock tab.

Lookup For Dax future or mini SP500 on the Future tab returns a list of options - if you have chosen search by description.

Once again, it's not because we 'forgot' or 'underimplemented' something, but because that's the way IQFeed data works and there's nothing that can be done about it on our end.

You can add symbols manually to avoid the problems because of the way IQFeed handles Lookup.

itai007

How to DTN API

Postby itai007 » 07 Dec 2007

First my apologize. I didnt mean to sound the way it came out.
I thought you forgot the tab as it seemed so natural you did ... I know understand this is not the case. sorry.
You need to make it clear for users why things are the way they are especialy if they are diferent.

Can you know explain exactly how to add CME future and Eurex futures using DTN so I can use MC with this feed ?
If there is a way to get Indexes also please explain hot to ?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 10 Dec 2007

Hi itai007,

You are right, we should provide more explanations about how everything in MultiCharts works. We are now working to expand MC Help and improve its quality. Hopefully, when the new variant of Help is finished it will be a lot easier to find the required information and avoid confusion.

Regarding, CME and Eurex futures from IQFeed:

1. Eurex. Eurex futures must be added manually (for some reason IQFeed does not return a symbol list for this exchange).
In QuoteManager, go to Symbol -> Add Symbol -> Manually. In the dialogue window, choose the datafeed, type in the symbol name, choose its category and exchange. Click ok. In the next pop-up window, type in Symbol root and make sure all the settings are correct.
All the futures for Eurex, with their roots and descriptions can be found here: http://www.iqfeed.net/symbolguide/index ... type=eurex

2. CME. For this exchange, IQFeed returns a symbol list, so the CME symbols can be added from a DataSource. Just choose the Future tab and type in the symbol or symbol root (with or without prefix @). A list of symbols will be returned.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Best regards.
Last edited by Marina Pashkova on 19 Dec 2007, edited 2 times in total.

itai007

thank you for the help issue solved

Postby itai007 » 11 Dec 2007

looking forward for the new help file/manual ...

thanks for all.

regards

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 12 Dec 2007

You're welcome.

Meanwhile, if you have any questions about MultiCharts we will be happy to answer them.

Regards.

Return to “MultiCharts”