gv from one signal on multiple sender charts to one receiver

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
rtrader

gv from one signal on multiple sender charts to one receiver

Postby rtrader » 21 Aug 2013

Hi,

the goal is to be able to use one generic signal on multiple charts and symbols and have the pnl being outputted from each chart via GV to be picked up in one master chart with a symbol.

So, if we were to define a chart uniquely: it would be symbol name+exchange name+strategyname+barinterval+aiappid.
We use aiappid as well as we may have on another chart the exact symbol name+exchange name+strategyname+barinterval but with different parameters in the input to the generic signal.

What else is unique to each chart that can be used to define it uniquely, other then aiappid? is there anything else i missed here that can be used?

we're trying to create a unique key using aiappid and gvset for each sender chart but of course we cant retrieve with gvget and aiappid on the receiver chart as aiappid is a different value, unique to the receiver chart.

The one generic signal that we apply to multiple charts have a GV block such:

Code: Select all

if lastbarochart begin

SMA_open = GVSetNamedDouble(text(getsymbolname,"_",
getexchangename,"_",
getstrategyname,"_",
barinterval:0:0,"_open_",
getappinfo(aiappid):0:0), Open_pnl) ;
end;
How can we retrieve the above open pnl's from each say 10 sender charts when the generic signal is applied to each of those 10 charts when applied to one receiver chart?

an example would be most helpful.

many thanks in advance to forum members for assisting with this.

piranhaxp

Re: gv from one signal on multiple sender charts to one rece

Postby piranhaxp » 22 Aug 2013

Check a workaround of an "index" build with ELCollections instead of GV.

rtrader

Re: gv from one signal on multiple sender charts to one rece

Postby rtrader » 23 Aug 2013

thanks for response, i will look into elc list.
but does anyone know how this can be achieved using gv only, if at all, as i would like to keep it cross application compatible as possible.

Return to “MultiCharts”