Playback question  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
mu2pilot

Playback question

Postby mu2pilot » 22 Aug 2013

I am considering the purchase of MultiCharts mainly to do some backtesting of trading ideas I have. I need to be able to playback historical, intra-day data. For example, I would like to playback the Emini futures contract six months ago. Is that possible with Multi-Charts? If so, where is the historical data available? I would like to be able to view 2 different time-frames, like a 5 minute bar chart and a hourly bar chart and play it back, pause it, etc.

Can Multi-Charts do this?

TIA.

mu2pilot

TJ

Re: Playback question  [SOLVED]

Postby TJ » 22 Aug 2013

I am considering the purchase of MultiCharts mainly to do some backtesting of trading ideas I have. I need to be able to playback historical, intra-day data. For example, I would like to playback the Emini futures contract six months ago. Is that possible with Multi-Charts? If so, where is the historical data available? I would like to be able to view 2 different time-frames, like a 5 minute bar chart and a hourly bar chart and play it back, pause it, etc.
Can Multi-Charts do this?
TIA.
mu2pilot
MultiCharts can do the playback you described.

MultiCharts is a charting program; you supply the data you want to see.
You can either get the data from your broker, or subscribe to a data service. Different companies offer different length of back history available to their clients.

The data companies you can check out are eSignal, IQFeed, etc.,

Return to “MultiCharts”