MC 8.7 Build 7633 add-on issue

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
piranhaxp

MC 8.7 Build 7633 add-on issue

Postby piranhaxp » 23 Aug 2013

I am sharing a video of a bug which is, I'm sorry to say that, already known since the version when subscription for any studies were implemented.

This video shows how stuck user is who may took a break from MC. He had his old subscriptions in the past and made some chart templates of studies with all these subscribed studies and thought to save worksheets is not necessary, because he has his old templates. He saved all of them and went away. His subscriptions already finished. Imagine, after 6 months or so he installed MC, made his configurations of the charts and so on, imported his old templates and set them to start with a new chart. He is and was not aware of his subscriptions.

Here is a video showing the issue : http://ubuntuone.com/17QuNubBTMqmcFcaLMkBsH

Thank you

Henry MultiСharts

Re: MC 8.7 Build 7633 add-on issue

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 Aug 2013

Hello piranhaxp,

Thank you for your feedback. I have forwarded your comments to our developers. We are going to improve the add-on authorization handling in one of the future versions of MultiCharts.

If you do not have the password from your studies and you need to avoid the appearance of the authorization dialogue window - you can export these studies into a sef file (PowerLanguage editor->Export read only), then delete them from PowerLanguage editor and start MultiCharts.
If a study or a study template will be added to a chart - only the red alert window will appear stating that the study is missing.

piranhaxp

Re: MC 8.7 Build 7633 add-on issue

Postby piranhaxp » 01 Sep 2013

Thx a lot Henry for forwarding this issue .

Regards.

Mike

Return to “MultiCharts”