Plot data in future  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
waveslider

Plot data in future

Postby waveslider » 08 Sep 2013

Hello -
I have a data file that shows data in the future. I am able to import it successfully, but can only plot up to the current date. How can I show the plots beyond the current date?
thanks

bowlesj3

Re: Plot data in future

Postby bowlesj3 » 10 Sep 2013

I put lines and text out front of the current bar (I do it with 60 minute bars right down to 10 second bars). You could put text boxes with asterisk in them (I do that). You would just put them out on every bar out front (if you want up until MaxBarsForward). Of course you have to have your right space set to bars rather than percentage so the MaxBarsForward will be correct.

I was going to say you could use showme dots. I have not used those in over 6 years (replacing them with text that has a number or letter in it). I think showme dots are a plot so I think you would have to use the asterisk idea instead. You would likely want to set the font of that text with the asterisk very small.

waveslider

Re: Plot data in future

Postby waveslider » 10 Sep 2013

Thanks for the answer. In truth this is so that I can plot my local tides in Multicharts - I'm also planning to input wave buoys and wind station readings!
So I have the data going a year ahead reading from an .CSV file, but the chart won't update and it won't plot future data.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Plot data in future  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 19 Sep 2013

Hello -
I have a data file that shows data in the future. I am able to import it successfully, but can only plot up to the current date. How can I show the plots beyond the current date?
thanks
Hello waveslider,

There is no way to plot data with future timestamps on a chart.

Return to “MultiCharts”