Vote - Quick Order Entry Customizable Icons

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
manualtrader

Vote - Quick Order Entry Customizable Icons

Postby manualtrader » 12 Sep 2013

As manual Chart Traders, we really like to have a feature to enter order quickly. The other trading platform has a third party add-on, it works very well.

1. Breakout Trader: if you expect market goes up, just click a button "Buy High", once previous bar high breaks, your order will be automatically entered. "Sell Low" button is the reverse.

2. Click Trader: hold SHIFT key, and click on the chart to buy (limit, stop, stoplimit); hold "CONTROL" key, and click on the chart to sell.

I hope MC can consider this feature, since there are lots of beginners, they don't know how to program to trade, they are anxious for this to do manual trading efficiently.
Attachments
BO Trader.jpg
(11.15 KiB) Downloaded 800 times
Last edited by manualtrader on 17 Sep 2013, edited 1 time in total.

manualtrader

Re: Advice - Quick order entry for Chart Traders

Postby manualtrader » 16 Sep 2013

Hello MC users,

Looks like no one interested in quick order entry tools. Then could you please give me some advice on how to enter order quickly from chart?

I trade from tick chart and enter order manually, once I see a signal bar, I will enter a stop order 1 tick above/below the signal bar, sometimes, the market moves very quick, when I right click or drag the orders, market already moved away several ticks from the signal bar high/low, then I missed the trade. I tried hotkey to enter order, but I don't know how far the price away from the high/low of signal bar when the order received by exchange, so always hesitate.

Thank you so much for your advice in advance.

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 16 Sep 2013

After you manually enter a trade , have you tried the "Bracket Orders" Icon to set the profit target and stop ? You can have it automatically attach to an order, when you enter the market.
Right click on the bracket orders icon and edit the settings... I use it often.. works great.

manualtrader

Postby manualtrader » 16 Sep 2013

Thank you sptrader.

I want to quickly enter an order, not trade management after trade entry. For instance, if I see a strong bull bar, I want to enter a stop order 1 tick above the high of this signal bar, how do you recommend to enter quickly without missing the trade? Thanks.

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 17 Sep 2013

Thank you sptrader.

I want to quickly enter an order, not trade management after trade entry. For instance, if I see a strong bull bar, I want to enter a stop order 1 tick above the high of this signal bar, how do you recommend to enter quickly without missing the trade? Thanks.
I think what you want, would be a few "customizable icons" where you could select a variety of entry options, such as "buy at bar high + x number of ticks" or "sell at bar Low - x number of ticks" from an icon edit menu.... they have plenty of room for it on the chart trader menu..
You could submit that as a suggestion....I'd vote for it...

manualtrader

Postby manualtrader » 17 Sep 2013

I think what you want, would be a few "customizable icons" where you could select a variety of entry options, such as "buy at bar high + x number of ticks" or "sell at bar Low - x number of ticks" from an icon edit menu.... they have plenty of room for it on the chart trader menu..
You could submit that as a suggestion....I'd vote for it...
Thank you sptrader for making this clear, this is what Chart Traders like to have for quickly order entry with trend. Could you please let me know how to submit the suggestion? Or you can help me to put in a suggestion. Thanks a lot.

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 17 Sep 2013

Here is the location for suggesting new features...

https://www.multicharts.com/pm/

manualtrader

Quick Order Entry Customizable Icons

Postby manualtrader » 17 Sep 2013

Quick Order Entry Customizable Icons suggestion was submitted, please vote here:
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1460
it will be a great tool for order entry efficiently, you don't need to wait the bar close to send the order in, you don't need to hold your mouse waiting for dragging or clicking, you just double click the icon and wait for the trade to be developed by itself - a relaxing way to trade.
Thank you all for reviewing.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Vote - Quick Order Entry Customizable Icons

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 26 Sep 2013

manualtrader, thank you for your suggestion. That is already possible to create custom trading buttons on the chart in MultiCharts .Net. You can check the prebuilt code _ChartToolBar_Trading_
Unfortunately such functionality is not available in MultiCharts with PowerLanguage.

Return to “MultiCharts”