Multi data serios behavior  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
MAtricks

Multi data serios behavior

Postby MAtricks » 25 Sep 2013

I have 2 data streams currently. Both are Gold futures. I'd like to switch them both to the Euro futures. However, I get one of MC's silly alerts before I can accomplish the task. Ironically the alert is telling me that I need to do what I want to do yet I cannot do it because of the alert telling me to do it :)

Attachments
2_data_bug.png
(36.26 KiB) Downloaded 745 times

ABC

Re: Multi data bug

Postby ABC » 25 Sep 2013

You probably have to set up a new chart. If someone knows how to do that with an existing chart, I'd love to know how to do it, too.

TJ

Postby TJ » 25 Sep 2013

you have to make a Study Template first,
next create your chart with the data serieses,
then apply the template.

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 25 Sep 2013

Thanks for the workarounds. I have those... I just thought it would be a nice thing to change?

ABC

Postby ABC » 25 Sep 2013

Thanks for the workarounds. I have those... I just thought it would be a nice thing to change?
I agree, I would be great if the error would be triggered only if you try closing the main format symbols window and have mixed time zones. But as MC already starts with pulling data etc as soon as you close the format for one symbol, this might need to many changes.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Multi data bug  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 02 Oct 2013

I have 2 data streams currently. Both are Gold futures. I'd like to switch them both to the Euro futures. However, I get one of MC's silly alerts before I can accomplish the task. Ironically the alert is telling me that I need to do what I want to do yet I cannot do it because of the alert telling me to do it :)
In MultiCharts 8.8 beta 1 when you change time zone of one instrument on a chart, the other instruments on a chart will have time zone changed as well. So as your instruments are from different timezones - you need to select the Local timezone when you change one of the intsruments, and the second instrument will have the timezone changed too.

MAtricks

Re: Multi data serios behavior

Postby MAtricks » 02 Oct 2013

Thank you Henry :)

Return to “MultiCharts”