Positioning a chart at a date and time via program control  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

Positioning a chart at a date and time via program control

Postby bowlesj3 » 28 Sep 2013

Martin got me thinking about a method to center charts in difference work spaces and different MC instances on the same machine. I realized this would not be possible unless there is a command in MC that could be executed via program control to center a chart at a specific date and time (also to be able to position that date and time to the right or left side of the chart with a parameter for the number of bars in from that side that the date and time would appear).

I have not been keeping up on all the latest and greatest commands MC has for about 2 years now. Is there such a centering command or has anyone created a request for one. I ask because, if there is such a command, a script could be written that runs on all charts such that if the user moves a vertical line to a specific location it could be programmed such that all charts on all work spaces or instances also move to that location (or select ones only as per program control). The copies of the script in all charts would be testing for the location of all the lines and if any one line was moved that script would move the line on that chart and trigger the command to center that chart. The code would be a touch tricky with different bar sizes but for sure it could be done.

Dru

Re: Positioning a chart at a date and time via program contr  [SOLVED]

Postby Dru » 01 Oct 2013

Martin got me thinking about a method to center charts in difference work spaces and different MC instances on the same machine.
Look on ScrollToBar

arjfca

Re: Positioning a chart at a date and time via program contr

Postby arjfca » 01 Oct 2013

Martin got me thinking about a method to center charts in difference work spaces and different MC instances on the same machine.
Look on ScrollToBar
Thank you Dru

Martin

Return to “MultiCharts”