Pieces of historical data are missing  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
argos_888

Pieces of historical data are missing

Postby argos_888 » 04 Oct 2013

I've opened a chart today for EURUSD 5 min. I'm using Interactive Brokers data feed. I didn't open this kind of chart since Sept. 25th so I expected that all prices will be backfilled starting from that date and until today. However, the chart is completely missing data for Oct. 1 and Oct. 3 and shows some weird gaps instead. If I open the same chart in my TWS platform it has all this data.
I tried to clean the cache, delete EURUSD data in the Quote Manager and then reopen the chart. It didn't help. How can I fix this problem?
Attachments
MultiCharts2.png
These gaps should not be there
(18.9 KiB) Downloaded 484 times

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: Pieces of historical data are missing  [SOLVED]

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 04 Oct 2013

Hello Argos_888,

Please read this article, it covers the majority of cases.

seneca

Re: Pieces of historical data are missing

Postby seneca » 10 Oct 2013

argos_888,

May I ask what was causing this issue and how you resolved it?

Thanks.

argos_888

Postby argos_888 » 10 Oct 2013

The reason was #1 from the article that is mentioned in the previous post.
...please check the following settings:
1. The software is in Online mode and Download Missing Historical Data box is checked

I didn't have the box checked. I think it becomes unchecked when I switch between Online and Offline modes back and force. So I just checked the box and everything went fine. If this is your issue you may also need to refresh data on your chart ("View->Reload->Reload All Data" from the MultiCharts main menu).

seneca

Postby seneca » 10 Oct 2013

The reason was #1 from the article that is mentioned in the previous post.
...please check the following settings:
1. The software is in Online mode and Download Missing Historical Data box is checked

I didn't have the box checked. I think it becomes unchecked when I switch between Online and Offline modes back and force. So I just checked the box and everything went fine. If this is your issue you may also need to refresh data on your chart ("View->Reload->Reload All Data" from the MultiCharts main menu).
Right. So in your case it was not a technical issue as it is most likely at my end after updating to the recent beta version. I just asked since the symptoms are quite similar.

Return to “MultiCharts”