Request IB CFD Market Data

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
ctu1121

Request IB CFD Market Data

Postby ctu1121 » 16 Oct 2013

Hi there,
I use MultiCharts with IB as broker to trade. I can request DIA stock market data on chart and I could insert to trade automatically.

However, while I am trying to request DIA CFD market data on chart, I see "no data" information. I can not see chart, so I can not trade.

Please advise how could I request CFD market data on chart. Thanks!

arjfca

Re: Request IB CFD Market Data

Postby arjfca » 17 Oct 2013

Hi there,
I use MultiCharts with IB as broker to trade. I can request DIA stock market data on chart and I could insert to trade automatically.

However, while I am trying to request DIA CFD market data on chart, I see "no data" information. I can not see chart, so I can not trade.

You may need to apply to IB to get those data. Go on IB site and look for it. Have a chat with IB services using the link on your TWS toolbar.

You may have to pay for these quotes

Martin

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 17 Oct 2013

Do you see the 'no data' message only in MC or also in TWS?

See the site of InteractiveBrokers for market data requirements:
Are there any market data requirements?

The market data for IB Share CFDs is the market data for the underlying shares. It is therefore necessary to have market data permissions for the relevant exchanges. If you already have set up market data permissions for an exchange for trading the shares, you do not need to do anything. If you want to trade CFDs on an exchange for which you do not currently have market data permissions, you can set up the permissions in the same way as you would if you planned to trade the underlying shares.
Source.

evdl

Postby evdl » 17 Oct 2013

Return to “MultiCharts”