MULTICHARTS 8.8 BETA 2

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
admin

MULTICHARTS 8.8 BETA 2

Postby admin » 18 Oct 2013

MultiCharts 8.8 Beta 2 is mainly a bug fixing version with one new feature – ability to fill in data gaps automatically (without a manual reload) after a disconnect. Also, Playback behavior was slightly corrected. Read below for more!

Make sure you ask our support if you have any questions.

Learn more

tcat

Re: MULTICHARTS 8.8 BETA 2

Postby tcat » 18 Oct 2013

Beta 2:
1) Download page indicates a file size of 103.8 MB for 64 bits. Actual file size is 99 MB.
2) Upon installation, a number of indicators are still not compiled. Alex from support told me the issue was known, where is the fix?
3) Data window is blank

Thierry
Attachments
MC8.7b2.png
Blank data window
(60.51 KiB) Downloaded 3435 times
Last edited by tcat on 20 Oct 2013, edited 1 time in total.

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 19 Oct 2013

MultiCharts 8.8 Beta 2 is mainly a bug fixing version with one new feature – ability to fill in data gaps automatically (without a manual reload) after a disconnect. Also, Playback behavior was slightly corrected. Read below for more!

Make sure you ask our support if you have any questions.

Learn more
Many thanks for this new feature, I hope this functionality has option to turn it off at users discretion - I don't think one wants to activate it with auto trade mode on.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 21 Oct 2013

Beta 2:
1) Download page indicates a file size of 103.8 MB for 64 bits. Actual file size is 99 MB.
2) Upon installation, a number of indicators are still not compiled. Alex from support told me the issue was known, where is the fix?
3) Data window is blank

Thierry
Hello Thierry,

Let me address your questions in order.

1) This has been fixed. Thank you for reporting.

2) The behavior that Alex was referring to concerned functions. Functions not used in any study are not compiled until you reference them in a signal or an indicator. This is normal behavior. Please let me us know if you are experiencing a different issue.

3) Data window is blank until you put your cursor on any bar on one of the charts. This is normal behavior.

tcat

Postby tcat » 21 Oct 2013

Hello Dave,

Regarding your answers:
1) Ok.
2) I started noticing uncompiled "things" with 8.5, but I can't say for sure whether those are functions related or not. I'll figure out next time.
3) Yes but no. The issue I was refering to was having a permanent blank window regardless of selection. I setup 8.7b2 on Friday evening and experienced this behaviour when looking at MC (which had stays opened) on Sunday. Should have included the second snapshot to prevent this feedback.
Attachments
MC8.7b2_2.png
This one actually.
(52.01 KiB) Downloaded 3411 times
MC8.7b2.png
Blank data window with selected feed
(60.51 KiB) Downloaded 3407 times

swz168

Postby swz168 » 21 Oct 2013

Finally I can get rid of MS Office. Deinstalled it immediately, when I saw savin reports is now possible with Openoffice.

Thanks to Multicharts team.

One request though:

When I want to save a report, MS Excel is selected as default, so every time I have to change the format to ODS manually. So quite annoying.

Please allow us to set a default file type and/or remember the last selection across Multicharts. Thanks!

hilbert

Postby hilbert » 22 Oct 2013

I would like to continue to use Excel for saving performance report. In 8.8, Is it still not possible to select just some pages from the performance report, rather than export the FULL performance report? MC team - can you please clarify this point.

Exporting the full performance report with all the graphs etc. takes an inordinate amount of time.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 22 Oct 2013

Finally I can get rid of MS Office. Deinstalled it immediately, when I saw savin reports is now possible with Openoffice.
Thanks to Multicharts team.
One request though:
When I want to save a report, MS Excel is selected as default, so every time I have to change the format to ODS manually. So quite annoying.
Please allow us to set a default file type and/or remember the last selection across Multicharts. Thanks!
swz168, thank you for your suggestion. All feature requests are forwarded to the management of the company and are evaluated in a timely manner. Please note that even though we value your opinion not all requests can be implemented due to the fact that some features do not fit into our current roadmap.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 22 Oct 2013

I would like to continue to use Excel for saving performance report. In 8.8, Is it still not possible to select just some pages from the performance report, rather than export the FULL performance report? MC team - can you please clarify this point.

Exporting the full performance report with all the graphs etc. takes an inordinate amount of time.
Unfortunately at the moment there is no way to save a segment of the report. Only the whole report can be exported in one go.
Please vote for the corresponding feature request in our Project Management system if you want to have this functionality added in the future:
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1100

arnie

Postby arnie » 24 Oct 2013

Beta 2 is still from time to time showing lack of data.
Is this an MC issue or an IB issue?

Regards.
Attachments
DOM_lack.png
(31.52 KiB) Downloaded 4234 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 24 Oct 2013

Beta 2 is still from time to time showing lack of data.
Is this an MC issue or an IB issue?
Regards.
We are working on this issue together with IB at the moment.

momentum

Postby momentum » 27 Oct 2013

I'm only getting 30 days of tick related data (renko, point) for ES even though I have 99 days as the lookbacks with all 3 different data feed providers. I upgraded from 8.7 and had more than 6 months in the database. Loading a similar chart in TS brings in the correct days back chart.

RESOLUTION: I save my workspaces in Dropbox so I reloaded the same workspace in v8.7 on a different PC. The full 222 days was loaded. I resaved file and then exited. I then reopened the workspace in the 8.8 beta2 on my origanl PC and it cause a database rebuild and then the 222 days were loaded into the chart on v8.8beta2

Can't be sure whether this was a local problem or a bug.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 28 Oct 2013

I'm only getting 30 days of tick related data (renko, point) for ES even though I have 99 days as the lookbacks with all 3 different data feed providers. I upgraded from 8.7 and had more than 6 months in the database. Loading a similar chart in TS brings in the correct days back chart.

RESOLUTION: I save my workspaces in Dropbox so I reloaded the same workspace in v8.7 on a different PC. The full 222 days was loaded. I resaved file and then exited. I then reopened the workspace in the 8.8 beta2 on my origanl PC and it cause a database rebuild and then the 222 days were loaded into the chart on v8.8beta2

Can't be sure whether this was a local problem or a bug.
Hello momentum,

If the data was loaded fine with the new workspace then the data range on your old chart was set incorrectly.

jl12

Postby jl12 » 31 Oct 2013

When opening or format instruments, the dialog window sometimes goes behind a pinned window, MC is then locked waiting for a response and everything is frozen.

This window should have an always on top priority.

The result is that it is necessary to close MC.

Is there any way to access or close the window without closing MC

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 01 Nov 2013

When opening or format instruments, the dialog window sometimes goes behind a pinned window, MC is then locked waiting for a response and everything is frozen.

Hello jl12,

Please press Esc to close the Format Instruments window. We will make modal windows to stay always on top in one of the next versions.

SP

Postby SP » 03 Nov 2013

Deleting a trendline created with TL_New_bn and deleted with TL_delete sometimes deletes trendlines created by another indicators. This could cause the other indicator turning the status to off with the error message " Study is missing Data -1. Please setup your chart data."

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 04 Nov 2013

Deleting a trendline created with TL_New_bn and deleted with TL_delete sometimes deletes trendlines created by another indicators. This could cause the other indicator turning the status to off with the error message " Study is missing Data -1. Please setup your chart data."
Hello SP,

Please create sample studies that will replicate this behavior and send me (support@multicharts.com) the following information for further investigation:
- workspace you are using;
- in QuoteManager select the symbol you are using, make a right click on it->Export data->Export instrument (with data). Send me the Qmd export file for analysis;
- in PowerLanguage editor->File->Export->export with dependent functions the studies you are using in the workspaces you are providing. Send me the study export file.
- please attach a detailed issue description with screenshots or video.

tk993

Postby tk993 » 04 Nov 2013

Not sure this is the place with it. Main feature I'm enjoying is that you got the continuous charts to work with OpenECry.

I do have a few feature requests. It would be nice to get a few more drawing tools. One that I definitely want is a "Horizontal Ray." I don't necessarily want my price level to extend to the left, but I also don't want to have to worry about my trend-line being exactly horizontal. So the ability to not have the price level extend to the left (or past), would be great and I assume it wouldn't be that hard to add.

Also, this one is probably more complicated, but the channel drawing could use some enhancements. I use ToS in addition to multicharts, and the features on their channel drawing are much better. Currently you have the option to add reflections (and that's nice), but it would be nice if we could add a 25% 50% and 75% retracement to the channel.

Thanks for all the work you guys do.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 05 Nov 2013

I do have a few feature requests. It would be nice to get a few more drawing tools. One that I definitely want is a "Horizontal Ray." I don't necessarily want my price level to extend to the left, but I also don't want to have to worry about my trend-line being exactly horizontal. So the ability to not have the price level extend to the left (or past), would be great and I assume it wouldn't be that hard to add.
Please do the following: Use Trend line drawing. Hold down Ctrl key on your keyboard and draw a horizontal or vertial trendline. Right click on your drawing->Format Trend line->Style->Extend->select the extension direction.
Also, this one is probably more complicated, but the channel drawing could use some enhancements. I use ToS in addition to multicharts, and the features on their channel drawing are much better. Currently you have the option to add reflections (and that's nice), but it would be nice if we could add a 25% 50% and 75% retracement to the channel.
Thanks for all the work you guys do.
Thank you for your suggestion. Please vote for the corresponding feature request: MC-1072

All feature requests are forwarded to the management of the company and are evaluated in a timely manner. Please note that even though we value your opinion not all requests can be implemented due to the fact that some features do not fit into our current roadmap.

tk993

Postby tk993 » 05 Nov 2013

Please do the following: Use Trend line drawing. Hold down Ctrl key on your keyboard and draw a horizontal or vertial trendline. Right click on your drawing->Format Trend line->Style->Extend->select the extension direction.
That works as far as drawing horizontal lines, but it lacks the "label" feature that the price level has.

The vote feature is neat.

arnie

Postby arnie » 05 Nov 2013

Here's something that you guys need to address.

I have 2 data series, a 2 min and a 30 min.
The 2 min address the moves inside each 30min bracket and the 30min is giving the VPOC for each 30min (yellow rectangle).

The problem is that each time a new 2min bar is made the 30min VPOC rectangle shifts to the right. Only at the first 2min bar of the new 30min bracket the VPOC shifts back to its correct place.

Very, very annoying seeing on each 2min bar the VPOC moving, getting out of their correct 30min reading.

I understand the reason this is happening, 2min bars are being built inside the 30min bar so the 30min bar moves to the right on each new 2 min bar but there should be a way to stop this shift.

Here's a video showing the last 2 min of a 30min bracket where you can see how the VPOC shift to its correct place, to the left, after being shifting to the right.

http://www.screencast.com/t/sU8apvwj

This is one of the reasons I don't use developing VPOC because I prefer to use 30min readings but this shift effect messes the chart reading.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 06 Nov 2013

Here's something that you guys need to address.

I have 2 data series, a 2 min and a 30 min.
The 2 min address the moves inside each 30min bracket and the 30min is giving the VPOC for each 30min (yellow rectangle).

The problem is that each time a new 2min bar is made the 30min VPOC rectangle shifts to the right. Only at the first 2min bar of the new 30min bracket the VPOC shifts back to its correct place.

Very, very annoying seeing on each 2min bar the VPOC moving, getting out of their correct 30min reading.

I understand the reason this is happening, 2min bars are being built inside the 30min bar so the 30min bar moves to the right on each new 2 min bar but there should be a way to stop this shift.

Here's a video showing the last 2 min of a 30min bracket where you can see how the VPOC shift to its correct place, to the left, after being shifting to the right.

http://www.screencast.com/t/sU8apvwj

This is one of the reasons I don't use developing VPOC because I prefer to use 30min readings but this shift effect messes the chart reading.
Hello arnie,

The issue has been confirmed and added to our fix list. Thank you for reporting.

MC_Prog

Postby MC_Prog » 07 Nov 2013

Hi.

I'm very pleased to see the new Desktop features in MC 8.8. For me they are working well so far, and having them is very helpful.

I do have a question: Is it possible somewhere to set the name of the initial desktop that you would like MC to open by default? If not, I think this would be a helpful minor enhancement to make.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 07 Nov 2013

Hello MC_Prog,

You can double click on the .mcd file to start a new instance/desktop with your settings.
If you want a desktop to be opened when you double click on MultiCharts icon - you add a command line parameter for the shortcut.

yeps

Postby yeps » 07 Nov 2013

Is it a known bug or behavior that you can't move a target order that has been partially filled? I was trading stocks when this just happened.

Also, when you place the target order and write in the target level the insert function is activated so have to write one number at a time and use the arrow buttons!

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 07 Nov 2013

Is it a known bug or behavior that you can't move a target order that has been partially filled? I was trading stocks when this just happened.
Hello yeps,

That is expected behavior. If you change the price of the partially filled order then the order can be filled for a greater number of contracts than it should.
Also, when you place the target order and write in the target level the insert function is activated so have to write one number at a time and use the arrow buttons!
This issue will be resovled in MultiCharts 9.0 Beta 1

jl12

Postby jl12 » 08 Nov 2013

Hello jl12,

Please press Esc to close the Format Instruments window. We will make modal windows to stay always on top in one of the next versions.

In these circumstances escape does not work

jl12

Postby jl12 » 08 Nov 2013

For a couple of days now following the US open and fast markets I have had to close MC as my dde links all froze.

Following reboots I have had a couple of issues failure to connect to Digital Rights Management and MC processes remaining open.

As I look at the processes window at the moment OEC server proxy is the last to remain open after about 15 Mins, after how long should open processes be killed.

How long should processes remain open, Message centre and tsserver often take some time to close.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 08 Nov 2013

Hello jl12,

In these circumstances escape does not work
Escape will close the Format Instrument window if you have not clicked on any other window after Format Instrument was opened. You can move Format Instrument window to any location on your screen to make it not interfere with your pinned windows. Next time you call it - it will appear on the same place.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 08 Nov 2013

For a couple of days now following the US open and fast markets I have had to close MC as my dde links all froze.

Following reboots I have had a couple of issues failure to connect to Digital Rights Management and MC processes remaining open.

As I look at the processes window at the moment OEC server proxy is the last to remain open after about 15 Mins, after how long should open processes be killed.

How long should processes remain open, Message centre and tsserver often take some time to close.
Depending on the amount of data you have stored in the cache it can take up to several minutes to save all progress and pack all data. If the processes are not finished automatically within 5 minutes after you have closed MultiCharts and there was no crash - please come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 4 pm EST to demonstrate it remotely and we will collect all required for analysis information.

CrazyNasdaq

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 08 Nov 2013

I've find a very bad behaviour with CQG Eurex data on MC 8.8 beta 2 64 bit. During the afternoon (Exchange time), Eurex data stops to work properly and time stamps in the Time&Sales begin to show time in the future. The chart stops to update even if Quotemanager collects data.
I've recorded a short video (full HD) about this very bad behaviour that is only referred to EUREX symbols and not to other symbols.

Here is the video to Screencast (you can wacth it to full size for better resolution)

http://www.screencast.com/t/QRFbWtsH

Here is the link to the video download from Filefactory

http://www.filefactory.com/file/5vqlvjr ... _EUREX.mp4

The video is regard DAX future and e-mini Nasdaq future (which has no problem)

With this behaviour it's impossible to trade anything on EUREX market with CQG data in the afternoon exchange time.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 11 Nov 2013

I've find a very bad behaviour with CQG Eurex data on MC 8.8 beta 2 64 bit. During the afternoon (Exchange time), Eurex data stops to work properly and time stamps in the Time&Sales begin to show time in the future. The chart stops to update even if Quotemanager collects data.
I've recorded a short video (full HD) about this very bad behaviour that is only referred to EUREX symbols and not to other symbols.

Here is the video to Screencast (you can wacth it to full size for better resolution)

With this behaviour it's impossible to trade anything on EUREX market with CQG data in the afternoon exchange time.
Hello CrazyNasdaq,

This issue has been confirmed by CQG. As far as we are concerned-a new version of the API with the fix has not been released yet. We do not have any ETA for it. We are currently looking for a possible workaround for this issue on our end.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 11 Nov 2013

Hello CrazyNasdaq,

This issue has been confirmed by CQG. As far as we are concerned-a new version of the API with the fix has not been released yet. We do not have any ETA for it. We are currently looking for a possible workaround for this issue on our end.
CQG is going to release the new API with the fix later this week.

admin

Postby admin » 12 Nov 2013

Return to “MultiCharts”