same active position displayed on 2 different charts  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
LMC1

same active position displayed on 2 different charts

Postby LMC1 » 23 Oct 2013

Hi,

I opened 2 charts applied with different signals to trade the same instrument. When the 2 different signals both have its own positions, however, both chart will display the same position which belongs to one of the charts.

Further info:
-64bit (8.7 release build 7634)
-both charts shared the same data feed from the broker
-each chart's brokerage was configured to connect to a different account of the same broker

Please help.

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: bugs ?/ same active position displayed on 2 different ch

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 23 Oct 2013

Hello LMC1,

Please read about trading from more than 1 chart in MC.

LMC1

Postby LMC1 » 23 Oct 2013

Hi Andrew,

That article talks about 2 charts trading the same account while in this case I used 2 different accounts of the same broker. The positions, executions and everything are OK except that the active position and related Stop/Limit orders cannot be displayed properly in each chart individually.
That is, Chart A displays an active order A and its related Stop/Limit orders correctly.However, Chart B also displays active order A , instead of active order B and its related Stop/Limit orders.

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 23 Oct 2013

It means the charts are actually trading the same broker account.
  1. Please make a right click on the chart A -> Format Signals -> Properties -> Auto Trading -> What is the broker plug-in?
  2. Click on "Setting" near the broker plug-in at the bottom of Auto Trading tab. Make a screenshot of the opened window and upload it here, please.
  3. Please make a right click on the chart B -> Format Signals -> Properties -> Auto Trading -> What is the broker plug-in?
  4. Click on "Setting" near the broker plug-in at the bottom of Auto Trading tab. Make a screenshot of the opened window and upload it here, please.

LMC1

Postby LMC1 » 25 Oct 2013

Hi Henry,

Please refer to the attached screen shots.
In the first screen shot, you can see that the same active position and stop order is shown on both charts. But the active Long position is in fact belonging to Chart A on the left. You can easily tell that there is in fact a Short position in Chart B on the right hand side. But in stead of showing its own Short Position, Chart B displays Chart A's Long position.
From the second and third screen shot, you can see that Chart A connects to brokerage account LMAX while Chart B connects to brokerage account LMAX2.
What else you need ?
Attachments
Wrong active position on chart.rar
(642.45 KiB) Downloaded 134 times

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: bugs ?/ same active position displayed on 2 different ch  [SOLVED]

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 25 Oct 2013

Thank you for the files. From the screenshots you uploaded i can guess you have the following configuration:
  • The broker profile LMAX and the broker profile LMAX 2 can possibly connect to the same broker account. But since you wrote the accounts are different, let me continue assuming they are different.
  • Though in the Strategy Properties for each chart the different broker plug-ins are used and strategy orders are sent to different accounts, in the Chart Trading Panel (that is hidden on your screenshots) the same broker profile must be selected. It is possible to configure charts auto trading at different broker profiles, while the chart trading panels are set to show open positions and active orders from the same broker profile.
  • Since the same broker profile (according to my assumption) is selected for both charts in their panels, it also should show you the same orders executed by your strategies. I don't see this, so my next guess is that you disabled showing historical orders in settings of chart trading panels.

LMC1

Postby LMC1 » 25 Oct 2013

Hi Andrew,

Thanks.
You are right, Chart B's Chart Trading Panel was not set to connect to another profile, LMAX2.

Return to “MultiCharts”