Session Template

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
sim

Session Template

Postby sim » 11 Dec 2007

Right now my streaming data from IB shows the pre & after trading price movement on my chart. Is there a way to change the session template to show the regular trading hours only?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 11 Dec 2007

Hi sim,

Session templates can be modified in QuoteManager. In QuoteManager, right-click the symbol, go to Edit Symbol -> Session Templates and choose either Use Custom Session Template (and choose one from the drop-down list) or Use Custom Sessions (and create your own sessions).
To have these sessions applied to a chart, when making settings in Format Symbol window choose Regular sessions.

Best regards.

sim

Postby sim » 11 Dec 2007

Hi Marina,

Seem to work. Thanks for your prompt assistance.

Btw, is there any downloadable pdf operation manual for reference. It's really time consuming and not productive to spend so much time searching for information. Video presentation of charts features & usage will be highly appreciated.
For example, on a prophet chart, if i were to draw a trendline on the daily chart, the trendline will still be effected when i switch to other timeframe charts like min, weekly or monthly. Here i dun know if there is such a function or where to locate the information if any. Also, is there a function of a dropdown menu to organize or categorize my tickers more systematically into various folders.

Regards

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 13 Dec 2007

Hi sim,

We do not have comprehensive manuals yet. There is the Help File and online tutorials. We are planning to launch webinars. For now, if you have any questions, just contact us and we will help you.

Regarding organizing the tickers into different folders, such option will be available in the upcoming MultiCharts version and then further developed in other MC versions.

Regards.

sim

Postby sim » 13 Dec 2007

Thanks Marina and looking forward for more features.

Return to “MultiCharts”