GetRTAccountNetWorth  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
chosentoride

GetRTAccountNetWorth

Postby chosentoride » 06 Nov 2013

Hi, I'm running MultiCharts64 Version 8.7 Release (Build 7634) with Interactive Brokers and ran into an issue using "GetRTAccountNetWorth".

MultiCharts informed me that this function is not currently implemented.

I'm wondering if this is function has been enabled in newer versions of Multicharts.

I'm interested to use it to simply buy % amounts in my strategies. I tried to use "GetRTAccountEquity", but this won't allow me to run simultaneous strategies on multiple stocks, as this function won't allow me to buy, say, 5% of my total account liquidation value; rather, this will buy 5% of my cash-balance available to trade. This works fine trading a single stock, but not with multiple stocks.

In the case that "GetRTAccountNetWorth" is still not implemented, is there some other way to get the real-time net liquidation value of an account?

Thanks for any help on this.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: GetRTAccountNetWorth

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 07 Nov 2013

Hello chosentoride,

We are currently looking into technical possibility of implementing the "GetRTAccountNetWorth" in one of the future versions of MultiCharts.

chosentoride

Postby chosentoride » 07 Nov 2013

Thanks for the reply Henry. I hope to see it implemented sooner rather than later.

In the meantime - here's what I'm thinking of trying as a workaround:

GetRTAccountEquity + the summation of GetPositionQuantity for every stock I'm trading. This should give me a total account value, assuming everything I hold at my broker is part of the portfolio I'm trading via MultiCharts.

Do you suspect this might work?

I was reading into the GetPositionQuantity function and it appears it will return an actual market value of a holding, not a number of shares value (which seemed like the more obvious result).

chosentoride

Postby chosentoride » 07 Nov 2013

Nevermind my last comment - I'm using GetPositionTotalCost + GetPositionOpenPL as a workaround instead. I have to sum this for every position across every account though, which is a bit tedious - particularly when I add a new managed account. I also have to add multipliers too when incorporating options. I hope you guys get that GetRTAccountNetWorth function up and running soon! It will be a huge help.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 08 Nov 2013

Hello chosentoride,

Which broker do you use?
Does your broker provide this value (GetRTAccountNetWorth) through his API or in his terminal?

chosentoride

Postby chosentoride » 11 Nov 2013

I'm using Interactive Brokers. The value I'm looking for is clearly available in their terminal (TWS platform). In TWS, I'm looking at the "Net Liquidation Value" parameter.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: GetRTAccountNetWorth  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 12 Nov 2013

I'm using Interactive Brokers. The value I'm looking for is clearly available in their terminal (TWS platform). In TWS, I'm looking at the "Net Liquidation Value" parameter.
chosentoride, we are going to add this value and implement GetRTAccountNetWorth in MultiCharts 9.0

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 18 Aug 2014

GetRTAccountNetWorth function is available since MultiCharts 9.0 Beta.

AlgoTargetTrade

Postby AlgoTargetTrade » 15 Sep 2015

hi,
i am also trying to use the "GetRTAccountNetWorth" function, but no orders or trades has been active.

i am using IB account.

i have been trying it for several days and only for one day it is been worked but since then it is look like something went wrong.
i did not change any thing in the code.

pls advise.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 22 Sep 2015

Hello AlgoTargetTrade,

GetRTAccountNetWorth returns a value if it is present in the Order and Position tracker window - Orders tab. If it is not there then you will need to wait for MultiCharts 9.1 Release to get the fix.

Return to “MultiCharts”