Question for MC users about CQG and ZenFire

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
ACMilan

Question for MC users about CQG and ZenFire

Postby ACMilan » 19 Nov 2013

Hi
I would love to hear from MC users that have used or are using CQG and or ZenFire realtime data.
Which in your opinion is more accurate and faster?

Thank you

arnie

Re: Question for MC users about CQG and ZenFire

Postby arnie » 19 Nov 2013

Hi
I would love to hear from MC users that have used or are using CQG and or ZenFire realtime data.
Which in your opinion is more accurate and faster?

Thank you
IQFeed. There's no better feed :)

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 21 Nov 2013

CQG is filtered but is fine. Zenfire is great unfiltered and reliable data. Rithmic is even better.

IQfeed is good quality, but it's expensive, annoying symbols, and unnecessary with most modern brokers who offer free integrated data.

arnie

Postby arnie » 21 Nov 2013

IQfeed is good quality, but it's expensive, annoying symbols, and unnecessary with most modern brokers who offer free integrated data.
Not that expensive when you have the CME waiver and a "must have" when you have IB as broker. Around $80 a month I think if you only trade CME products.

I confess that I've been looking at brokers with integrated and unfiltered data but I'm not fond of having money spread out between multiple bank and broker accounts.
Also, after the PFG debacle, one needs to think twice before open an account with a broker. Since I've learned that IB has its own HTF department trades it made me nervous. We all remember what happen to Knight Capital and their "glitch".

Maybe nowadays there's no broker which we can say - this is safe from going bust - nevertheless, we are always trying to lower our monthly expenses ;)

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 21 Nov 2013

$80/mo for only the mainstream symbols with the waiver. However, while trading client funds, this waiver isn't applicable. My personal issue wasn't the money (which would exceed $300/mo for me). It was the incredible headache of having a different data feed than your broker, the pain of symbol mapping (MC could really improve that feature), and the symbols are so different with IQfeed.

I can't make sense of using this route when you have other brokers who provide so much more. IB + IQfeed + MC was the most annoying task I've ever encountered as a trader.

See my post about my many experiences with brokers viewtopic.php?f=1&t=45346

Which broker spreads your capital over numerous banks? My experience is that when you open a brokerage account, you only have one account..

You're correct. There's no "safe" broker. I like to pick ones that aren't public companies and have been around for a while. (not talking about introducing brokerages who have no relevance to this topic)

arnie

Postby arnie » 21 Nov 2013

...It was the incredible headache of having a different data feed than your broker, the pain of symbol mapping (MC could really improve that feature), and the symbols are so different with IQfeed.
Yeah, when trading multiple symbols it's a bit of a headache to map them but comparing the first map version with the latest one, thinks improved a lot. Personally I feel the map tool quite easy to work with, but than again, if you need to map 10 symbols every quarter or month, yes it's painful.
Which broker spreads your capital over numerous banks? My experience is that when you open a brokerage account, you only have one account..
I didn't explained myself properly.
I was talking about having money in 3 or 4 brokers and in 3 or 4 banks. Too many brokers, too many banks.

Thanks for the link.

shanemcdonald

Postby shanemcdonald » 21 Nov 2013

I use rithmic at Vision Financial and cqg at AMP with MC. I find them them both fast and reliable.

I have had the cqg api stop working on me a few times, but it appears that cqg will be integrated in the new MC release ?

I prefer cqg because of the historical tick data that is included. Rithmic only has current day of tick data.

I have run cqg and MC on autotrade for 2 weeks with no disconnects at all.

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 21 Nov 2013

I use rithmic at Vision Financial and cqg at AMP with MC. I find them them both fast and reliable.
Could you contribute here? viewtopic.php?f=1&t=45710

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 22 Nov 2013

IB does so for securities accounts, with a portion invested among 13 U.S. Banks. Capital from IB accounts is also kept in U.S. Treasuries (source).

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 22 Nov 2013

I have had the cqg api stop working on me a few times, but it appears that cqg will be integrated in the new MC release ?
Hello shanemcdonald,

At the moment we do not plan integrating CQG API into MultiCharts installer.
Which version of CQG API do you use?
What do you mean exactly by "cqg api stop working on me a few times"?

Return to “MultiCharts”