seperating datafeed and brokerfeed for portfoliotrading MC9

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
siscop

seperating datafeed and brokerfeed for portfoliotrading MC9

Postby siscop » 21 Nov 2013

Having IQfeed as a data provider and IB as a broker you still have the 100 tracker limitation because of the ask and bid price which MC requires from IB.
Would it be possible for MC9.0 to separate the data from the broker? I am asking specially for the portfolio trading where there are a lot of stocks coming together.

What I want is to have the entry decision from IQfeed and from that moment on MC can use the ask and bid of IB.

I just want to have a workaround of the bottleneck IB with his tracker limitation. I wont have a lot of open positions but I want to use the portfoliotrader and that will have more then 100 stocks.

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: seperating datafeed and brokerfeed for portfoliotrading

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 21 Nov 2013

Hello siscop,

Please vote for the respective feature request: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1239

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 21 Nov 2013

Pay IB $10/mo for RT data and this will be fixed... You need the quotes from your broker to trade.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 22 Nov 2013

Having IQfeed as a data provider and IB as a broker you still have the 100 tracker limitation because of the ask and bid price which MC requires from IB.
(...)
I just want to have a workaround of the bottleneck IB with his tracker limitation.
Pay IB $10/mo for RT data and this will be fixed... You need the quotes from your broker to trade.
Quote Boosters go for a minimum of $30 per month. What you mention here MAtricks, RT data, is not what Siscop is talking about.

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 22 Nov 2013

Sorry about that. IB is even more of a ripoff than I previous thought :)

siscop

Postby siscop » 22 Nov 2013

@Andrew
Thank you. I voted in PM. Hope it comes soon.

@JoshM
Thank you for the advise to the booster pack. I am not really satisfied with the data coming from IB. IQfeed has the better quality. IB is a broker and has cheap commissions.

@MAtricks
I think IB is a really good broker and yes it has his limitations (datafeed -> quality -not tick based but time based- and the mentioned 100 simultaneous quotes) but I can live with it.
IMHO it is still the best broker out there and with IQfeed (very good but not best) just an unbeatable team. Tell me yours an I will be glad to look into it.

MAtricks

siscop, I've put most reputable brokers to the test. It was a lot of work and took a long time to develop my opinion. I too always thought that IB was the best option available for quite some time. Check out my post on this project: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=45346

Along this journey, I did the same thing for data feeds and platforms :)

siscop

Postby siscop » 22 Nov 2013

A very nice list you have there. I can see that it was a lot of work carrying it together. Thank you for sharing.

I just looked threw all the mentioned broker and only 4 of them trade stocks and IB is the cheapest among them.
You are right when it comes to futures and FX but with stocks I see no alternative with this gap in the pricing.

MAtricks

I agree. The equities accounts weren't mentioned in that post.

siscop

Postby siscop » 14 Dec 2013

Sorry to bring this up again but this issue is a real big thing for me.

With IQfeed I have 500 sep symbols and can use the coming portfoliotrading how it is ment to be.
As soon as I activate a Strategy on a chart with IB it uses up a IB ticker even when the data comes from IQfeed so I am limited to 100 ticker...

Please MC do the seperation from data and broker. It can not be that hard. Just take a IB ticker as soon as an order is out and disconnect as soon it is flat again.
I need the speed and the history of IQfeed but I sure dont need the limitation from IB.

Return to “MultiCharts”