I agree with tortoise, that something has changed with the new release of MC 8.8, Build 8593 (64-bit), in that things just seem to be running slower. Workspaces do not load nearly as fast as they did under MC 8.8 Build 8363 (64-bit).
Also, when running an optimization under MC 8.8, Build 8593, the optimization engine is only utilizing around 50% of the total CPU cycles it has available to it to run the optimization, so consequently, they also take much longer to complete. Attached is a screenshot of the 12 hyperthreads on my 6 core system, showing the CPU cycle utilization with an optimization running, with no other apps running at the same time. Normally, any optimization run on prior builds of MC would utilize approximately 98% to 100% of every one of the 12 hyperthreads available. Unfortunately, that is no longer true, commencing with MC 8.8 Build 8593.
I installed the last release of MC 8.8, Build 8593 (64-bit) one week ago, since then I noted a much longer time to load the workspaces.
eegroup, danigiu, please send me (email@example.com
) the following information for analysis of this case:
1) System properties window screenshot:
For Windows Vista/7 you can find this information here: Control Panel\System and Security\System or right click on the Computer icon and select properties.
For Windows XP you can find this information here: Control Panel\System\General or right click on the Computer icon and select properties.
Please make a screenshot of this window.
2) all workspaces/desktops you are using;
3) in QuoteManager select the symbols you are using, make a right click on any of them ->Export data->Export instrument (without data). Send me the Qmd export file for analysis;
4) in PowerLanguage editor->File->Export->export with dependent functions the studies you are using in the workspaces you are providing. Send me the study export file;
5) attach the external dlls if they are used;
6) detailed description of steps for replicating this behavior.
If the file size is >10 mb please upload it to any file sharing hosting and send me the download link.
You can also come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 4 pm EST to demonstrate this behavior remotely.
Belated followup to Henry, as well as eegroup, danigiu, arnie...
Looks like the situation may have been cleared up by simply copying the charts and then pasting them into the same workspace. I'll be watching Monday's open closely to make sure I'm not imagining this
tortoise, please keep us updated with the progress you have.