Not show data after 1 pm on half trading days (US)

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
OZ Trade

Not show data after 1 pm on half trading days (US)

Postby OZ Trade » 03 Dec 2013

Hi,

Multicharts 8.7 build 7634

Data feed: IQFeed

Is there an easy way to NOT display data after 1 p.m. on scheduled half trading days for equities (US) ?

For example the half trading day that recently took place the next day after thanks giving as seen in the attached.

I am aware you can edit data --> load --> delete in order to delete data for certain time intervals on individual instruments.

Can this be in done in batch for hundreds of instruments at a time?

My experimentation shows that backfill is going to go back and fill anything that I delete anyway.

Please advise.

Thanks
Attachments
Half Day.bmp
(1.29 MiB) Downloaded 489 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Not show data after 1 pm on half trading days (US)

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 04 Dec 2013

Hello OZ Trade,

That is possible to change the symbol session settings or apply a session template to your chart.
1) To change the symbol session settings:
Go to MultiCharts->File->New->QuoteManager window->double click on the symbol you need->Sessions tab->you can modify the session time here. Copy/paste your existing chart or create a new one to apply the changes in session settings.
Each chart of this symbol set to Default session will use these session settings.

2) To create a custom session template:
Go to MultiCharts->File->New->QuoteManager window->Tools->Session templates.
More information can be found here.
Select your session template on the chart in Format->Instrument->Settings tab->Session.

OZ Trade

Postby OZ Trade » 04 Dec 2013

Thanks,

I do already understand and know how to use those features.. they works fine if the same cycle is repeating every week.. e.g. if Friday of every week was a half day.

but these half trading days only occur 3 times per year.. they are not repeating weekly

For NYSE 2013:

-Each market will close early at 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 3, 2013. Crossing Session orders will be accepted beginning at 1:00 p.m. for continuous executions until 1:30 p.m. on this date.

-Each market will close early at 1:00 p.m. on Friday, November 29, 2013. Crossing Session orders will be accepted beginning at 1:00 p.m. for continuous executions until 1:30 p.m. on these dates.

-Each market will close early at 1:00 p.m. on Tuesday, December 24, 2013. Crossing Session orders will be accepted beginning at 1:00 p.m. for continuous executions until 1:30 p.m. on this date.

It does cause problems for my indicators that are calculating on session end bars, moving averages etc..

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 04 Dec 2013

There is no way to hide the data for only half of the day. That is possible to hide the entire day with the help of Holiday List.

OZ Trade

Postby OZ Trade » 05 Dec 2013

ok, thanks for your attention to this

I will have to code exceptions for the half days into my indicators instead..

Perhaps you could add some functionality to fix this in the future, I'm sure there are many MC users who trade using US RTH charts and are seeing the same issue.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 10 Dec 2013

OZ Trade, you may want to submit a feature request to the Project Management of our web site so other users can vote for it: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/

All feature requests are forwarded to the management of the company and are evaluated in a timely manner. Please note that even though we value your opinion not all requests can be implemented due to the fact that some features do not fit into our current roadmap.

Return to “MultiCharts”