Chart Trader Troubles

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
OZ Trade

Chart Trader Troubles

Postby OZ Trade » 06 Dec 2013

Hi,

MultiCharts64 Version 8.8 Release (Build 8363)

Broker: Interactive Brokers

Data feed: IQFeed

Is there something obvious I'm missing here?

Dragging and dropping a "LMT" limit strategy from "Place Order" to the chart window always results in a SELL Limit at the price where the icon is dropped, this occurs whether the limit order icon is dropped above or below current price

The "STP" stop strategy always results in a BUY stop order whether dropped above or below price.

This was also the case with version 8.7 which I just upgraded from.

Buy Mkt and Sell Mkt work as they should.. as do the Exit Strategies once a position is already open.

Right clicking anywhere in the chart window does not bring up any buy or sell options as described in the Multicharts wiki either.

Thanks,

OZ Trade

Re: Chart Trader Troubles

Postby OZ Trade » 09 Dec 2013

Attached is a screen capture of the issue I'm experiencing.. Should a LMT order dragged and dropped onto the chart below current price level result in a BUY limit order instead of a SELL limit order ?
Attachments
Chart Trader JCP.bmp
(1.71 MiB) Downloaded 513 times

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 09 Dec 2013

Hello OZ Trade,

Judging by the screenshot, symbol mapping is either configure incorrectly, or you don't have subscription to IB real-time asks and bids (which are required for correct functionality of chart trading features).

OZ Trade

Postby OZ Trade » 09 Dec 2013

Thats correct.. I don't have a data feed with IB as I already have a professional data feed through IQFeed..

Having a professional classification with IB I am unable to sign up for their cheap data bundle and I don't fancy paying hundreds of dollars for their 'professional' data rates when I already get my data from IQFeed.

So as it looks my discretionary trades will have to be buy/sell at market through chart trader only, or have to use TWS?

Thanks for your time.

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 09 Dec 2013

At the moment MC request best ask and best bid data from your broker to use these values for chart trading, since broker data may differ from chart data and order are filled at broker prices. I believe you would like to vote for this feature request.

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 09 Dec 2013

Purchasing real time data from IB is needed. You can't trade without quotes from your broker.... $10 or $20 (I forget, but it's cheap)

Return to “MultiCharts”