Exporting data for multiple symbols together in ascii format

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
hilbert

Exporting data for multiple symbols together in ascii format

Postby hilbert » 11 Dec 2013

Hello MC Team,

We need this functionality to be able to export data for multiple instruments together in one go in ascii format. Currently, this functionality is not available and its not practically possible to go and export data one-by-one for 500 or so symbols every night.

Please consider implementing this feature as soon as possible for you guys. I think this is one of the functionalities that is sorely missing in Multicharts. It makes our lives very hard as users.

I don't have a project management id, so I cannot create a feature request there. However, I request other members who feel this feature needs to be implement to kindly start this request in PM. Many Thanks.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Exporting data for multiple symbols together in ascii fo

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 12 Dec 2013

hilbert, that is possible to create a new PM account at this page.

Please submit a feature request to the Project Management of our web site so other users can vote for it.

All feature requests are forwarded to the management of the company and are evaluated in a timely manner. Please note that even though we value your opinion not all requests can be implemented due to the fact that some features do not fit into our current roadmap.

hilbert

Postby hilbert » 12 Dec 2013

Henry,

I registered and raised a feature request. Meanwhile, can you suggest a workaround for the time being before MC team can implement this feature? Thanks.

Others - please vote. Having the ability to export out data from MC in ascii files is a highly useful functionality. This will allow us to easily use the collected data available in MC database, in any other application program like excel, R, Matlab etc. Also, we can put that data in our own custom database like Mysql.

Please vote on this:
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1553

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 13 Dec 2013

hilbert, there is no current workaround if your target file format is ASCII. You need to manually export the data for each quote field and resolution from each instrument. If you just want to backup your data - that is possible to export multiple instruments at the same time (all quote fields and resolutions) into QMD file. Here is how to do that. That is also possible to create a backup of your complete databases folder.

hilbert

Postby hilbert » 03 Jan 2014

Henry,
Others - please vote. Having the ability to export out data from MC in ascii files is a highly useful functionality. This will allow us to easily use the collected data available in MC database, in any other application program like excel, R, Matlab etc. Also, we can put that data in our own custom database like Mysql.

Please vote on this:
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1553
Henry,

This feature request has still not been reviewed. This is an important feature request and it has managed to earn 6 votes within 20 days of the request being made.

I would like to bring this feature request to your attention again so that MC team can review it and possibly roll this out with asap, hopefully with version 9.0. Many Thanks for your consideration.

hilbert

Postby hilbert » 15 Jan 2014

The way originally Multicharts improved TS was that TS was all about one broker, one platform, one datafeed. It was a monopoly that constrained customers. Multicharts created this framework, in which they allowed users the ability to "pick and choose" different data providers, different brokers etc. all fitting with one strategy trading platform. This design philosophy of letting customers choose which brokers, datafeed etc. they wanted to use, liberated customers and allowed them to do a lot of things that were just not possible with TS.

In the same measure, I think this is a very important core functionality that Multicharts must implement as soon as possible. Once this functionality gets implemented, MC will become so much better for a lot of users. Once a user has data in ASCII files, then user can transmit that data into their own database(Access, MySql, Sqlserver etc.), it allows the user to use the power of SQL to analyze that data. Also, data can be used in other statistical programs R, MATLAB etc.

So, MC team I request you again to please implement this feature as soon as possible. It will be just great if this feature request can be integrated and rolled out with version 9.0 itself. I also request other users to please vote for this feature.

Laurent

Postby Laurent » 17 Jan 2014

Yeah.. we definitively need this.
I'm waiting for that feature since 2010 lol :)

hilbert

Postby hilbert » 28 Mar 2014

MC Team,

I would like to request again for your management to please consider this functionality and implement this feature in MC. It will be very helpful for many customers. Thanks for your consideration.

hilbert

Postby hilbert » 30 May 2014

As per MATricks requested for a separate thread for this very important issue, I have already created this separate thread for this very important functionality around 6 months back. However, this request is still pending and people have been waiting for this request for years.

I request everyone to vote for this feature and MC team please include this feature request in your future production road-map. Thank You.

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 30 May 2014

Thank you hilbert.

Importing and exporting multiple streams of data would be very helpful. I request that MC consider these features.

What is the reason behind disabling our export/import of bid/ask/trade data into/from one file?

Suggestion:

Attachments
Original - Copy.png
(38.97 KiB) Downloaded 794 times
Import_settings.png
(65.35 KiB) Downloaded 806 times

Return to “MultiCharts”