i_OpenEquity should be derivative from signal execution?  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
ctu1121

i_OpenEquity should be derivative from signal execution?

Postby ctu1121 » 26 Dec 2013

Hi there,
I write a signal and insert to one instrument. When the order was executed, i_OpenEquity will begin to show profit or lose of this order(please refer 1.png).
May I execute my order in IB TWS and request Multicharts to show profit or lose of this order?

Thanks.

Charles
Attachments
0.png
The order was executed in IB TWS. I can Not use i_OpenEquity to get profit/lose information.
(196.81 KiB) Downloaded 372 times
1.png
The order was executed by MultiCharts Signal, i_OpenEquity begin to show profit/lose of this order.
(198 KiB) Downloaded 372 times

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: i_OpenEquity should be derivative from signal execution?  [SOLVED]

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 27 Dec 2013

Hello ,

i_OpenEquity doesn't return values from any manual orders or orders placed outside of MultiCharts software. It returns auto-trading strategy PnL.

What is your final goal?

ctu1121

Re: i_OpenEquity should be derivative from signal execution?

Postby ctu1121 » 27 Dec 2013

Thanks.

I find two instrument with correlation, long one and short another in my IB TWS. I would like to use Multicharts(MC) to calculate the p/l of these two instruments. For example, I would long USO and short XLE on IB TWS manually.

I would like to get the combination value of USO and XLE p/l. When the value <-200, MC will close these two position. If value>200, then MC will begin a trailing order. That's my idea. I am not sure whether MC could meet my expectation.

Thanks again.

Charles

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: i_OpenEquity should be derivative from signal execution?

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 30 Dec 2013

ctu1121,

It looks like a spread trading strategy.
It is possible to do it in MC the way it is described following the link above, however it is far from ideal spread trading. MC is not simply yet optimized for it yet. Without opportunity to place a supported-by-your-broker spread order, with current realization it is only possible to place 2 orders at 2 instruments, what is of course dangerous (what if for a reason one order is filled, while the other is not?).

Return to “MultiCharts”