"Are you sure" window for Closing MC

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
MAtricks

"Are you sure" window for Closing MC

Postby MAtricks » 13 Jan 2014

Edit: Seneca has a feature request for the following topic: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1080
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have an, "are you sure -- click OKAY or CANCEL" window that pops up for several things, but not one for closing the entire application.

I've accidentally closed MC so many times.. Do we have an upcoming feature for this?

We could add the feature in the Preferences right next to this one?

Attachments
2014-01-13_0939.png
(64.85 KiB) Downloaded 1768 times
2014-01-13_0940.png
(28.21 KiB) Downloaded 1789 times
Last edited by MAtricks on 15 Jan 2014, edited 2 times in total.

seneca

Re: "Are you sure" window for Closing MC

Postby seneca » 14 Jan 2014

I had submitted a feature request for this in August 2012. Please vote for it if you like it.

http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... no=MC-1080

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 14 Jan 2014

MAtricks, Seneca, if you uncheck the option "Do not show "Save workspace" dialog on Exit" then when you accidentally close MultiCharts application - "Are you sure" window will appear for closing the workspace, where you have the option to cancel closing the application.

seneca

Postby seneca » 14 Jan 2014

...if you uncheck the option "Do not show "Save workspace" dialog on Exit" then when you accidentally close MultiCharts application - "Are you sure" window will appear for closing the workspace...
That is correct, Henry. But what if I actually WANT to close MC? Then I have to confirm 20 times the "are you sure window", as I usually have 20 workspaces open. Not the very best solution...

Again, the feature requested by MAtricks and by me is desperately needed!

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 14 Jan 2014

Seneca,

Thank you for your feature request. I hadn't seen that.

Xyzzy

Postby Xyzzy » 14 Jan 2014

+1 for this request. (I've also voted in the feature request.)

hilbert

Postby hilbert » 15 Jan 2014

+1 for this feature request. I am surprised why this feature has not been a default feature. I mean its pretty standard in every software.

PatrickSocal

Postby PatrickSocal » 15 Jan 2014

Yes, I agree... +1 for me too. I just voted on the PM site.

Agreed, this feature is standard on many applications... and it should be very straightforward for MC to implement. Looks like a slam dunk to me.

seneca

Postby seneca » 24 Jan 2014

@MC: Is there any chance to implement the "are you sure" window in one of the next releases? As reflected by the replys in this thread, there is a distinct need for such a feature.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 24 Jan 2014

@MC: Is there any chance to implement the "are you sure" window in one of the next releases? As reflected by the replys in this thread, there is a distinct need for such a feature.
All feature requests are forwarded to the management of the company and are evaluated in a timely manner. Please note that even though we value your opinion not all requests can be implemented due to the fact that some features do not fit into our current roadmap.

Once this feature request is confirmed and targeted to a particular version-the respective PM entry and this forum thread will be udpated.

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 24 Jan 2014

Thank you Henry. You guys are doing great!

seneca

Postby seneca » 20 Jan 2016

I have just been notified that the PM feature request
has been declined. Please reconsider this decision. This is an absolutely vital issue. There must be a protection for unintended shut down, and I do not want to confirm 10 times the "save the workspace" dialogue on every session end.

janus

Postby janus » 21 Jan 2016

I have just been notified that the PM feature request
has been declined. Please reconsider this decision. This is an absolutely vital issue. There must be a protection for unintended shut down, and I do not want to confirm 10 times the "save the workspace" dialogue on every session end.
I don't understand - it should have been feature of MC a long time ago. I have on occasion mistakenly closed down MC. The proposed workaround is not equivalent. To make it equivalent it should have another option to repeat the same instruction to save or not save all workspaces similar to Windows when copying/moving files from one folder to another and it detects some/all the files are already present at the destination. In MC the check box could be "Do this for all workspaces". If checked it will either save or not save all the worlspaces in one go.

arjfca

Postby arjfca » 21 Jan 2016

In the same path of idea, to prevent some workspace killed by mistake by me when typing on the keyboard, I disabled the CTRL F4 key hotkey with AutoHotKey

I do use the CTRL and function a lot and I was often hitting the CTRL F4 by mistake. This hotkey is the one in use to remove a workspace. I did try to allocate a new hotkey sequence, but by default it is not modifiable and will still be there even after a new key combination was done for it.

Now, instead of closing a workspace, the hotkey will play a a double ringtone. The modification is valid only when MC is in use if I recall.

Martin

seneca

Postby seneca » 27 Jan 2016

All feature requests are forwarded to the management of the company and are evaluated in a timely manner. Please note that even though we value your opinion not all requests can be implemented due to the fact that some features do not fit into our current roadmap.

Once this feature request is confirmed and targeted to a particular version-the respective PM entry and this forum thread will be udpated.
Henry, as there seems to be a lot of support for this feature request http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... no=MC-1080, would it be possible to revise the decision to reject it?

DaveAronow

Postby DaveAronow » 08 Feb 2016

Please reconsider this. Confirming the save of each workspace is not a solution it's a nightmare. Also if you've recently saved all your workspaces you won't get the prompt at all....

Return to “MultiCharts”