Issue with TS Data connection  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
designer01

Issue with TS Data connection

Postby designer01 » 26 Jan 2014

All of at sudden I can not download data from TS and keep getting an error dialog box (see attachment) and a message TS connection broken. Please advice.
Thanks
Attachments
TS-Message.jpg
(19.37 KiB) Downloaded 1017 times

TJ

Re: Issue with TS Data connection

Postby TJ » 26 Jan 2014

All of at sudden I can not download data from TS and keep getting an error dialog box (see attachment) and a message TS connection broken. Please advice.
Thanks
Have you tried rebooting?

tekram

Re: Issue with TS Data connection  [SOLVED]

Postby tekram » 26 Jan 2014

designer01

Postby designer01 » 26 Jan 2014

Thank you guys it was the Run as administrator that did it....

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 28 Jan 2014

I have a similar issue and it didn't start until 8.8 release 2.

The TS data loads up on the initial MC startup, but after that, I get a loss of connection. Although, this seems to be hit and miss from chart to chart and startup to startup.. It's odd that I've never experienced connection issues with TS data previous to the update.

I tried running MC and TS as Administrator and it didn't have any effect on this issue.

This is what I keep seeing when I try to load up a new chart:

This particular chart has been open for at least 2 hours.. Normally, the data (cached already) would only take a second or two to load.
Attachments
2014-01-28_1054.png
(14.21 KiB) Downloaded 1233 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 Jan 2014

I have a similar issue and it didn't start until 8.8 release 2.

The TS data loads up on the initial MC startup, but after that, I get a loss of connection. Although, this seems to be hit and miss from chart to chart and startup to startup.. It's odd that I've never experienced connection issues with TS data previous to the update.

I tried running MC and TS as Administrator and it didn't have any effect on this issue.

This is what I keep seeing when I try to load up a new chart:

This particular chart has been open for at least 2 hours.. Normally, the data (cached already) would only take a second or two to load.
Hello MAtricks,

In TS please go to View tab->Launch Download Scheduler. Do you see any pending requests there? If yes then make a right click on the request->Schedule ASAP.

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 29 Jan 2014

Thank you for the suggestion, Henry.

The download scheduler is empty.

I have restarted my machine, the platforms a few times, and tried the Run as Administrator. Still, I have one symbol that will not load tick data.. It was loading it just fine a few days ago. I'm presently removing the symbol from the Quote Manager and creating it again. Fingers crossed...

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 Jan 2014

Thank you for the suggestion, Henry.

The download scheduler is empty.

I have restarted my machine, the platforms a few times, and tried the Run as Administrator. Still, I have one symbol that will not load tick data.. It was loading it just fine a few days ago. I'm presently removing the symbol from the Quote Manager and creating it again. Fingers crossed...
Plese reload a tick chart for this symbol in TS, then reload a tick chart for this symbol in MC.
That is also possible that you need to clear the TS cache.

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 02 Feb 2014

Ok.. a couple days later and I think I have it. It took a complete reinstallation of TS and a removal of symbols from the Quote Manager which were affected.

Fingers crossed that this doesn't go bad again...

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 19 Mar 2014

A quick update about the TS data issues...

The problem definitely has been happening quite often. I'll connect to MC tomorrow morning to show what I see. Charts say "loading" or "backfilling" and they never finished. I'm really curious if something changed between MC and TS with the recent update... Until that update, I've never had an issue nor did I ever need to use MC as admin to use TS without error.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 20 Mar 2014

Charts say "loading" or "backfilling" and they never finished.
We have traced the reason of this issue and resovled it.

Please install these two updaters to have it resolved:
32 bit
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/279 ... _TS_88.zip
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/279 ... r2_x32.zip

64 bit
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/279 ... _88x64.zip
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/279 ... r2_x64.zip

Here is the installation guide:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... an_Updater

nickm001

Postby nickm001 » 25 Mar 2014

I have the same issue that charts stops after partial download. Version I have is MultiCharts .NET64 SE Version 8.8 Release (Build 8590). Hot fix suggested above reports errors when applied. Any suggestions?

Edit: yes the R3 fixes the issue with data... (MultiCharts .NET SE Version 8.8 Release (Build 8962) )
Last edited by nickm001 on 27 Mar 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 26 Mar 2014

I have the same issue that charts stops after partial download. Version I have is MultiCharts .NET64 SE Version 8.8 Release (Build 8590). Hot fix suggested above reports errors when applied. Any suggestions?
nickm001, the hotfix above is for MultiCharts, not for MC NET SE. The fix for this issue will be included in MultiCharts 8.8 Release 3.

Turbo_Steve

Postby Turbo_Steve » 07 Apr 2014

Thanks Henry

for the updater and fix.

Since Version 8.8 I have been having LOTS of problems with TS data not loading or loading VERY slowly. Sometimes it is fixed by a reboot. Sometimes I have to reboot several times before it works.

It was driving me insane. I have just installed the updates. It works ok now. Still a little slow to load ( maybe 2 minutes for 5 charts with tick data and volume profile).

I hope that this has fixed it correctly as I really like Multicharts using TS data and Interactive Brokers.

nickm001

Postby nickm001 » 07 Apr 2014

Since several posters are using TS data feed, I would like to add my observation on this topic. Latest update has fixed the data download from TStation, but there are several improvements that could be made:
- To make the MC and TS work together, I usually create tick chart on TS side for the same instrument. This makes data download more reliable, but we should not have to do this.
- If there is a gap in tick data, MC request for the update will NOT fill the gap (Ctr-R) does not correct the gap. The only way I know is if I do ctr-R on TS side, then the data is refreshed and then I have to restart MC to get the charts updated.
Consider it as a wish list, since there is a work around :)

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 07 Apr 2014

- If there is a gap in tick data, MC request for the update will NOT fill the gap (Ctr-R) does not correct the gap. The only way I know is if I do ctr-R on TS side, then the data is refreshed and then I have to restart MC to get the charts updated.
You do not need to restart MultiCharts, you just need to reload the chart in MultiCharts (Ctrl+R) as well.

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 16 Jun 2014

I have noticed a few quirks while using TS for a data source and figured that I'll keep it all in one thread.

Gapping in realtime data
  • As data in coming in, I see wide gaps between the opens and closes of the bars on the charts. I reload this data, and it clears it up. This issue started when we updated to 8.8 v1.
Signing into TS data
  • If I start MC up and select "Offline Mode" in the TS window, its stuck in Offline until I completely restart MC. It would be nice to have control of this while having MC running.

I'd love for my password to be saved for signing into TS data.

When prompted for the password, MC switches windows so its difficult to type in the pass without clicking around to find the signin prompt.

Return to “MultiCharts”