Yahoo Data  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
scuba

Yahoo Data

Postby scuba » 26 Jan 2014

Hi All!

For about one year I've been using Yahoo as an EOD data source with basically no problems.

About one month ago it stopped working. I switch the FreeQuotes source to Google as a back up. That worked mostly.

Now, I'm unable to display .INX (Google's ticker for SPX) as well as ^GSPC (Yahoo's ticker for SPX).

This is really frustrating!

On a slightly different thread, does anyone recommend an inexpensive reliable data source for a EOD swing trader? I'm not active intra-day.

Thanks
George

TJ

Re: Yahoo Data

Postby TJ » 26 Jan 2014

Hi All!
For about one year I've been using Yahoo as an EOD data source with basically no problems.
About one month ago it stopped working. I switch the FreeQuotes source to Google as a back up. That worked mostly.
Now, I'm unable to display .INX (Google's ticker for SPX) as well as ^GSPC (Yahoo's ticker for SPX).
This is really frustrating!
On a slightly different thread, does anyone recommend an inexpensive reliable data source for a EOD swing trader? I'm not active intra-day.
Thanks
George
If I remember correctly, Yahoo did not renew the download license with the exchanges for some of the symbols. The charts can be viewed on their website, but the data are not available for download anymore. You can do a search to find out which symbols are no longer available for download.

scuba

Re: Yahoo Data

Postby scuba » 28 Jan 2014

I just downloaded S&P 500 (^GSCP) to a spreadsheet, so that is not the problem.

I think the problem has to do with MultiCharts and a setting I'm missing....

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Yahoo Data  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 Jan 2014

Hello scuba,

^GSCP data can be successfully received in MultiCharts. Please check the screenshot here.
Please make sure Yahoo server is enabled in Free Quotes configuration window.

Return to “MultiCharts”