Charting Future-Spreads  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
PK1

Charting Future-Spreads

Postby PK1 » 02 Feb 2014

Hello,

IB can define different future spreads such as calendar spreads for example. In MC I need a symbol for charting and according to a thread from 2007 (http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/v ... ombination) this is possible to implement and likely will be.

At the moment I've coded indicators, etc. for handling my spread-charts in MC, as far as I've seen some other programs support future combinations. Aiming to be a professional charting software I'd expext this.

Is there a possibility to fetch that combinations data from IB into MC (maybe by using the ConIds like explained in the given link) ?

Thx

MAtricks

Re: Charting Future-Spreads

Postby MAtricks » 02 Feb 2014

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=46042

Not exactly the same request, but definitely along the same lines. I hope MC implements spread features in the near future.

PK1

Re: Charting Future-Spreads  [SOLVED]

Postby PK1 » 13 Feb 2014

It looks like that the native spreads from CME (like NOB, TUT, TUB, ...) with combination of MC + IB can not be used. As IB is offering a symbol and an 'external name' for these native spreads and in MC there is a category spread when manually creating a symbol I was hoping that would be possible.

At the moment I'm charting the calculated spread in MC based on the underlying legs of the spread but thats a big difference to the native symbols when it comes to trading through MC.

Would be nice to cover that point in a future version of MC.
Either way, thanks for the help regarding that topic in live chat.

Return to “MultiCharts”