Import ASCII file data and open a chart of this quote  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
earmarques

Import ASCII file data and open a chart of this quote

Postby earmarques » 27 Feb 2014

Hi, everyone! I'm new for Multicharts and I like to save the data for future playback in offline mode. This is because the future contracts always are ajusted by the data provider when they expires and a new contract is released. I'd like to know the best way to do that. I've tested save the data in 1 minute resolution by the menu File-> Export data of Multicharts, but the problem arrives when I try to open a chart based in that ASCII file. How can I import this quote giving a new name, because the real time data provider has a quote with the same name? And I mapped the same file, but when I try to open the chart and choose the ASCII Mapping the quote don't appears. I'd like to open a chart to use the playback tool.

Thanks.

TJ

Re: Import ASCII file data and open a chart of this quote

Postby TJ » 28 Feb 2014

Hi, everyone! I'm new for Multicharts and I like to save the data for future playback in offline mode. This is because the future contracts always are ajusted by the data provider when they expires and a new contract is released. I'd like to know the best way to do that. I've tested save the data in 1 minute resolution by the menu File-> Export data of Multicharts, but the problem arrives when I try to open a chart based in that ASCII file. How can I import this quote giving a new name, because the real time data provider has a quote with the same name? And I mapped the same file, but when I try to open the chart and choose the ASCII Mapping the quote don't appears. I'd like to open a chart to use the playback tool.
Thanks.
All you need to do is to create a chart of the symbol contract, not the continuous contract, but the regular contract. MultiCharts will save the data for you automatically.

Make sure you select to collect all the data (bid/ask/trade) in the QuoteManager.

earmarques

Re: Import ASCII file data and open a chart of this quote  [SOLVED]

Postby earmarques » 28 Feb 2014

Thank you again TJ!

TJ

Re: Import ASCII file data and open a chart of this quote

Postby TJ » 28 Feb 2014

Thank you again TJ!
You are welcome !
Good trading to you.

Return to “MultiCharts”