discrepancy on the trades Open P/L  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
designer01

discrepancy on the trades Open P/L

Postby designer01 » 06 Mar 2014

I’ve been having a discrepancy on the trades Open P/L not matching my Mbtrading account Gross Profits as shown in my trade list at MBtrading. See screenshot attached red arrows at columns do not match profits.
Please verify why.
Thanks
Attachments
MultichartsPosition History.jpg
(690.24 KiB) Downloaded 248 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: discrepancy on the trades Open P/L  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 06 Mar 2014

Hello designer01,

This situation is explained in our Wiki section for Order and Position Tracker Positions History Tab:
Note:We display all updates coming to MultiCharts from your broker. Unfortunately the updates of avg entry price and current market position come asynchronously from your broker. MultiCharts doesn’t filter them, otherwise it can lose some information. Symbol Mapping can also affect number of the duplicated lines (depends on the number of lines with the same instrument in Symbol Mapping window) in Position History tab.
It means “Open P/L” and Average Price @ Positions History tab shows the Open PnL and Average Price value for the symbol captured at the moment when position update has been received from the broker while your broker profile was connected. It does not show the closed P/L for the trade.

Please use the broker platform/statement or MultiCharts Trading Performance report to review the trading results.
The range of orders included in the Trading Performance Report depends on the chart data range. Once you have a chart plotted with the desired data range, open the chart trading panel, connect the broker profile and select the account you have used to place the orders, then go to View tab->Show Trading Performance Report.

If you want to see the historical orders stored in Order and position tracker Orders tab on a chart – please go to Format chart trading->make sure "Show historical orders is enabled".

For more information about the orders that can be seen in the report please refer to the following article:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=45424&p=99062#p99062

Return to “MultiCharts”