Green ticks and red ticks

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
hhuser

Green ticks and red ticks

Postby hhuser » 21 Mar 2014

Hi,

I'm sure this has been asked 1000 times before, but I've searched and can't find an answer.

I've just imported some ELDs from TS. Most of the indicators have a green tick against them. But a couple have a red tick. They seem to work and if I compile them it says all is OK. But what does the red tick mean?

Thanks

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: Green ticks and red ticks

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 21 Mar 2014

Hello hhuser,

The red tick means the indicator/signal/function has some keywords that are not implemented in MC at the moment. They are added to our PowerLanguage library so any code using them can be compiled, but they do nothing.

hhuser

How do I know which words are being ignored? When I compile it says everything is OK.

Thanks

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 21 Mar 2014

The only way to find out is to click on each word and then press F1 one by one. You will find the answer in the Help tab at bottom of PowerLanguage Editor.

hhuser

It seems to be 'switch' and 'symbolroot'. Does that sound right?

I can get around 'switch' with if/then/else statements. Does MC have an equivalent to 'symbolroot'?

Thanks

ABC

Postby ABC » 22 Mar 2014

Switch is supported by MC, the fact that a reserved word is not included in the help file doesn't mean that it's not supported by MC. Some are just not added, yet. Switch probably got forgotten as it's included in MC for some time already and I am sure MC will add it to one of the next revisions.

SymbolRoot indeed is not supported. As far as I know if a reserved word is red in PL Editor this is a clear sign that it's not supported.
SymbolRoot returns a string expression containing the root of the symbol based on the symbol type as follows:

•Futures - The future root symbol minus any month, year, or extension (such as .C, .D, .P)

•Stock and Index Options - The option root symbol that includes the leftmost portion of the complete stock or index option symbol prior to the space.

•Future Options - The option root symbol will always be a complete future symbol including the month, year, and extension (such as .C, .D, .P) if applicable.

•All Other - The complete symbol will be returned.

Regards,
ABC

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 25 Mar 2014

Switch and Case keywords are described now, thank you.

As for the SymbolRoot, please leave us such feature request.

Return to “MultiCharts”