Change of data range in chart -- results are displayed very

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
amadeu1

Change of data range in chart -- results are displayed very

Postby amadeu1 » 08 Apr 2014

When I load a signal on a lets say 10 year 5 min data chart and then i change the Data Range (start date) from lets say 2004 to 2005 then it takes forever to see the new results. To overcome that problem I make the Status OFF and then ON again in The Signal and then the results appear fast.

So how can you improve MC that when I change the data range settings in a chart the results of the signal appear faster ?

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: Change of data range in chart -- results are displayed v

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 08 Apr 2014

Hello amadeu1,
  • Are you sure there is no "Backfilling..." in the left top corner of the chart?
  • Do you use Bar Magnifier?
  • Do you use Extended Backtesting mode?

amadeu1

Postby amadeu1 » 09 Apr 2014

There is a backflilling .... on the chart but it takes forever. However while backfilling when i make the status OFF and ON again the backfilling etc goes much much faster. So some error there i think

I dont use Bar Mgnifier or extended backtesting

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 09 Apr 2014

There is a backflilling .... on the chart but it takes forever. However while backfilling when i make the status OFF and ON again the backfilling etc goes much much faster. So some error there i think
The status of an indicator/signal should not affect the speed of receiving/processing/displaying quotes. I also tested and did not see what you described. Are you able to reproduce the scenario in 100% of cases?

amadeu1

Postby amadeu1 » 16 Apr 2014

Sorry for the late reply but i was on vacation.

I went back and looked at what exactly happens:

Lets say you have two different session templates (one 08:00-12:00 and another 08:00 - 14:00)

I load a 8 year 5 minute chart and apply a signal and the first session template. This goes reasonably fast.
Then I change the session template in the chart to the second session template. I see then the backfilling.... in the left upper corner. But it takes a very long time until the buy and sell signals appear from the signal. Its much faster while it shows the "backfilling..." to make the status of the signal OFF and ON again.

Why is that ?

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 21 Apr 2014

If the issue still persists, please come to our live chat during working hours (6:30 am – 2:45 pm EST) to let our operators connect to your computer remotely and study the case.

amadeu1

Postby amadeu1 » 07 May 2014

I found out now that this happens only when i use markets where I use asccii Mapping in the QuoteManager. If i use markets where i import the data in a symbol (in quote manager) then it does not do that

Thanks

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 08 May 2014

ASCII mapping = data is not stored in MC database, it is in the ASCII files and it takes time to reload it into MC chart.

ASCII import = data is imported into and stored in MC database, it is plotted on chart much faster.

amadeu1

Postby amadeu1 » 09 May 2014

I do understand that -- but its still funny that the reload takes forever - but when i set the system to OFF from ON and then back to ON then it loads the data much faster

Anyways -- in another thread i asked whether i could do bulk import of ascii data into many symbols in quote manager - is there any way ?

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 12 May 2014

I do understand that -- but its still funny that the reload takes forever - but when i set the system to OFF from ON and then back to ON then it loads the data much faster
As i mentioned previously switching status of an indicator/signal from off to on should not affect the speed of receiving/processing/displaying quotes. If it does and you can easily reproduce it, please come to our live chat to demonstrate the behavior.
Anyways -- in another thread i asked whether i could do bulk import of ascii data into many symbols in quote manager - is there any way ?
Unfortunately at the moment there is now way to import multiple files, it is possible only with ASCII mapping.

Return to “MultiCharts”