Copy & Paste Issue in PL Editor - MC 8.8 Build 8967

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
eegroup

Copy & Paste Issue in PL Editor - MC 8.8 Build 8967

Postby eegroup » 08 Apr 2014

After upgrading to MC 8.8 Build 8967 (x64), the copy and paste functions quit working in the PowerLanguage Editor after a while, for some reason. Sometimes it occurs in 10 minutes, sometimes it may last up to an hour. When this occurs, the keystrokes Ctrl-C / Ctrl-V are inoperable. The right-click dropdown menu selections of Copy and Paste are inoperable. The menu selections of Edit --> Copy and Edit --> Paste are inoperable.

When this occurs in the PLE, in all other applications (Office, Notepad, IE, Chrome, etc.), the copy and paste functions still work properly.

The only solution that I have found that resets the capability in the PLE is to reboot my system, which is a real PITA. That solution only lasts for a while, however.

This was not an issue with the MC 8.8 Build 8593 x64 release.

I am running a Win 7 Ultimate SP1 OS.

Have others reported this issue? Is there a workaround for the issue? Is there something specific that may exist on my system that may be causing this issue? How do I keep from losing the copy and paste functions in the PLE?

Any assistance that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
EEGroup

evdl

Re: Copy & Paste Issue in PL Editor - MC 8.8 Build 8967

Postby evdl » 08 Apr 2014

Yes, this happend a couple of times.

When copy pasting in PLE, the editor hangs and the only thing you can do is force windows to close the pleeditor.exe (this is not the exactname, but hope you know what I mean) with ctrl/alt/del in program manager.

All the work you had done without saving is then lost. So I use the save button a lot. Did not have the time to check if this is something with MC or with my Pc. But now that I read this, maybe MC can have a check on this.

eegroup

Postby eegroup » 08 Apr 2014

Thanks for your reply, evdl. Much appreciated!

I think, as you do, this is related to MC and not the OS. I have checked most of the OS issues that could be causing a similar issue and they are all fine. And as mentioned in my original post, it only happens in the PLE, nowhere else.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 11 Apr 2014

Hello eegroup,

That is less likely that MultiCharts is the reason of this behavior. Do you have any keystroke logging applications in your system?
Have you tried to roll back MultiCharts to the previous version? Does it solve this issue?

Return to “MultiCharts”