Incompatibilities between LMAX and MultiCharts

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
StratMan

Incompatibilities between LMAX and MultiCharts

Postby StratMan » 19 Apr 2014

For over six months, I see the following bugs:

1) Regularly, and almost every day there was a time when the LMAX tick data is not received on the graph, while the flow remains active on the watchlist window. Of course, automated trading strategies then become blocked and ineffective, even when orders are open. Only restarting MultiCharts can restore normal behavior. (Of course, the logs are sent every time to TSS in order they fix this bug...)

2) I use 2 different computers, with 2 MultiCharts licenses on the same LMAX real time data feed account. There were huge differences between the ticks data received real time on these two different PCs, but with the same live account data feed (making it impossible the development of automated trading strategy ...).
The funny thing is that the technical teams LMAX tell me that this is normal :-) !
"... the data between two computers can also differ. It is impossible for any software to receive every single tick that we send, therefore some of the ticks get missed. It will vary from computer to computer, and it can also depend on the internet connection. It is a very natural process. If the client refreshes the charts and downloads historical data, the charts should be identical if the process has been correctly completed." I guess that's a joke, probably the famous British humor!
(Of course, the download of historical data is identical on the 2 computers...)

3) When the bug #1 is not active, and while everything seems to work fine, I see that there is a significant delay (which can be up to several minutes) between the timestamp of the tick and its reception in QuoteManager. After confirming that this was not due to a malfunction of MultiCharts, I found that this defect had miraculously disappeared just after TSS has contacted LMAX, but at the same time the data flow showed a delay of "only" 2 to 3 minutes (by comparison with the time stamp of ticks). In short, or LMAX sends ticks data with 2-3 minutes late or QuoteManager needs 2 to 3 minutes to receive and/or compute LMAX ticks data ;-)

There are other unacceptable malfunctions such as executions of orders at prices that was never reached, but this remains consistent with the undeniable price manipulation.

I have many other negative quote about LMAX points, but my goal is not to write a test bench.

On all these issues with LMAX, I can not count the number of log that I sent to TSS, or the number of "days" in remote control and live chat.

In recent years, I tested FXCM until TSS tells me that the issues concerning FXCM API will not be supported in MultiCharts anymore (june 2013). So following the advice of TSS, I switched on an account with LMAX, which is absolutely unusable for trading on real account.

So question : is it possible to trade forex with MultiCharts?
As it is not either with FXCM, or with LMAX, then does it exist a serious forex broker accessible with MultiCharts?

Thanks in advance,

Smoky

Re: Incompatibilities between LMAX and MultiCharts

Postby Smoky » 19 Apr 2014

Hi StratMan, very interesting things !

did you open quotemanager ? make a test with quotemanager not open ;)

drawing charts take time, i never lose a tick writing them on file with all indicators values.

please can you tell me if you have issue with DRM with yours two licences, did your PC are on same LAN ? what release did you use ?

Many thanks for your anwser ;)

(Of course, the logs are sent every time to TSS in order they fix this bug...) ? what do they do ?

I also have 2 licences, and i never see what you explain in bug 1, my datas in PC 1 are equal to datas in PC 2. (if you want i can make tests with log files in tick/tick with hight resolution clock ;) on my 2 PCs )

How many charts did you draw ? don't forget that you have only one thread by chart and his indicators.

PM me if you want help ;)

StratMan

Postby StratMan » 20 Apr 2014

Hi Smoky,

- The tests were performed with QuoteManager opened and with QuoteManager closed...
In fact, this is when I noticed that my 2 computers do not show the same Strategy Performance Report (for the same strategy applied to the same LMAX real account data feed...), so I found using QuoteManager, real time data were different on two computers. Note that I only use Ticks data, so that these differences are certainly not detectable in daily bars or even hourly bars... It is by checking ticks data that I then found that the timestamp was largely late ...

- I have not had any issue with DRM.

- The 2 PCs are not on the same LAN. One is a dedicated server based at my hosting provider in a data center and the second one is a dedicated computer in an other place, connected to the Internet via ADSL link.

- I always use the latest version of MC, as soon as it is available for download and always the same version on each computer.

- Here is a sample of answer from TSS :
"We did receive your logs. They have been forwarded to the engineers for investigation. I will get back to you as soon as there is an update.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact MultiCharts."

But I don't know what they do with my logs after more than 6 months :-P

- When there is the bug #1, so MultiCharts must be restarted, and most of the case the data are reloaded (or must be reloaded due to a big gap in the data base), and in that case, as I said, the historical data is always identical on both computers ! Thank you to LMAX has a single historical database per account ! :-)
(Of course, the data from demo account is not the same as for real account !)
(And data from one LMAX Introducing Broker could be different from one other LMAX introducing Broker depending on the fees rule of the IB ;-))

- I can draw up to 6 or 8 charts, but the bugs are confirmed with a single chart, as this is done by TSS during remote control sessions.
If you do not have differences between your two computers, differences confirmed and justified by LMAX ! :-D, it may be that you use a demo account or a bigger time frame ? ...
In my case, it is a real account for data feed and I use chart based on a single instrument expressed in 3 different resolutions : 5 Range bars Bid, 1 minute Ask and 1 minute Bid on the same chart.
I use only one indicator : (close data2 - close data3)*pricescale/10
This allowed me to see that this indicator was supplied when the chart was frozen .
And of course, the bug #1 comes when MultiCharts is on Automated Trading SA Mode, whether on demo account or real account.

I hope I have answered all your questions.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 20 Apr 2014

Hi Stratman,
- The tests were performed with QuoteManager opened and with QuoteManager closed...
In fact, this is when I noticed that my 2 computers do not show the same Strategy Performance Report (for the same strategy applied to the same LMAX real account data feed...), so I found using QuoteManager, real time data were different on two computers. Note that I only use Ticks data, so that these differences are certainly not detectable in daily bars or even hourly bars... It is by checking ticks data that I then found that the timestamp was largely late ...
My PCs run 24/24 and 5/7 stategies, I also use Tick/Tick datas and i write a file (indicators datas) on my ssd on each tick ! never see freeze or gap. I works with GBP/USD on 2 PC but with 2 stategies but same tick/tick log file.

- I have not had any issue with DRM.
- The 2 PCs are not on the same LAN
ok not same public IP ! dual licences works.
(Of course, the data from demo account is not the same as for real account !)

True ! with real account we have ten time more tick ! than demo account
If you do not have differences between your two computers, differences confirmed and justified by LMAX ! :-D, it may be that you use a demo account or a bigger time frame ? ...

I think LMAX don't want to lose time with MC users. My two PC have exacly the same latency and
may be 1 or 2 ticks are be sooner or later with second PC... Next time we have bug 1 it'll be a good idea to tell me when he arrived and pehaps i will see a hole in my log file ?
I hope I have answered all your questions.

Yes, many Thanks

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 21 Apr 2014

I think StratMan you going to be happy, it is not LMAX fault!

I can reproduce your bug number 1 very easily.

I'm working on load balancing with two internet access providers, a server PC and a software "http://www.connectify.me/dispatch/" when your primary ISP connection falls the second ISP takes control and Multicharts take a lot of time to connect again!

the connection broker is the first to come back, and you see P/L update on chart (the stategy was buying when I cut ISP No 1) without refresh datas ticks, and well after (long time) you see the first tick arrive on charts displaying a big gap !

I make others tests with harware to see if MC fall down when one ISP is down.

May be help MC team ...

StratMan

Postby StratMan » 21 Apr 2014

Hello Smoky,
Thank you for this message !
I always thought that bug # 1 was entirely due to MC.
It is the responsibility of MC to exploit the data stream correctly, even if the LMAX server takes a break from time to time.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 21 Apr 2014

It is the responsibility of MC to exploit the data stream correctly, even if the LMAX server takes a break from time to time.
yes of course !

sometime to time runing Quotemanager (not runing at starup ;) ) help Multicharts to refresh charts ...

AlphaCat

Postby AlphaCat » 21 Apr 2014

I have placed hundreds of orders using MC.net and lmax - and for me it works 100% reliably, both mc and lmax.

But i do not use any charts and only use MC for manual order entry - so i have only MC DOM windows and order-blotters open. At least that part works fine (realtime data in DOM and order processing).

AlphaCat

Postby AlphaCat » 21 Apr 2014

By the way, there is a lmax blog entry about marketdata problems. Not sure if it has anything to do with your issue tho.

http://blogs.lmax.com/business-and-tech ... eally-eat/

StratMan

Postby StratMan » 21 Apr 2014

Thank you AlphaCat,

Me too, if I use MultiCharts with LMAX without signal and without charts and without auto trading, so everything works fine ! ;-)

But unfortunately I use MultiCharts only for automated trading, so with charts, with signal and with the Auto trading SA Mode On...

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 22 Apr 2014

hello,
I do not think there are many people here who use automated trading, otherwise a lot of things would be done to control Multicharts since Powerlangage (line broker lose, lose datafeed, lose DRM, orders flow, all in Powerlangage flags! MQL4 which is an old lady has more features than MC! (in auto trading). GetAppInfo(Attribute) is just starting with interesting flag ....

For me the future is a black box with a super language, with high speed optimized programming, very close to the broker API. EasyLangage like (don't want to lose 10 years of tools and coding lines)

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 22 Apr 2014

Dear users,

Let me address your questions in order.
For over six months, I see the following bugs:
1) Regularly, and almost every day there was a time when the LMAX tick data is not received on the graph, while the flow remains active on the watchlist window. Of course, automated trading strategies then become blocked and ineffective, even when orders are open. Only restarting MultiCharts can restore normal behavior. (Of course, the logs are sent every time to TSS in order they fix this bug...)
Hello Smoky,
Thank you for this message !
I always thought that bug # 1 was entirely due to MC.
This issue is not on MultiCharts end. We have already spent significant amount of time and resources for analysis of this issue as well as for the development of workarounds/solutions suggested by LMAX directly - none of them are working due to the reasons outside of MultiCharts application.
The funny thing is that the technical teams LMAX tell me that this is normal :-) !
"... the data between two computers can also differ. It is impossible for any software to receive every single tick that we send, therefore some of the ticks get missed. It will vary from computer to computer, and it can also depend on the internet connection. It is a very natural process. If the client refreshes the charts and downloads historical data, the charts should be identical if the process has been correctly completed."
This is the question to LMAX.
3) When the bug #1 is not active, and while everything seems to work fine, I see that there is a significant delay (which can be up to several minutes) between the timestamp of the tick and its reception in QuoteManager. After confirming that this was not due to a malfunction of MultiCharts, I found that this defect had miraculously disappeared just after TSS has contacted LMAX, but at the same time the data flow showed a delay of "only" 2 to 3 minutes (by comparison with the time stamp of ticks). In short, or LMAX sends ticks data with 2-3 minutes late or QuoteManager needs 2 to 3 minutes to receive and/or compute LMAX ticks data ;-)
What do you mean exactly? Are you comparing the data on the chat with the data that can be seen in QuoteManager->Edit data? Are you using "Collect RT data w/o plotting" feature?
There are other unacceptable malfunctions such as executions of orders at prices that was never reached, but this remains consistent with the undeniable price manipulation.
MultiCharts is not directly involved into the process of filling the order and determining the time and price to fill. Once the order is generated in MultiCharts with certain parameters – it is sent to the broker. The broker processes the order and fills it or rejects it. The broker is in charge of order execution price, time and order status report.
- Here is a sample of answer from TSS :
"We did receive your logs. They have been forwarded to the engineers for investigation. I will get back to you as soon as there is an update.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact MultiCharts."

But I don't know what they do with my logs after more than 6 months :-P
That is not correct. All of your inquiries were analyzed and replied in a timely manner. Probably you are referring to the fact that overall investigation of different LMAX issues you have continues for 6 months. We are sorry that it takes so long to investigate these issues but unfortunately MultiCharts is not the only one who needs to address this behavior. We can reassure you that we have done everything possible from our end to help you.

AlphaCat

Postby AlphaCat » 22 Apr 2014

re #1: if the data is displayed correctly in the watchlists, but not in charts, how would this be a lmax issue? Obviously the data made it to the local machine and the watchlist, just not into the chart..

StratMan

Postby StratMan » 22 Apr 2014

I confirm that the bug # 1 is characterized by a cessation of data on the graph, but the continuation of data on the watchlist and the indicator 'spread' : (close data2 - close data3)*pricescale/10
In such a case, logic tends to conclude that LMAX sends data, but MC does not display on the graph ...

In any case, I'm the one who for more than 6 months can not use MC to perform an automatic strategy on the market!

So question : is it possible to trade forex with MultiCharts? (I mean in automated trading mode ! Not manually ! ;-))
As it is not either with FXCM, or with LMAX, then does it exist a serious forex broker accessible with MultiCharts?

Thanks in advance,

AlphaCat

Postby AlphaCat » 22 Apr 2014

There is always interactive brokers..

Henry MultiСharts

re #1: if the data is displayed correctly in the watchlists, but not in charts, how would this be a lmax issue? Obviously the data made it to the local machine and the watchlist, just not into the chart..
This behavior is caused by the solution suggested by LMAX. It will be removed in MultiCharts 8.8 Release 4.

Henry MultiСharts

So question : is it possible to trade forex with MultiCharts? (I mean in automated trading mode ! Not manually ! ;-))
Thanks in advance,
Of course that is possible. Supported security types for each data provider and availability of broker service can be found here: Supported security types page
You can always use the Symbol Mapping to link the chart of a data provider different from a broker.

StratMan

Postby StratMan » 23 Apr 2014

Just to illustrate, a screenshot of the daily bug.
Attachments
140423_MC-lmax-bug.jpg
(263.47 KiB) Downloaded 6098 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 23 Apr 2014

StratMan, please download the following updater for LMAX feed: for MC 64 bit
Please unzip the file and follow the installation guide:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... an_Updater
Let me know how it goes with the updater.

StratMan

Postby StratMan » 24 Apr 2014

Henry, from what I see so far, this new dll does not properly handle handshaking with LMAX: orders are 'doubled' (confirmed by Order and Position Tracker / Strategy Positions / Positions Match = FALSE)

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 24 Apr 2014

Henry, from what I see so far, this new dll does not properly handle handshaking with LMAX: orders are 'doubled' (confirmed by Order and Position Tracker / Strategy Positions / Positions Match = FALSE)
What do you mean by "orders are 'doubled'" ? Do you mean that when an order is generated by the signal - there are two orders sent to the broker? Or the order has x2 quantity?

StratMan

I mean that 2 orders are sent to the broker.
Attachments
140423_Ordres doubles.jpg
(84.13 KiB) Downloaded 6075 times
140423_Ordres doubles_B.jpg
(80.61 KiB) Downloaded 6072 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 24 Apr 2014

The DLL we have provided affects the data connection only. Please make sure your script works properly. If you still have the issue-please come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 3 pm EST to demonstrate it.

StratMan

This is the same signal that I use for more than 6 months ... ;-)

There is no doubt that the double execution is a novelty occurred just after changing dll.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 24 Apr 2014

Hi StratMan,

I can help you, if you want i make a test on one of my PC with this dll (if Henri is okfor this )

StratMan

Hello Smoky,

Thank you very much for your proposal.
If you can test this dll, it will allow me to know if I'm the only one to notice anomalies in automated trading! ;-)

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 25 Apr 2014

Done !

StratMan

Postby StratMan » 28 Apr 2014

Even with the new dll, the LMAX disconnection bug is still active.

As every night at 9 pm GMT, LMAX takes a break in sending data.
And after this break, in most cases, MC will not restart when LMAX sends the data again.
This is still the case tonight ...

Henry, do you consider that this is acceptable behavior?
What can I do more than send the log after the crash?
How many logs must I send for this bug is fixed?

Is it possible that MC works with LMAX within a reasonable time or should I abandon the project using LMAX with MC?

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 29 Apr 2014

Hi Stratman , did use wireless lan ? take a look at your windows events log, do you have dhcp issue ?

I have made a small tool to ping LMAX server every second and writing hours and date of losing connexion. Tell me if you want to test with it.

In my side, I replace wifi by a switch and cables. On my two PC no issue yesterday at 9 PM GMT.

I can show you my Tick/tick files without any hole in the timing datas.

I hope this help you...

StratMan

Postby StratMan » 29 Apr 2014

Hi Smoky,

Thanks for your message.
The problem occurs on a dedicated server that is located at my hosting provider (It's the number one hosting provider in Europe) in a data center.

So, no wireless LAN but a direct connexion to the internet.

StratMan

Postby StratMan » 29 Apr 2014

the daily bug of 9 pm GMT has struck again.
Logs are sent to TSS...

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 02 May 2014

(...)
As every night at 9 pm GMT, LMAX takes a break in sending data.
And after this break, in most cases, MC will not restart when LMAX sends the data again.
This is still the case tonight ...

(...)

Is it possible that MC works with LMAX within a reasonable time or should I abandon the project using LMAX with MC?
If I may suggest something, you say that MC not restarts, like in the updating of the chart? If you reload the chart after it has stopped, does it then continue as normal?

If so, as a workaround you could create an indicator with RecalcLastBarAfter and CommandLine("") with the `.rld` command. Since this issue happens for you at a specific time, you could set such an indicator to reload your LMAX chart automatically at 9:03 PM, for example.

Perhaps this could serve as a temporary workaround.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 02 May 2014

(...)

Perhaps this could serve as a temporary workaround.
Another way is to start Quotemanager ;) and close it after some minutes. (For next startup on next day ...)

MC would have two flags : 1) for datafeed link 2) for broker link

like this Image

and PowerLangage do have keywords to know link's flags .....

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 02 May 2014

Another way is to start Quotemanager ;) and close it after some minutes. (For next startup on next day ...)
Ah okay, in that case a potential workaround might also be to auto-launch/close the QuoteManager through Windows Task Planner. I don't know if a manual workaround would be a good temporarily workaround, since StratMan uses a dedicated server.

like this

What are link's flags?

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 05 May 2014

like this

What are link's flags?

You have a picture, MC can have two links with servers,

1 for datafeed (for charts datas)
2 for broker (sending orders)

it would be very interesting to know how these links are ! (ON/OFF)

StratMan

Postby StratMan » 06 May 2014

If I may suggest something, you say that MC not restarts, like in the updating of the chart? If you reload the chart after it has stopped, does it then continue as normal?

If so, ...
Thanks JoshM for this idea, but when the bug occurs, MC is not able to reload data... "reloading" is displayed on the chart without any reload, until I need to close all the MC instances and restart them...

That's what I just did at 21 GMT when the daily bug appeared.

For your information, I was connected to the remote server to watch live dysfunction, which means that my server was easily accessible, the internet connexion had not fallen, which removes this hypothesis supported by LMAX ...

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 07 May 2014

Hi Stratman,

I also have problems with LMAX interface, MC don't manages the load-balancing and fail-over !
(After one hour one live chat I give a control to Christina to share LMAX issue with MC team)

@ JoshM
Reload data is not good ! like i was on line with MC support I was on the market with an open position and you can't reload datas without swithching auto-trading OFF !

where is automatic trading if I am in front of my screen
1) to stop the auto-trading
2) to reload the chart
3) to return to auto-trading

all manualy ????

there is always an issue about handshaking with LMAX server (may be other data feeds)
when a MC querry have no answer, should I send another request an alleged cut line or attempt to make a new connection ?

StratMan

Postby StratMan » 08 May 2014

Just a small clarification: when MultiCharts does not crash after the break of LMAX, it still lacks the data that did not happen during the 5 minutes break ...

If the problem comes from LMAX, the missing 5 minutes should be reloaded automatically by MultiCharts ?...

How LMAX can be considered by TSS as a forex broker 'MultiCharts compatible' with such a malfunction ?

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 09 May 2014

not any chance

Here you find my log about my LMAX connection issue

Code: Select all

09/05/2014 12:11:55:34 UTC , 1 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:11:57:73 UTC , 2 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:12:00:10 UTC , 3 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:12:02:46 UTC , 4 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:12:04:83 UTC , 5 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:12:07:18 UTC , 6 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:12:09:54 UTC , 7 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:12:11:91 UTC , 8 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:12:13:94 UTC , 9 , my IP ? ? ? ? ? BAD LMAX PING ! cut ISP 1 LINE
09/05/2014 12:12:22:47 UTC , 10 , my IP ? ? ? ? ? BAD LMAX PING !
09/05/2014 12:12:24:98 UTC , 11 , XXX.XXX.177.11 good lmax ping Router swith to ISP 2 -> new IP
09/05/2014 12:12:27:50 UTC , 12 , XXX.XXX.177.11 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:12:29:99 UTC , 13 , XXX.XXX.177.11 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:12:32:50 UTC , 14 , XXX.XXX.177.11 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:12:35:1 UTC , 15 , XXX.XXX.177.11 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:12:37:53 UTC , 16 , XXX.XXX.177.11 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:12:40:4 UTC , 17 , XXX.XXX.177.11 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:12:42:55 UTC , 18 , XXX.XXX.177.11 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:12:45:9 UTC , 19 , XXX.XXX.177.11 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:12:47:60 UTC , 20 , XXX.XXX.177.11 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:12:50:12 UTC , 21 , XXX.XXX.177.11 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:12:52:63 UTC , 22 , XXX.XXX.177.11 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:12:55:14 UTC , 23 , XXX.XXX.177.11 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:12:57:51 UTC , 24 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping ISP 1 GOOD AGAIN
09/05/2014 12:12:59:87 UTC , 25 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:13:02:24 UTC , 26 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:13:04:61 UTC , 27 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:13:06:96 UTC , 28 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:13:09:32 UTC , 29 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:13:11:69 UTC , 30 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:13:14:5 UTC , 31 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:13:16:42 UTC , 32 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:13:18:79 UTC , 33 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:13:21:14 UTC , 34 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:13:23:51 UTC , 35 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:13:26:81 UTC , 36 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:13:29:18 UTC , 37 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:13:31:53 UTC , 38 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:13:33:90 UTC , 39 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:13:36:26 UTC , 40 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:13:38:62 UTC , 41 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:13:40:97 UTC , 42 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:13:44:98 UTC , 43 , my IP ? ? ? ? ? BAD LMAX PING ! ISP 1 OFF
09/05/2014 12:13:47:1 UTC , 44 , my IP ? ? ? ? ? BAD LMAX PING !
09/05/2014 12:13:53:45 UTC , 45 , XXX.XXX.177.11 BAD LMAX PING ! backup isp by cisco
09/05/2014 12:13:59:89 UTC , 46 , XXX.XXX.177.11 BAD LMAX PING !
09/05/2014 12:14:05:90 UTC , 47 , XXX.XXX.177.11 BAD LMAX PING !
09/05/2014 12:14:11:89 UTC , 48 , XXX.XXX.177.11 BAD LMAX PING !
09/05/2014 12:14:17:90 UTC , 49 , XXX.XXX.177.11 BAD LMAX PING !
09/05/2014 12:14:20:41 UTC , 50 , XXX.XXX.177.11 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:14:22:92 UTC , 51 , XXX.XXX.177.11 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:14:25:42 UTC , 52 , XXX.XXX.177.11 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:14:50:24 UTC , 53 , XXX.XXX.177.11 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:14:52:79 UTC , 54 , XXX.XXX.177.11 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:14:55:31 UTC , 55 , XXX.XXX.177.11 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:14:57:82 UTC , 56 , XXX.XXX.177.11 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:15:00:34 UTC , 57 , XXX.XXX.177.11 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:15:02:86 UTC , 58 , XXX.XXX.177.11 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:15:05:35 UTC , 59 , XXX.XXX.177.11 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:15:07:85 UTC , 60 , XXX.XXX.177.11 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:15:10:34 UTC , 61 , XXX.XXX.177.11 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:15:12:84 UTC , 62 , XXX.XXX.177.11 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:15:36:1 UTC , 63 , http my IP fail good lmax ping ISP 2 OFF router swith to ISP 1
09/05/2014 12:15:38:38 UTC , 64 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:15:40:73 UTC , 65 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:15:43:14 UTC , 66 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:15:46:71 UTC , 67 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:15:51:12 UTC , 68 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:15:53:49 UTC , 69 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:15:57:92 UTC , 70 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:16:00:28 UTC , 71 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:16:04:73 UTC , 72 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:16:07:8 UTC , 73 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:16:11:51 UTC , 74 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:16:15:97 UTC , 75 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:16:18:31 UTC , 76 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:16:21:56 UTC , 77 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:16:25:27 UTC , 78 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:16:28:72 UTC , 79 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:16:32:12 UTC , 80 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping
09/05/2014 12:16:35:27 UTC , 81 , XXX.XXX.93.61 good lmax ping
it's better with your new dll but sometime MC totaly freeze and I have to use taskmanager
to close it !
Some time to time datafeed come back, but broker link is always out !

During all my morning tests broker link never connect with isp 2 ! or conect back with isp 1

StratMan

Postby StratMan » 09 May 2014

Okay, so TSS do you plan to make MultiCharts compatible with LMAX? or do you recommend to forget LMAX for trading with MultiCharts?

Smoky

Hi StratMan,
I have made a small video with MC and another trading platform who use the same LMAX API than MC, side by side on the same Notebook.

Take a look about connection lose and how other software connect again rapidly when MC freeze.

http://we.tl/vJ1AA4aWeZ

side by side is the best way to understand how softwares works on network failures

hughesfleming

Postby hughesfleming » 09 May 2014

This problem is very interesting to me. I have not had any issues so far. Is this only with auto trading?

I am using the .net version of Multicharts.

Alex

StratMan

Thank you Smoky for this demonstration.

Now, the whole question is whether there is or not a forex broker with which MultiCharts is compatible!

Because if I understand the posts on this forum, there are similar problems with IB or MB Trading, other problems with Dukascopy, still others with OEC, ditto with Avatrade...

So is it possible to use MultiCharts for automatic trading on forex account or is it only for development and backtest 'off line' of strategies ?

If there is someone who use MultiCharts (not the .net version but the classic one) with a forex broker, in automatic trading mode, on a small time frames like 5 ranges bars or 1 minute, please tell me what broker you use ! ;-)
Last edited by StratMan on 09 May 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Smoky

Hi Hughesfleming,

yes for everyone, but if you trade 24/24 5/7 you will certainly have connections issue with your broker.

@Henry , i am ready to try any new dll to makes network tests

Smoky

LOL you have a Thanks button ;)
Video = easy to read = easy to understand ( may be ) = easy to correct

If there is someone who use MultiCharts (not the .net version but the classic one) with a forex broker, in automatic trading mode, on a small time frames like 5 ranges bars or 1 minute, please tell me what broker you use ! ;-)
Good question, need good answer, it to late for me I already have real accounts with LMAX :(
I hope MC team is working on these bugs...

StratMan

Good question, need good answer, it to late for me I already have real accounts with LMAX :(
I also have real accounts at LMAX, but if I cannot use them with MultiCharts, then I shall do as with my FXCM accounts, I'll close them all...

That's why I need to know if I can use MultiCharts to trade Forex or if it's only to trade all the other markets except the Forex...

andywill

Postby andywill » 10 May 2014

LOL you have a Thanks button ;)
Video = easy to read = easy to understand ( may be ) = easy to correct

Hello,

I want a stable solution between Multicharts and LMAX also please !
Thank you Multicharts support for considering this issue.

Sincerely,
Andy

Bentley Wilburforce

Postby Bentley Wilburforce » 10 May 2014

Can someone from multicharts tell us of a broker that can be traded with automatically without these data reconnection problems? Any broker, we only need one!

Thanks.
Ben

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 10 May 2014

we only need one!
Hi Ben,
Lmax for me is the best broker in the world, for automatic trading :

- no requote
- low commissions
- Low latency execution
- small spread