Loading external data in MultiCharts

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Laurent

Loading external data in MultiCharts

Postby Laurent » 20 Apr 2014

I want to trade cryptocurrencies via the Ripple network (https://ripple.com/payment-network/).

I fetch the cryptoccurencies data (price, volume, order book) via their websocket protocol and I store everything in a mongodb/couchdb database.

Now I would be able to use that stored data as a feed for MultiCharts.
Is there a way to do it? On MT4 it seems possible to do a MQL proxy and then to affect your data to the right TimeSeries (close, open, ...)

Is it possible to do something similar in MultiCharts?
For example a way to connect to a proxy via a TCP connection, then getting the data and loading it in a MultiCharts chart?

JoshM

Re: Loading external data in MultiCharts

Postby JoshM » 20 Apr 2014

For example a way to connect to a proxy via a TCP connection, then getting the data and loading it in a MultiCharts chart?
That might be tricky, since that would require a database connection so that the data is inserted into the database, and MC can load the chart from there. MC uses Firebird (open source), so you might look into that.

You could also make a DDEApp together with MC's universal DDE, which however does have some limitations (see the wiki page).

Can you keep us updated? It will be interesting to hear if your project succeeds and through which way. :) Thanks!

Laurent

Postby Laurent » 20 Apr 2014

Thanks for your answer JoshM.
Presently the following field types are not supported: Time, Open, High, Low, Close, Total Volume, The program receives ticks only and assigns the current system time to them. Sometimes the tick's real time may differ from the assigned one due to delay
I'm not sure DDE can be really used by the community with such limitations... :(

For Firebird, why not, you need to insert your data in the Firebird database.
But how will it be refreshed on the chart? Automatically? Any insides for the format of the tables used by MultiCharts?

Where are the Firebird files associated to the database? I don't find them.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 22 Apr 2014

Hello Laurent,

You will need to develop your own data provider for MultiCharts in order to stream data from your own database into MultiCharts. Please contact us directly if you are interested in such solution.

There is a prebuilt solution for streaming data (historical and realtime) using ASCII mapping. It creates a link from the software to the ASCII file with data. ASCII mapping does not import data into MultiCharts database (Edit data window of QuoteManager will be empty). Each time you plot an ASCII mapping symbol-the data is taken from the file directly. That is possible to map multiple ASCII files at the same time. You do not need to create ASCII mapping instrument manually-it is created automatically upon mapping.
That is possible to change settings for multiple instruments in one go after they are created/files are mapped.
More information: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... ping_ASCII

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 06 Jun 2014

Did you solve this Laurent? I'm very interested to know which solution you end up making for this problem.

Return to “MultiCharts”