For anyone autotrading

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
drwar

For anyone autotrading

Postby drwar » 18 Jan 2008

LastbaronChart has a serious bug in it. Since I let them know about this in November of last year , I assumed it would be fixed by the next beta. I have been informed it will not. If your autotrading and use lastbaronchart to filter out history data from your trades you need to be aware that this can cause trades not to be taken when they should causing what would appear to be slippage.
My way of thinking is that if you have a bug that would effect peoples money you either fix it real fast or inform everyone about it. They have chosen to do nieither.

J~

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 18 Jan 2008

Deare drwar,

I am afraid there have been a misunderstanding regarding the LastBarOnChart. This particular feature works FINE in MultiCharts and there is NO such a bug. The problem that you've been discussing with our software engineers in private correspondence has nothing to do with LastBarOnChart.

We would appreciate if you would not claim that the problem exists, until there is a detailed proof and test results.

Regards.

P.S. To clarify all the points, the problem you are referring to is not actually a problem. It's just the program's behaviour different from TS's behaviour that only manifests itself with the option "Update on Every Tick" is turned off.

drwar

[quote]Deare drwar,

I am afraid there have been a misunderstanding regarding the LastBarOnChart. This particular feature works FINE in MultiCharts and there is NO such a bug. The problem that you've been discussing with our software engineers in private correspondence has nothing to do with LastBarOnChart.

We would appreciate if you would not claim that the problem exists, until there is a detailed proof and test results.

Regards.[/quote]

The problem exists and it has absolutely everything to do with lastbaronchart having a bug. You so much admitted there was a bug to be fixed in it in this thread. http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?p=16506
I have sent detailed proof of this last november to your engineers. For you to claim otherwise is dishonest. Lastbaronchart in MC will not match the results of Lastbaronchart in TS. I have detailed proof and test results and I will gladly dig out the proof and post it here. Don't try and claim now there is no problem when you know otherwise, your starting to sound like TS support.

J~

Marina Pashkova

Dear drwar,

LastBarOnChart works fine when UpdateOnEveryTick is turned on. When it's turned off it works differently from TS. This difference in behaviour can be considered a bug. But it's just a specific case of a more general functionality. Not every user uses this feature the way you do. This is why it's unfair to claim that autotrading works incorrectly.

If Update on Every Tick is turned on - and this is exactly the way most users trade - there are no problems with Lastbaronchart.

Regarding your issue: it will be fixed as soon as we have enough resources to allocate to work on this problem.

Regards.

Marina Pashkova

P.S. I just consulted our software engineers once again. According to our roadmap, the autotrading behavior you are talking about will be changed in the 2nd beta of the new MC version - to match the behavior in TS.

Best regards.

drwar

[quote]Dear drwar,

If Update on Every Tick is turned on - and this is exactly the way most users trade - there are no problems with Lastbaronchart.

Regards.[/quote]

You mean the thing you tell everyone to turn off must be turned on to bog down our processors. and I am not sure I agree with that statement anyway. It seems to me I remember the same problem existing whether update every tick was on or off. I will retest and post the results.

J~

Return to “MultiCharts”