Nice feature wanted

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Januson

Nice feature wanted

Postby Januson » 19 Jan 2008

It could be very nice that the name of the workspace could be dynamically linked with the instrument name. My Workspaces are named something like Klinger1, Klinger2 etc. and Screen1, Screen2 where Klinger1 is linked together with Screen2... But the naming is very confusing and often I can't remember exactly what instrument there is at which Workspace.

Could be nice just to link it dynamically with instrument name or either keep it static... flexibility is the keyword :)

But I'm a very happy user besides that 8) Thank you for a nice product, I've earned a lot of money with this tool here :wink:

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 21 Jan 2008

Hi Januson,

The problem with linking the workspace name with the instrument name is that you might have multiple charts for different instruments within the workspace which would create problems trying to choose the instrument to base the name on.

What you could do is just to name worskpaces using the relevant instrument names.

Also, in future MC versions, it will be possible to change a workspace name by right-clicking on this workspace's tab.

Regards.

Januson

Postby Januson » 21 Jan 2008

Not necessarily, you should just add right click menu to the tab and through that be able to select the linking color (just as you normally link charts together)

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 22 Jan 2008

Hi Janusen,

I am not sure how you would like to have this feature implemented. Could you please elaborate on your idea?

Thank you.

Januson

Postby Januson » 26 Jan 2008

Hello Marina

Glad you asked...
I've a couple of suggestions. The first one is before mentioned linked via color.
Take a look a attachment linkedtab, linkedtab1 and linkedtab2. This could possibly lead into some tabs with the same friendly names (the underlying saved names should be left unchanged)

The best solution imho, would be to create a friendly naming pattern i.e.

{symbol} {resolution} {data source} [static text]

This way it could be customized 100% by the user.. Take a look at the attachments:
tabpattern ->> where user creates the pattern
tabpattern1 ->> in runtime :)

Okay... This is just some early thoughts.. I hope you see the picture :)

Thank you for listening.
Attachments
linked_tab.gif
This is showing the normal link selector
(36.28 KiB) Downloaded 639 times
linked_tab1.gif
This is showing the link selector at workspace/ tab
(63.42 KiB) Downloaded 647 times
linked_tab2.gif
This is showing a linked workspace/ tab name in runtime
(50.68 KiB) Downloaded 638 times
tabpattern.gif
This is showing the fully customizable friendly workspace/ tab name
(55.44 KiB) Downloaded 651 times
tabpattern1.gif
This is showing a customized workspace name in runtime
(51.07 KiB) Downloaded 664 times

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 28 Jan 2008

Hello Januson,

Thank you for the details. I will pass the imformation on to our software engineers to see if this feature can be implemented.

Best regards.

billco

Postby billco » 24 Feb 2008

Hello Januson,

Thank you for the details. I will pass the imformation on to our software engineers to see if this feature can be implemented.

Best regards.

Is there a way to change the order/sequence of the workspace tabs at the bottom of the main window?

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 25 Feb 2008

Unfortunately it is not possible yet, but we will definitely do it in the future.

billco

Postby billco » 25 Feb 2008

Unfortunately it is not possible yet, but we will definitely do it in the future.

Thanks.

Return to “MultiCharts”