indicator to draw trend line???  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Sinatra Fan

indicator to draw trend line???

Postby Sinatra Fan » 11 Jun 2014

Is there a simple way for me to get EL to generate a trend line? I have an idea of the general rules, but I need to be able for the code to do this for me and then give me line value each bar so I can write a rule using that value. Can someone lead me in the right direction? I've done plenty of coding before but a trend line is totally new to me. thanks

TJ

Re: indicator to draw trend line???  [SOLVED]

Postby TJ » 11 Jun 2014

Is there a simple way for me to get EL to generate a trend line? I have an idea of the general rules, but I need to be able for the code to do this for me and then give me line value each bar so I can write a rule using that value. Can someone lead me in the right direction? I've done plenty of coding before but a trend line is totally new to me. thanks
I would start here:

EasyLanguage Essentials Programmers Guide
Drawing Objects
Trendlines ....................................................................................................116
Creating a Trendline ....................................................................................116
Moving a Trendline......................................................................................117
Removing a Trendline..................................................................................117
Formatting the Thickness of a Trendline .....................................................117
Formatting the Color of a Trendline ............................................................118
Extending a Trendline Left and Right .........................................................118
Finding a Trendline on the Chart.................................................................119
Trendline Get Info Reserved Words ............................................................120
Trendline Errors ...........................................................................................120

You can google for a free copy of this ebook.

Sinatra Fan

Re: indicator to draw trend line???

Postby Sinatra Fan » 11 Jun 2014

thanks, I'll take a look

Return to “MultiCharts”