Untitled Desktop on startup  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
MAtricks

Untitled Desktop on startup

Postby MAtricks » 16 Jun 2014

Is there a trick to opening the previously used Desktop?

I save my Desktop from the File menu, close MC, open MC, and the desktop that comes up populates my previously used Workspaces as they were per my selections via Preferences, but the Desktop is always back to an Untitled Desktop.

i'm going to assume that the simple workaround would be to save the Desktop or have a Shortcut to it placed in a convenient location and to open Multicharts directly from that? If so, I think we should look at this a bit more.

If I'm not missing anything, should we have an option in the Preferences tab to:
-Open previous Desktop
-Save Desktop on Exit

https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1679

Vote here to save our Desktops on exit and open the previously used Desktop on startup
Last edited by MAtricks on 19 Jun 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: Untitled Desktop on startup  [SOLVED]

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 19 Jun 2014

I save my Desktop from the File menu, close MC, open MC, and the desktop that comes up populates my previously used Workspaces as they were per my selections via Preferences, but the Desktop is always back to an Untitled Desktop.
Technically you don't save any desktop by doing this. All your workspaces are simply brought up on start and the instance of MC is called "Untitled".
i'm going to assume that the simple workaround would be to save the Desktop or have a Shortcut to it placed in a convenient location and to open Multicharts directly from that?
This assumption is correct.
If I'm not missing anything, should we have an option in the Preferences tab to:
-Open previous Desktop
-Save Desktop on Exit
A desktop = instance of MC with workspaces and configured tools bars. To open previous desktop, you should launch the the required desktop file. Save desktop on exit is actually a good idea. Please leave us such feature request.

MAtricks

Re: Untitled Desktop on startup

Postby MAtricks » 19 Jun 2014

https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1679

Vote here to save our Desktops on exit and open the previously used Desktop on startup

Return to “MultiCharts”