No Internet connection

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

No Internet connection

Postby bowlesj3 » 18 Jun 2014

Hi,

For years I have been bringing MC up in morning off-line away from the house with no internet connection and done work for about an hour (obviously on the notebook). Later I come back to the house to trade on-line on the desktop. I just found out that MC will no longer start without an internet connection. Is this a bug or have TS-support changed their policy? Actually when I was first developing the code for my system I would leave the house for many hours after trading hours and write and test code with MC off line often working from 4:00 pm to 9:30 pm. What can I say, being in the house trading all day can be a bit boring at times. I don't do it now since my system is done but I may in the future. Come to think of it, I have just become annoyed with IB to the point where I may switch brokers and rewrite code to send orders for the next broker (if that can be done). That may be a reason I choose to do some off-line coding until I am ready to test. If needing to be on the internet is a TS-Support policy change I believe not having off-line use puts MC at a competitive disadvantage. I would not be able to vote for MC any more since it was one of the better features allowing me to work at a higher productivity level (according to an old friend who is heavily into management, studies have proven that people become more efficient when their office space is changed every so often and I seem to be proof that it is especially true if they are working long hours).

Thanks,
John

bowlesj3

Re: No Internet connection

Postby bowlesj3 » 19 Jun 2014

Strange. I tried starting MC offline today and there was no problem. All I wanted to do was get the input values of an indicator I accidentally deleted (from MC on the the desktop machine that is). So I went to the notebook where there is a copy of the work space to look up the values. Yesterday I wrote them down on paper but I wrote them down wrong so I tried again today with the notebook offline. I guess I have to try and get around to doing the upgrade to the MC version that can block the deleting of studies (a feature I requested - LOL). There never seems to be enough time to get everything we want to get done finished. Oh well. That's life.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 24 Jun 2014

Hello John,

In order to continue using MultiCharts in Offline mode - you need to authorize it with your license once in 30 days.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 24 Jun 2014

Thanks Henry. I guess I have not been doing the notebook offline work much lately and 30 days slipped passed. I am preparing to build a web site and it has been taking up a lot of time. So I gather going in online fixed the authorization.

Return to “MultiCharts”