Real-Time Multi Time Frame....possible?  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
hughesfleming

Real-Time Multi Time Frame....possible?

Postby hughesfleming » 19 Jun 2014

My thanks first of all to TJ for pointing me in the right direction,

I have finally managed to solve one of my problems with ADE which I could not do any other way no matter how hard I tried. I never managed to get MTF working properly by loading daily data onto a 60 minute chart and referencing Data2.

One question remains is how to deal with real time MTF. On the daily chart, I am calculating an adaptive channel and then bringing in all the values into the 60 minute chart. One thing becomes obvious is that ADE is using the values of the channel at the previous days close. This is fine in this case.

I have another indicator which I am trying with great difficulty to port over to Easylanguage which runs on a daily chart but pulls in weekly and monthly data but updates every tick. It then draws some coloured rectangles and lines which plot support, resistance and targets using some kind of spectrum analysis. It simple won't work if I can't plot the values in realtime.

My question before I go any further with this is if real time MTF is impossible with the EasyLanguage version and if the .net version works differently with the dataloader. If it does, then I will will just concentrate on .net for anything that needs real time MTF.

Many thanks in advance for any insight,

Alex
Attachments
H1D1.PNG
(78.66 KiB) Downloaded 318 times

hughesfleming

Re: Real-Time Multi Time Frame....possible?  [SOLVED]

Postby hughesfleming » 20 Jun 2014

Solved with global variables.

regards,

Alex

Return to “MultiCharts”