A buy stop order

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
hendrix

A buy stop order

Postby hendrix » 27 Jun 2014

Hello

Is there a possibility to use / to program a "buy stop order" with Multichart? and is it possible tu use it with an automatique trading?

Example: Suppose you are looking to buy 100 shares of Intel (INTC) if the stock's price shows that it wants to go up. Assume INTC is currently trading at $20 per share and you believe that if the price rises to $22 or higher there will be continued upward momentum. You place a Buy Stop Order @ $22 on INTC.

Suppose INTC then proceeds to trade up to $22. At that time, your order would become a Market Order to buy and your order would be filled at the next best available price.

I have found this page : http://www.tradingcode.net/multicharts- ... top-order/

But, I would like to know whether there is a key-word for this kind of order with Easy Language? or if this order has to be programmed to be used?

best regards

Henry MultiСharts

Re: A buy stop order

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 Jun 2014

Hello hendrix,

That is possible to send buy stop orders in auto trading.
Please refer to the following articles:
Buy
Stop

hendrix

Postby hendrix » 27 Jun 2014

Hi Henri

You think the instruction "Next Bar At Price Stop" will do the order I expect ?

On the attachement, the exemple is for a long position. I imagine that this insctuction works for buy and sell position. :)

sincerely
Attachments
enter bar next.png
(10.49 KiB) Downloaded 498 times

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 29 Jun 2014

Example: Suppose you are looking to buy 100 shares of Intel (INTC) if the stock's price shows that it wants to go up. Assume INTC is currently trading at $20 per share and you believe that if the price rises to $22 or higher there will be continued upward momentum. You place a Buy Stop Order @ $22 on INTC.

Code: Select all

Buy next bar 22 stop ;

Return to “MultiCharts”