MULTICHARTS 9.0 BETA 2

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Henry MultiСharts

MULTICHARTS 9.0 BETA 2

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 08 Jul 2014

MultiCharts 9.0 Beta 2 has minor updates and fixes for features that were introduced in Beta 1.
Learn more here

Download MultiCharts 9.0 Beta 2

Portfolio Trader Manual

Portfolio Trader Strategy Examples

momentum

Re: MULTICHARTS 9.0 BETA 2

Postby momentum » 09 Jul 2014

I'm seeing an extra 20% or so of RAM being used in beta2. Is there more logging of the beta or is it something else. My charts each run 3 data streams looking at price, volume delta and cumulative volume delta down to the tick level. I have 3 charts opened at a time.

tcat

Postby tcat » 09 Jul 2014

In format indicator, the base study on "instrument number" appears to be missing the description of the instrument.
Attachments
BaseStudyOn.png
Base study on what?
(25.25 KiB) Downloaded 5181 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 09 Jul 2014

In format indicator, the base study on "instrument number" appears to be missing the description of the instrument.
tcat, please go to Format->Instrument. Can you see any instrument names in the list? Please send us the workspace you are using to support@multicharts.com

Henry MultiСharts

I'm seeing an extra 20% or so of RAM being used in beta2. Is there more logging of the beta or is it something else. My charts each run 3 data streams looking at price, volume delta and cumulative volume delta down to the tick level. I have 3 charts opened at a time.
momentum, please specify the exact process you are referring to.

momentum

Postby momentum » 09 Jul 2014

momentum, please specify the exact process you are referring to.
I can't do that as I only watch the total RAM used, not individual processes.

Henry MultiСharts

I can't do that as I only watch the total RAM used, not individual processes.
I am sorry but that is not a relevant comparison. That is possible that not a MultiCharts process is using the system resources. Please study the resource usage in more details and provide a more detailed description.

TCust

Postby TCust » 09 Jul 2014

1. Open Chart (IQFeed) 15 min, 01/05/2014 - 09/07/2014
2. Add strategy Bollinder Bands LE SE
3. View Strategy Perf. Report
4. Change first Date on Chart 01/01/2014
Attachments
Mem2.PNG
(4.13 KiB) Downloaded 5164 times
Mem1.PNG
(3.61 KiB) Downloaded 5149 times

TCust

Postby TCust » 09 Jul 2014

MC how re-download bad historical data on 1000 stock's, this 9.0 or 8.0 ? ;)

I see not correct data, on many ticker's per one day :)
Attachments
Err.png
(22.8 KiB) Downloaded 5147 times

ABC

Postby ABC » 10 Jul 2014

When I open the Portfolio Trader before the main MC program I get the message that I am already connected on a different machine. When I click on disconnect the other machine MC won't start and I get the "Your session has been terminated..." message.

The other way around i.e. starting MC first and the Portfolio Trader works fine.

EDIT: I have found the issue causing this. MC is started as admin by default, where the Portfolio Trader is not. When I start the Portfolio Trader out of MC it will be started as admin, too. When I start Portfolio Trader as admin first there is no problem opening MC later.

Regards,
ABC
Last edited by ABC on 10 Jul 2014, edited 1 time in total.

ABC

Postby ABC » 10 Jul 2014

Out of curiosity how will the Portfolio Trader handle a stock split that happens while you are live trading the Portfolio? When you use pmms_strategy_close_position to close out a position, but the amount of held stocks changed at the broker due to the split? Will the Portfolio Trader open an opposite position instead of only closing the held stocks?

As an example you are long 100 shares YXZ and there is 2:1 stock split and you now have 50 shares at the broker. After pmms_strategy_close_position is executed will the portfolio be short 50 shares as it sells 100 shares?

Thank you,
ABC

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 10 Jul 2014

1. Open Chart (IQFeed) 15 min, 01/05/2014 - 09/07/2014
2. Add strategy Bollinder Bands LE SE
3. View Strategy Perf. Report
4. Change first Date on Chart 01/01/2014
Hello TCust,

This issue has been confirmed. The fix is targeted to MultiCharts 9.0 Release Candidate.

TCust

Postby TCust » 10 Jul 2014

Henry, MC in 2014 year obliged have stock split's !

You have microsecconds in database, but not have stock split's, this nonsense :)

IQFeed, Esignal have stock split's data, all traders trade only Futures or may be stock's ?

Henry MultiСharts

The instrument names are not visible in Format Study -> Properties -> Base Study On as the instrument name has been disabled in the Format->Window->Status line.
That is expected behavior and it does not affect the operation of the indicators.
If you want to see the instrument name in this window – please turn it on in Format->Window->Status line.

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 10 Jul 2014

Okay, I've tested this on 3 different machines now with 8.8 and 9.0 with the TS data feed and Rithmic and with 2 symbols on each. They all show the same issue with 9.0. VERY slow platform!! These issues were not apparent with 8.8 at all.

Prices are so far off its scary! This first showed itself when the platform fired off LIVE orders about 30 minutes late.

The prices lag far behind and then at some point during a quiet market (hours later) the charts all catch up within a few seconds.

:: Take note of the prices::

To reproduce: Load up a similar workspace which is full of windows with a strategy or two on each and run for several hours. You'll notice the effect immediately, but to get real results, I ran it for a few hours. I've attached my sample workspace which I used for this.

Further information:

It appears that MC 9.0 is read/write I/O like a race horse, but the file which its reading and writing to and from doesn't seem to be sending or receiving anything at all.

So we look for what MC is reading and writing. Note that it is writing here, not reading. Resmon is not showing me where all the MC i/o reading is coming from, but I know that resmon and task manager have different reporting tools:

and to look at the file.. Note that the file hasn't been touched for hours and its a relatively tiny file so where is all this writing going to?:

I'm unsure if the reading/writing issue causes the platform to bog down so much, but neither issue occurs in 8.8.

MC asked if it was firewall or antivirus issues. No, its not. I turned off everything for these tests. Also, this is a fresh install of 9.0 from 8.8. The only thing different here is the upgrade to 9.0.
Attachments
File_that_gets_all_the_action_but_really_doesnt.png
(51.72 KiB) Downloaded 6614 times
Resmon_readwrite_activity_and_file_location.png
(33.25 KiB) Downloaded 6611 times
task_manager.png
(9.06 KiB) Downloaded 6612 times
MC-Example 2.wsp
(1.43 MiB) Downloaded 437 times
MC_9.0_slow_bug.png
(231.43 KiB) Downloaded 6612 times

Henry MultiСharts

Hello MAtricks,

The fastest and the most efficient way of analyzing this behavior is remote connection.
Please come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 1 pm EST to demonstrate this behavior remotely and we will collect all required for analysis information.

Henry MultiСharts

You can delete all data and load it anew or plot the missing period on a chart and reload only it.

Henry MultiСharts

Out of curiosity how will the Portfolio Trader handle a stock split that happens while you are live trading the Portfolio? When you use pmms_strategy_close_position to close out a position, but the amount of held stocks changed at the broker due to the split? Will the Portfolio Trader open an opposite position instead of only closing the held stocks?

As an example you are long 100 shares YXZ and there is 2:1 stock split and you now have 50 shares at the broker. After pmms_strategy_close_position is executed will the portfolio be short 50 shares as it sells 100 shares?

Thank you,
ABC
Hello ABC,

The behavior will be the same as with a regular manual interference into position that the auto trading is holding or trading the same instrument from two charts simultaneously. The auto trading and broker positions will be out of sync. More info can be found here.

TCust

You can delete all data and load it anew or plot the missing period on a chart and reload only it.
Henry, *not* serious for a program that contains historical *data base* !

ABC

Postby ABC » 10 Jul 2014

Hello Henry,

thank you for your answer. So I suppose when the individual strategies correct the chart position when the broker position changes for the strategy, the Money Management Strategy (MMS) shouldn't run into this issue as it's executed after the strategies.

If not, then MC lacks PMM related reserved words to get the broker position for strategies and symbols and the ability to reduce positions from the Money Management strategy. As currently you can only close them out totally.

Also a reserved word to allow/disallow exits is missing in my opinion. You can allow/disallow entries, but you can't do that with exits.
This would give much more control over the Portfolio trading.

Thank you,
ABC
Hello ABC,

The behavior will be the same as with a regular manual interference into position that the auto trading is holding or trading the same instrument from two charts simultaneously. The auto trading and broker positions will be out of sync. More info can be found here.

arnie

Postby arnie » 10 Jul 2014

I too have been noticed some lagging between the DOM (interactive brokers in my case) and my charts (IQFeed). This is something that I can't easily reproduce because sometimes happens, during a minute or so, other times it doesn't.

But since my computer is getting really slow (I need to format the disk and reinstall everything) I really can't say if this can be something related to the computer or indeed with MC.
Version 8.8 I didn't see this lag. I'm on MC 9 beta1. No point installing beta2 before I format the computer.

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 10 Jul 2014

Hello MAtricks,

The fastest and the most efficient way of analyzing this behavior is remote connection.
Please come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 1 pm EST to demonstrate this behavior remotely and we will collect all required for analysis information.
The workspace I supplied will demonstrate the issue. Please attempt it on your end. My machine is locked down until next week.

TCust

IQFeed send QM 9.0 database and its functionality, heartfelt greetings ;)

http://forums.iqfeed.net/index.cfm?page ... picID=3856
http://forums.iqfeed.net/index.cfm?page ... picID=3858

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 11 Jul 2014

thank you for your answer. So I suppose when the individual strategies correct the chart position when the broker position changes for the strategy, the Money Management Strategy (MMS) shouldn't run into this issue as it's executed after the strategies.
That is correct.
If not, then MC lacks PMM related reserved words to get the broker position for strategies and symbols and the ability to reduce positions from the Money Management strategy. As currently you can only close them out totally.
Individual strategies have such possibilities and it is supposed that these possibilities will be used, as PMM strategy does not hold it's own positions and does not trade directly.
Also a reserved word to allow/disallow exits is missing in my opinion. You can allow/disallow entries, but you can't do that with exits. This would give much more control over the Portfolio trading.
Please contact us directly if you have a use case when such words are required.

wegi

Postby wegi » 13 Jul 2014

Hi,

i have still problems with options in the quotemanager, as postet hier:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=46139&hilit=wegi

i tried to add option for symbol ESTX50 strike 3100, expiration AUG, from Interactive Brokers
I only searched for ESTX50 and i get more then 300 Results.
I sorted by strike and i found only 2 entries for strike 3100?
Attachments
QM1.png
(55.47 KiB) Downloaded 5124 times

t-rader

Postby t-rader » 14 Jul 2014

Hi MC Team,

I noticed in the Multicharts 9.0 Beta 1 thread it was stated that Bar Magnifier and IntrabarOrderGeneration are not supported in the new Portfolio Trader so I went to vote for and noticed there are 3 project management feature requests requesting this and thus votes are not collated.

http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... no=MC-1568
http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... no=MC-1227
http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... _no=MC-787

Taking it to a current total of 45 votes! That even beats the Dukascopy JForex integration request ;)

Unfortunately I did notice Henry's comments on this subject :(

'Portfolio Trader does not support IntraBar Order Generation. Unfortunately that is not technically possible at the moment and that is less likely it will be changed in the nearest future.'

hilbert

Postby hilbert » 14 Jul 2014

Hi MC Team,

I noticed in the Multicharts 9.0 Beta 1 thread it was stated that Bar Magnifier and IntrabarOrderGeneration are not supported in the new Portfolio Trader so I went to vote for and noticed there are 3 project management feature requests requesting this and thus votes are not collated.

http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... no=MC-1568
http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... no=MC-1227
http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... _no=MC-787

Taking it to a current total of 45 votes! That even beats the Dukascopy JForex integration request ;)

Unfortunately I did notice Henry's comments on this subject :(

'Portfolio Trader does not support IntraBar Order Generation. Unfortunately that is not technically possible at the moment and that is less likely it will be changed in the nearest future.'
For portfolio trader, Bar Magnifier is more urgently required than intrabar order generation.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 14 Jul 2014

Hi,

i tried to add option for symbol ESTX50 strike 3100, expiration AUG, from Interactive Brokers
Hello wegi,

Have you tried searching using Stock Options category like I have already suggested in the topic you are referring to?

mobelby

Postby mobelby » 14 Jul 2014

Hi,

Thanks for fixing most of the bugs in the scanner with beta 2.

One bug persists.

With an indicator, if you set it in indicator properties or via format indicator to have eg no decimal places in the style for one or more plots the scanner does not retain this setting when you next launch the scanner. (I always ensure this is formatted for "all symbols" and tick the use as default in the style tab).

Eg if I set Renko bricks to zero decimal places for the four plots I use, the next time I launch the scanner it goes back to four decimal places.

This applies equally to other indicators, including simple indicators I have built from scratch.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 14 Jul 2014

Hi,

Thanks for fixing most of the bugs in the scanner with beta 2.

One bug persists.

With an indicator, if you set it in indicator properties or via format indicator to have eg no decimal places in the style for one or more plots the scanner does not retain this setting when you next launch the scanner. (I always ensure this is formatted for "all symbols" and tick the use as default in the style tab).

Eg if I set Renko bricks to zero decimal places for the four plots I use, the next time I launch the scanner it goes back to four decimal places.

This applies equally to other indicators, including simple indicators I have built from scratch.
Hello mobelby,

This issue has been confirmed. Thank you for the reporting.

wegi

Postby wegi » 14 Jul 2014

Hi,

Hello wegi,

Have you tried searching using Stock Options category like I have already suggested in the topic you are referring to?

Ok, that was the problem. With "Stock Options" i get the correct result. The problem was, i tried first index option, then futures option. The result list shows "waiting" for a long time. i changed to stock option und press "lookup" again and nothing happend. It seems, that the request for "futures option" was blocking my new one and thats why i did not get a result.

thx

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 15 Jul 2014

The workspace I supplied will demonstrate the issue. Please attempt it on your end. My machine is locked down until next week.
MAtricks, we were running your workspace on our end for 5 days and there were no issues.
It appears that MC 9.0 is read/write I/O like a race horse, but the file which its reading and writing to and from doesn't seem to be sending or receiving anything at all.
We will have that fixed in the next version of MultiCharts.

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 15 Jul 2014

Please run the workspace during market hours. The weekend wouldn't do much to it. Have faith... :) Its there.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 16 Jul 2014

Please run the workspace during market hours. The weekend wouldn't do much to it. Have faith... :) Its there.
We were running it during the market hours for 5 days ;) The test environment is still running.

wilkinsw

Postby wilkinsw » 16 Jul 2014

The prices lag far behind and then at some point during a quiet market (hours later) the charts all catch up within a few seconds
I had this for ages with Patsystems data feed all the time. Like you say, MAtricks, it will suddenly catch up. Nightmare. I even reproduced for MC . MC asked for a Pats account from me to use on their end to simulate the handling of faster live data, which I can't provide. Now I'm waiting for them to access the Pats simulation environment to iron out these issues......I've been waiting months.

Recently it is far less frequent. It will still happen though when things start moving fast. Months have gone by and still no solution is forthcoming.

I should add that I'm on MC 8.8. Will consider updating when 9.0's issues are sorted. I also run on a powerful server...... although the leaky memory means I have to restart MC twice a day.

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 16 Jul 2014

Henry got to remote into a machine of mine to see the issue. I had to cut it off short.. as I cannot have my work machine tied up too long during my work day.

Since Henry said he's unable to replicate the issue on his end, but I am able to replicate it on several machines, I am now setting up a server which will be for the sole purpose of Henry being able to remote in and stay all day if he feels like it :) That machine should be up and running for you Henry in a couple days. Hopefully this will help MC in the bug identifying process.

jl12

Postby jl12 » 17 Jul 2014

I have similar issues.

Yesterday MC prices lagged by about 3 minutes during a faster period.

It was not a data issue as IQ and OEC and IB were all updating fine on other platforms.

In addition after MC locks up and I have to close the processes, data has not been retrieved on the restart. A problem for me as I have a lot of dde data that is then permanently lost.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 17 Jul 2014

Henry got to remote into a machine of mine to see the issue. I had to cut it off short.. as I cannot have my work machine tied up too long during my work day.

Since Henry said he's unable to replicate the issue on his end, but I am able to replicate it on several machines, I am now setting up a server which will be for the sole purpose of Henry being able to remote in and stay all day if he feels like it :) That machine should be up and running for you Henry in a couple days. Hopefully this will help MC in the bug identifying process.
Hello MAtricks,

Thank you for cooperation. Let me know when the test environment is ready.
We have another client with similar issue that was invited to the live chat to continue the analysis. I will keep you updated on the progress we have.

Henry MultiСharts

I have similar issues. Yesterday MC prices lagged by about 3 minutes during a faster period. It was not a data issue as IQ and OEC and IB were all updating fine on other platforms.
Hello jl12,

Please come to our live chat to demonstrate this behavior remotely.
In addition after MC locks up and I have to close the processes, data has not been retrieved on the restart. A problem for me as I have a lot of dde data that is then permanently lost.
In case this behavior happens again please do the following:
  • Download and unzip MC dumper to your PC:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/279 ... Dumper.zip
  • Please do not restart MultiCharts when a problem appears.
    Keep MC or its processes running and if there is an error window - keep it open.
  • Start MC_Dumper gui.exe
  • In MC Dumper window please select the version of MultiCharts you are having problem with in “Product for Dumps selector”.
    Please keep in mind that MultiCharts, MultiCharts64, MultiCharts .Net, MultiCharts .Net 64, MultiCharts .Net SE, MultiCharts .Net SE 64 are all different products and the one you are having problem with right now must be selected to collect the required information.
  • Do not change any other options.
  • Press Make Dumps.
    It will collect all info required for analysis and zip it into the file.
  • Please send us this file to support@multicharts.com and we will analyze it.
If the file size is >10 mb please upload it to any file sharing hosting and send us the download link.

Henry MultiСharts

The prices lag far behind and then at some point during a quiet market (hours later) the charts all catch up within a few seconds
I had this for ages with Patsystems data feed all the time. Like you say, MAtricks, it will suddenly catch up. Nightmare. I even reproduced for MC . MC asked for a Pats account from me to use on their end to simulate the handling of faster live data, which I can't provide. Now I'm waiting for them to access the Pats simulation environment to iron out these issues......I've been waiting months.
Recently it is far less frequent. It will still happen though when things start moving fast. Months have gone by and still no solution is forthcoming.
I should add that I'm on MC 8.8. Will consider updating when 9.0's issues are sorted. I also run on a powerful server...... although the leaky memory means I have to restart MC twice a day.
Hello wilkinsw,

Please come to our live chat to demonstrate this behavior remotely.

hilbert

Postby hilbert » 18 Jul 2014

when is MC 9.0 final version expected? or will we see a beta 3.0 also?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 18 Jul 2014

when is MC 9.0 final version expected? or will we see a beta 3.0 also?
MultiCharts 9.0 Release Candidate will precede MultiCharts 9.0 Release.
Release Candidate can be expected in 3-4 weeks.

%/user/%

Postby %/user/% » 21 Jul 2014

Can Multicharts support agree that the trendline bug, existing for ages, is still or again present in Multicharts 9.0 beta 2 ?

Thank you.

TJ

Postby TJ » 21 Jul 2014

Can Multicharts support agree that the trendline bug, existing for ages, is still or again present in Multicharts 9.0 beta 2 ?
Thank you.
To be fair, you should give a reference, either a link to a previous discussion, or a link to a Project Management case. Otherwise you are merely generating confusion.

%/user/%

Postby %/user/% » 22 Jul 2014

I reported this issue/bug long time ago on another version under my user : piranhaxp, but I lost password and can't remember what my backup-email was. So not able to report/ask from there.

The issue is :

If you draw a trendline manually with the end of the line before the last bar on chart (left next to it), it doesn't move while increasing/decreasing bar spacing. But when you draw a trendline with the end of the trendline on the right of the last bar in the chart space area and you increase/decrease the bar spacing, then the trendline is moving and losing the original points.

I will make a video (if time) and post the link to it later here. I reported this way earlier and I can remember some folks confirmed it here and Henry or Stan confirmed this issue as known as well.

Doesn't matter ... this is still a bug in 9.0 Beta 2 Build 9505.

I hope that's fair enough.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 22 Jul 2014

I reported this issue/bug long time ago on another version under my user : piranhaxp, but I lost password and can't remember what my backup-email was. So not able to report/ask from there.

The issue is :

If you draw a trendline manually with the end of the line before the last bar on chart (left next to it), it doesn't move while increasing/decreasing bar spacing. But when you draw a trendline with the end of the trendline on the right of the last bar in the chart space area and you increase/decrease the bar spacing, then the trendline is moving and losing the original points.

I will make a video (if time) and post the link to it later here. I reported this way earlier and I can remember some folks confirmed it here and Henry or Stan confirmed this issue as known as well.

Doesn't matter ... this is still a bug in 9.0 Beta 2 Build 9505.

I hope that's fair enough.
Hello %/user/%,

The solution for the behavior you are referring to has been already provided numerous times on our forum, including the thread you have created back in 2013.

%/user/%

Postby %/user/% » 22 Jul 2014

Right-click on the chart -> Format Window -> X-time Scale -> Chart Shift -> Change it fro, % to Bars -> .......
NOT OK ... I know this post from 2013. But it still is a bug.

This is not a solution. It's just a workaround. When you have a maximized chart window and choose bars to use and you change the window size to small enough in a multi-window workspace you will loose the last bar in the chart.

You may I have to find another workaround for this new problem, because you would have to adjust the bar space between the last bar and the end the price scale. Always. How annoying is it in a trading environment staying busy to adjust charts all the time ?

So I would like to see things thing fixed.

Thank you.

Mike

ADD : .... and just imagine you have a chart trader open ... Disaster.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 23 Jul 2014

Right-click on the chart -> Format Window -> X-time Scale -> Chart Shift -> Change it fro, % to Bars -> .......
NOT OK ... I know this post from 2013. But it still is a bug.

This is not a solution. It's just a workaround. When you have a maximized chart window and choose bars to use and you change the window size to small enough in a multi-window workspace you will loose the last bar in the chart.

You may I have to find another workaround for this new problem, because you would have to adjust the bar space between the last bar and the end the price scale. Always. How annoying is it in a trading environment staying busy to adjust charts all the time ?

So I would like to see things thing fixed.

Thank you.

Mike

ADD : .... and just imagine you have a chart trader open ... Disaster.
Please capture a video demonstrating the current behavior you have and we will study it.

jl12

Postby jl12 » 25 Jul 2014

Memory usage has gone up with 9, is this a feature. If it is I will need to up my ram.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 25 Jul 2014

Memory usage has gone up with 9, is this a feature. If it is I will need to up my ram.
jl12, which particular process are you referring to?

RAM usage can be increased for TsServer.exe process due to the fact that the operation speed of Multicharts has been increased by using a RAM Cache (in 64 bit MC only).
If you want to get back to file cache you need to run the registry editor and go to the following path:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TS Support\MultiCharts64\Storage\UseFileCache
By default UseFileCache = 0 (file cache is disabled).
Please set UseFileCache = 1 (enable file cache).
That should reduce the tsserver.exe memory usage.

jl12

Postby jl12 » 25 Jul 2014

The memory usage for multicharts.exe continually increases when open.

I don't want to slow mc down so would add memory rather than lose a cache.

Could this new process also explain failure to save data after restart from shutting down processes.

jl12, which particular process are you referring to?

RAM usage can be increased for TsServer.exe process due to the fact that the operation speed of Multicharts has been increased by using a RAM Cache (in 64 bit MC only).
If you want to get back to file cache you need to run the registry editor and go to the following path:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TS Support\MultiCharts64\Storage\UseFileCache
By default UseFileCache = 0 (file cache is disabled).
Please set UseFileCache = 1 (enable file cache).
That should reduce the tsserver.exe memory usage.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 25 Jul 2014

The memory usage for multicharts.exe continually increases when open.
Please describe how exactly you have utilized MultiCharts to spot this behavior.
Were you using backtesting/auto trading/optimization/playback/manual trading?
What was the initial memory usage, what was the memory usage after 2/4/6 hours of running it?
Could this new process also explain failure to save data after restart from shutting down processes.
Such issue has not been reported. If you have processes that are not ending after the application is closed - please run LogsCollector (Windows Start menu->MultiCharts->Logs Collector) to upload the dumps or follow this guide and send the results to support@multicharts.com for analysis.

You can also come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 3 pm EST to demonstrate the issue remotely and we will collect all required for analysis information.

shanemcdonald

Postby shanemcdonald » 27 Jul 2014

Memory usage has gone up with 9, is this a feature. If it is I will need to up my ram.Would this explain failure to save data ......

I would always lose performance report data when I had to shutdown MC from task manager.
I did find a workaround to save performance data though.

If MC freezes , then just shut down tsserver process in task manager. This will free up MC to save your performance report data to a file manually. You will no longer have a data feed or trading capabilities, but you can save some things you may need to save before restart.
You will still have to shut down MC and restart, but this gives you a chance to save any strategy reports or data you may want.

hope this helps

shane

arnie

Postby arnie » 29 Jul 2014

First of all, still waiting for the extend right option for the rectangle ;)
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1309

I've just noticed an odd reaction.
Yesterday I draw some rectangles and today I noticed that all of them moved forward by 1 bar.
Actually, if you look at the start of one of them, it says 18, which was the right date from where I draw it yesterday but today is starting at 21.

Attachments
rect.png
(37.44 KiB) Downloaded 5949 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 Jul 2014

First of all, still waiting for the extend right option for the rectangle ;)
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1309

I've just noticed an odd reaction.
Yesterday I draw some rectangles and today I noticed that all of them moved forward by 1 bar.
Actually, if you look at the start of one of them, it says 18, which was the right date from where I draw it yesterday but today is starting at 21.
Hello arnie,

We are currently analyzing this behavior.

arnie

Postby arnie » 01 Aug 2014

I think I've made this question before but can't seem to find it.

Is there a file (similar to HotKeys) where the Toolbars position and the ones selected are stored?
It would facilitate when we move settings between computers or when we do a clean install.

konstantin

Postby konstantin » 05 Aug 2014

Is there a maximum number of symbols for portfolio trader?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 05 Aug 2014

I think I've made this question before but can't seem to find it.

Is there a file (similar to HotKeys) where the Toolbars position and the ones selected are stored?
It would facilitate when we move settings between computers or when we do a clean install.
All toolbar positions can be saved to the Desktop file.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 05 Aug 2014

Is there a maximum number of symbols for portfolio trader?
100 instruments for MultiCharts 32 bit.
Not limited for MultiCharts 64 bit.

SP

Postby SP » 05 Aug 2014

Could we upgrade the IQFeed client to version 5.1.1.3 (July 25th, 2014) or are there any similar issues like with Java 60/65 and IB ?

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 05 Aug 2014

Could we upgrade the IQFeed client to version 5.1.1.3 (July 25th, 2014) or are there any similar issues like with Java 60/65 and IB ?
I did the IQfeed update today, I haven't noticed any problems yet..

philhm

Postby philhm » 06 Aug 2014

Could you please consider including globally drawn objects for 9.0? I am a new user of MC and also use NT and while I am impressed with MC and its ability to handle data more efficiently I am surprised that you have to redraw the same line or rectangle on each trading window. Surely if NT can do this you can as well. Thanks!

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 07 Aug 2014

Could you please consider including globally drawn objects for 9.0? I am a new user of MC and also use NT and while I am impressed with MC and its ability to handle data more efficiently I am surprised that you have to redraw the same line or rectangle on each trading window. Surely if NT can do this you can as well. Thanks!
Hello philhm,

Unfortunately there is no such functionality and it is not in our to-do list at the moment. You can vote for the corresponding feature request in the Project Management system:
MC-138 - Add Drawing Tool to All Linked Charts with same instrument in a workspace

arnie

Postby arnie » 15 Aug 2014

Is there a way to separate the Marker text color from the background color?

With the colors I use for the markers and the background I barely see the text. It would be nice to set it white (or other color) like the price scale text.

Attachments
marker_color.png
(11.46 KiB) Downloaded 5516 times

arnie

Postby arnie » 17 Aug 2014

Is there a way for us to access 2 chart/study Format windows at the same time?
One of your competitors allow us to do this is is actually pretty handy.

Imagine you have 2 separate charts and in one of them you want to use the other's study settings, imagine that study has 20 inputs that need to be set up.
Allowing us to open both Format windows at the same time and put them side by side would facilitate the input settings. I would stop taking print screens to help me remembering all the correct settings.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 18 Aug 2014

Is there a way to separate the Marker text color from the background color? With the colors I use for the markers and the background I barely see the text. It would be nice to set it white (or other color) like the price scale text.
Is there a way for us to access 2 chart/study Format windows at the same time?
Unfortunately there are no such options at the moment.

As for the formatting studies I can suggest saving a study template once the study is configured, then applying the required template on the chart you need.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 25 Aug 2014

Return to “MultiCharts”