Scheduled Alert (or reference to similar app)

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
javamarket

Scheduled Alert (or reference to similar app)

Postby javamarket » 25 Jul 2014

Hi All and once again thank you for response ...

As of this writing I do not believe MC has a feature to schedule a periodic 'alert' as does TS. For example I have an alert scheduled to repeat during the market hours with a sound 1 minute before the bar closes so I can see the close of the 5 minute bar.

If I am incorrect, can someone please point me in the direction of this feature within MC and if it does not exist is anyone aware of a simple windows app that may provide the same function? If confirmed it does not exist I will add it to requested features.

I've searched for a few days and haven't found one I can limit to 'market hours'.

Many thanks,
Mark

JoshM

Re: Scheduled Alert (or reference to similar app)

Postby JoshM » 25 Jul 2014

As of this writing I do not believe MC has a feature to schedule a periodic 'alert' as does TS. For example I have an alert scheduled to repeat during the market hours with a sound 1 minute before the bar closes so I can see the close of the 5 minute bar.

If I am incorrect, can someone please point me in the direction of this feature within MC and if it does not exist is anyone aware of a simple windows app that may provide the same function? If confirmed it does not exist I will add it to requested features.
If I understand you correctly, it wouldn't be too hard to code this in PowerLanguage. Just create an indicator with the alert settings set to 'multiple times per bar' (don't know the exact wording).

Here's a template/idea that might help (untested):

Code: Select all

Variables:
StartTime(800), // The trading hours start/end
EndTime(1700),
TimeInterval(ELTimeToDateTime(5)), // Convert 5 minutes to DateTime
lastTrigger(0);

if (LastBarOnChart_s = false) then
#return;

if (CurrentTime > StartTime) and (CurrentTime < EndTime) then begin

if (Mod(FracPortion(ComputerDateTime), TimeInterval) = 0) and (CurrentTime <> lastTrigger) then begin

Alert("This is my alert message triggered every x minutes");

lastTrigger = CurrentTime; // Store time to prevent a flood of alerts
end;

end;

RecalcLastBarAfter(15); // Update every 15 seconds, if needed

javamarket

Re: Scheduled Alert (or reference to similar app)

Postby javamarket » 25 Jul 2014

Thanks Josh,

Via indicator is what I was considering but thought I might be better served with an 'external' solution in the event I wanted to add trigger events.

That said, thank you so much for your sample. I'm sure others will find it useful as well.

Mark

Return to “MultiCharts”