Missing bars - MC version Interactive brokers

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Automeq

Missing bars - MC version Interactive brokers

Postby Automeq » 30 Jul 2014

This morning MC was non responsive and I had to close it down

After that there are missing bars in all symbols (stocks, futures, forex) from 14:15 to 16:15 (this corresponds to 9:15 to 11:15 NY time).

Is there any way of solving this like forcing a a backfilling, cleaning cache or such ? (this version doesn't have quote manager)
Attachments
missing bars.png
(124.04 KiB) Downloaded 475 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Missing bars - MC version Interactive brokers

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 30 Jul 2014

Hello Automeq,

MultiCharts/.NET for TWS will be soon updated to fix the missing portions of historical data from Interactive Brokers when using Java 1.7.0_60 or higher.

Please see this post to learn how to fix it right now.

Automeq

Postby Automeq » 31 Jul 2014

Thanks. This worked well (both the uninstall and reinstall of Java, as well as the reload).

It seems, though, that I have to do the reload in all symbols I used yesterday because each time I open a new one I see the gap is there (some gaps are even difficult to spot because they're not so evident).

The issue is that I used a lot of symbols yesterday and don't remember all of them. Any way of sorting this to every symbol ? Otherwise I may stay with wrong data without noticing, wrong studies like moving averages, wrong renko boxes, etc.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 31 Jul 2014

The optimal solution is reloading each chart you need. You can also delete all data for the instruments in QuoteManager and start from scratch - but it will take a lot of time to download all of the required data with IB anew.

Automeq

Postby Automeq » 31 Jul 2014

I would rather prefer to do that (clean everything) but if I'm not wrong IB version doesn't have quote manager, right ?
If so, what's the alternative ? Would uninstall MC and reinstall clean everything ?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 01 Aug 2014

In MultiCharts please go to File->Preferences->Directories->copy the path for the databases directory. While MultiCharts is closed - open this directory and delete all files in it. Then Repair MultiCharts:Control Panel-> Programs and Feature-> MultiCharts for TWS ->double left click–>Next->Repair.

Return to “MultiCharts”